Favorite theologians and/or Christian apologists? Bonus points if they're contemporary

Favorite theologians and/or Christian apologists? Bonus points if they're contemporary.

Attached: DNrnKS9U8AEngvV.jpg (774x338, 51.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelema
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(wub a lub)

Attached: download (5).jpg (200x190, 4.3K)

hows he not been mentioned yet?

Attached: lewis at desk.jpg (800x659, 118.92K)

Attached: Lott1.jpg (820x550, 68.95K)

Bill Craig is pretty good for a contemporary name.

stop

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (356x392, 75.13K)

Can this man possibly be photographed and not look like a total tool?

CS Lewis
Gary Habermas (my personal favourite)
William Lane Craig
NT Wright
John Lennox

I don't know what would be worse, this being a joke or not.

The camera only registers.

The following are also my answers
I'd also add RC Sproul and though I'd like to say John MacArthur, I'm not sure he qualifies as either theologian or apologist. Expositor, teacher, sure. Then again, he's written 50 million volumes of commentary of the New Testament, so …

Am I supposed to know who this is?
Am I supposed to care?

Attached: macarthur-the-lord-told-me.jpg (640x640, 48.17K)

He's the primary driving force behind the latest incarnation of the "cultural Christian" phenomenon. He tries to marry new age Christian flavored spirituality with evolutionary behaviorism by cherry picking things from better thinkers who are probably turning in their graves with how he's abusing their works. His entire goal is to get out in front of the current spiritual reawakening and make sure it's properly twisted into blind obedience to the secular status quo.

Wesley

This.
Jordan Peterson is the reason why I don't trust that psychologists are actually out to help me.

great choice

I usually never see Ravi Zacharias or Nabeel Qureshi or David wood mentioned.

Is this a given that most people don't like them?

I like David Wood. I imagine plenty of others around here do as well. There is/was a Christianity vs Islam general that always had tons of DavidvWood stuff in it.

Wood is a memelord, not very appropriate for serious discussion

I like Ravi and Wood; I hadn't heard of Qureshi. I didn't list them simply because they escaped my mind at the time tbh.

Are you new to Wood's channel?

I'm not a regular on his channel tbh, I've only seen him with Sam Shamoun(sp?).

why the disdain, isnt he a good Christian apologist? he has brought many into the faith and renewed the interest for Christianity for those who had given up on it.
He was a good influence on me in that sense.
Now i'm reading saint Augustine, Lewis, The Bible, going to mass again and actually enjoying it for the first time in my life. You can bet i'd be lost forever on religiosity/Christianity if it wasnt for him, the hold the current nefarious culture had on me had turned me against the religious education my parents gave me.
I must always be grateful to this man, he brought me back to a good path of which i'll never stray again.

No need to agree with everything he says though, i certainly dont.

Attached: nossa senhora da lapa.jpg (720x480, 96.73K)

How can you not love this guy after watching him mop the floor with Bart Ehrman?

Attached: 797f4980b71e38fe5b83a93a66fa14f4.jpg (236x307 168.94 KB, 20.63K)

Peterson is not a Christian, friend.

john lennox by far. reasonable arguments, tries to make listeners think, knows what he's talking about when he makes something a part of his argument (which i can't say about everything i heard from william lane craig - he's not bad, but not quite on the same level as lennox). his german is also really good - he knows how to express himself for a non-native speaker. i was pretty impressed and he's overall just nice to listen to.

By seeing that he spergs out as soon as you mention Steve Ray?

Ravi Zacharias, contemporary indian Christian apologist. Big fan.
Embeded is one of my favourite speeches. Why? He answers a difficult question that i have struggled with.

No, he's a satanist zionist puppet that is only there to push apathy via classical liberalism.
Quick reminder that "Do What Thou Wilt" is satanic. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelema

John Piper is also very good. I recommend.

Seems like a fair treatment to me.

I've been reading an orthodox priest named Pavel Florensky. He is a polymath educated in many areas, and his historical typology is spot on. One of the greatest minds of the XX — if not the greatest.

If any of you is familiarized with the modern world crisis theories then you should read him.

Hey thanks for sharing. Good stuff.

the Calvinist who gets triggered when reminded that the church fathers all believed in real presence mopped with the floor with Fart Erhman? link?

To be fair, mopping the floor with Bart Ehrman isn't very hard. He has been the punching bag for Christian apologetics for some time.

Attached: 74.png (900x900, 1.06M)

Christianity is Judaism. It is the direct continuation of the faith of Abraham, Moses, and all the other Jews before christ. Comparing Christianity(the continuation of Judaism, in fact, Judaism) and the faith of the Pharisees of the past 2000 years is shitty.

Attached: dawkins-clay.jpg (508x657, 88.62K)

Attached: AsUMjFjCQAA3bAG.jpg (370x532, 43.9K)

It's amazing how many of them think this is a good argument when all it does is portray a complete lack of understanding of metaphysics.

Peterson is not a Christian, he's a jungian, and a borderline gnostic.

Did we watch the same debate? Because in the one I watched James was stuck having to defend an assertion(that no reading has dropped out of the text tradition) for which he had no hard evidence for, and was in denial he was doing so. He really just resorted to appeals to human authority.
If you really want to see Ehrman on the defensive watch this debate.

I remember him making that joke in a sermon once. Hilarious that somebody actually made it.

I wonder if Ehrman realizes how petulant he sounds. Man could stand to lift some weights and get some t back into his body.

I dunno if we did, maybe they had multiple debates. But the one I watched, White made him look like a moron. Ehrman had to resort to interrupting him and using crowd appeal tactics like smug laughing, usually following an exchange where White had to correct him or repeat himself because Ehrman is unable to imbibe the arguments of his opposition,

Forgot the embed. This is the cross-examination section of the debate, where you can see what I'm referring to.

if someone brings people to Christianity he is a christian apologist. i could care less what that persons true beliefs are, what matters is the end result.
for said result i must be thankful to him.
'God writes straight on crooked lines' is usually said.

I guess you don't understand that co-opting a movement is a method of destroying it. Peterson establishes false presuppositions which preclude actual faith in Christ. You can't build a marble statue out of clay.

I don't like Peterson either but you're undermining your point by citing an anti-trinitarian like Vox Day for this.

Vox is a heretic? I only figured out this guy existed today over on Zig Forums Zig Forums

Vox is 100% a heretic. Denies the Trinity, denies that God is omnipotent/omniscient (see The Irrational Atheist for that one).

Don't get me wrong, I love him and the good work he is doing, but his theology is fubar. Still, he's leagues above "christianity" flavored new age claptrap like Peterson.

Ad hominem. Vox Day's personal beliefs are irrelevant to the discussion.

this tigger

I actually first became interested in Christianity because of Peterson. I was a Gnostic Jungian before that, and his Gnostic Jungian talking points were what made me listen. Then I decided to check out the real thing and now I'm here.

This is analogous to saying that Christianity led you to Islam, therefore your pastor is a Muslim apologist.

So you're saying he an Anglican?