Uniting Church of Australia to allow Same Sex Marriage

sbs.com.au/news/god-s-good-creation-uniting-church-s-key-governance-body-endorses-same-sex-marriage

God have mercy on our reprobate country. Truly the Sydney Anglicans are this countries' only hope of Salvation

Attached: the (((uniting church))).jpg (472x247, 45.6K)

The Uniting Church has been in serious decline for years; as far as I know, only old people and migrants attend their services any more. They have no local youth or anybody to inspire greater fellowship numbers. This is an unfortunate trap for many Christian groups: their numbers are declining, so they try to pander to what's popular, and in turn alienate serious Christians who had the greatest potential to join their fellowship in the first place. IIRC, the same thing happened to the UMC and ELCA in America. They tried to pander to "progressives" and leftist irreligious people, and in turn alienated their own people and other Christians.

This cannot be said enough. As someone who grew up in the Anglican Church, attended a Uniting Church for about 6 years (mainly because that's where my friends in highschool were going) before returning to the Anglican church when I started taking my faith more seriously I could literally see the numbers of the local congregation declining over time as the sermons become more and more progressive.

Funnily enough the youth group at my local Uniting Church (that tries to sell itself as progressive and inclusive) only pulls in 20 or so kids on a busy night, whereas the Anglican Church I'm leading at now (which was vocally against gay marriage leading up to the plebiscite and doesn't allow women preachers) hasn't had a week with less than 80 kids so far this year.

I guess this shows that if a church is no different from a bar or TV, people won't bother coming.

If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
They make a grave mistake

Attached: last_hope.PNG (647x483, 163.79K)

This, there's no question about it. Why would you cave in to people that hate you? They already hate your guts and think, you're scum of the earth. So why would trying to be progressive while destroying your own theology in the process help? You can't placate people that already hate your guts.

Attached: 6cbbb06c99dba60fc82ebaabb30915e400fa8a3db773af4363a46b8f70fd6d08.jpg (798x667, 76.46K)

More to do with people within the church I think

Damn, I was gonna go to one of those this weekend. Why is it so hard to find a nice small church in Brisbane? They're either huge impersonal multinational groups like Citipointe or Hillsong, or start pandering like these ones. I just want a small tight-knit communion to listen to proper sermons, not any of this new-age reinterpretation of Christ's message.

Adelaide here, I feel your pain, bro. It's the same here.

Yer most churches in Australia are pretty cucked I’m from Caboolture btw

Truly, there is no wickeder creation than the "pentacostals"

Attached: 259fe7bfb4ff6f7e93618a9c0f66f033ed7598f1e0772651917926f92708ed46.jpg (225x225, 9.93K)

Why are there so many protestants in this thread? Where are you guys hiding?
Why not just begome gadolig and go to a proper church rather than worrying about this eternal Anglo bullshit.

Most of the active Christians in Australia are some kind of Protestant. Catholicism is largely just a cultural thing to those who identify as such.

Oops, kinda misread your post, oh well.

Going to need a citation on that one.
At best I'd say that because you anglos have already gone through your secularisation, the only ones left believing are those strong of faith.
However because most of us migrants (whether we're 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation) haven't gone quite through the same secularisation process, we havr those who are both strong in their faith and others who are luke warm.
But here in Melbourne I'm yet to meet a protestant who isn't an outright heretic, even by protestant standards.

APOSTOLICS NO!

This is only from what I've seen and experienced around Adelaide; obviously it may be different elsewhere, such as the case in Melbourne.

Attached: 10-shocking-facts-garbage2-fb.jpg (1200x630, 58.82K)

>"If the church is committed to learning from Jesus about challenging the injustice of excluding people then it will seriously consider extending marriage to couples of the same gender."
No Australian Christian is in the slightest way surprised by this.
What actually surprises is that it took them until [current year].

He will. It is His nature to have limitless mercy, particularly when there is just a small number of faithful people left.

>Truly the Sydney Anglicans are this countries' only hope of Salvation
Oh, to be fair, it's not JUST the Sydney Calvinists holding up the fort, Queensland is awash with Christians of all stripes, but I guess it is easy to say "Sydney to the rescue" when you compare to say Melbourne or Adelaide where there's only a tiny minority of us still holding up God's flag.

I'll partially back the user on this one. There's just I think it was 8% of Australians go to church in any given month, and 30% claim to be gadolig, and 30% Gangligan pl;us many others beside … means a lot of people are nominal.
That it's a well-known meme that gadolig churches are overflowing on Easter Sunday and Christmas day/eve just highlights what everyone already knows. I'm not saying it's anything other than equally-shared, of course. There are / I know some pretty full-on gadoligs.
>muh you don't have to attend mass every week
While that may be true, come on, how true to your God are you if you collect your rations just twice a year?

Attached: wtaf.png (294x255, 114.82K)

Also, only he whose country and church is without this sin may throw stones
Pics and articles below related for the apostolics

Attached: 1525539966.jpg (647x303 815.92 KB, 406.78K)

The difference is those are just plain heretics, but with pr*testant DIY "theology" it's just a matter of opinion

That's just Catholics!
Stop using blanket terms like "apostolic," it implicates us Orthos too!

End times when

Attached: 7jGk0I4.jpg (680x691, 327.68K)

Not to be pedantic but since we're talking about blanket terms, the Orthodox Church is both catholic and apostolic.
Just call them roman caths.

Roman catholic church was such an absolute cunt organization for SO LONG that the mere word "catholic" became a pejorative among real christians. It speaks more to the level of monstrosity RC became, than to accuracy.

t. Baptist

Attached: DbrofIOV4AAcAss.jpg (605x558, 50.13K)

Yeah only baptists hate you.

Only "baptists" are dumb enough to act all butthurt whenever their betters are even mentioned

The only thing you're "better" than is Aztec cannibals.

As usual, success breeds jealousy

Attached: 259fe7bfb4ff6f7e93618a9c0f66f033ed7598f1e0772651917926f92708ed46.jpg (225x225, 9.94K)