Are there orthodox churches using the Old Calender in the US

Is the Gregorian calender the norm now in American orthodox churches or is the new calender the norm?

Attached: Synod.jpg (801x478, 89.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ecumenizm.tripod.com/ECUMENIZM/index.html
hotca.org/
hsir.org/index-en.html
gocamerica.org/
homb.org/
genuineorthodoxchurch.com/
omologitis.org/?page_id=399&lang=en
bulgarian-orthodox-church.org/index-en.htm
orthodox-christianity.net/
churchgoc.blogspot.com/p/parishes.html
roacusa.org/
theorthodox.org/
sinod.ruschurchabroad.org/engindex.htm
avlonasynodusa.com/
rocor-trenton.com/index_EN.htm
roca-sobor.org/eng/dioceses
thegenuineorthodoxchurch.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Made a mistake I meant to say if the OLD calender was the norm.

New calendar is of course the norm amongst the official churches. I think they're are a few old calendarist sects but they're incredibly sketchy and unrecognized.

ORTHOPROTRTHOPROTOTHOPROTORHOPROTORTOPROTORTHPROTORTHOROTORTHOPOTORTHOPRTORTHOPRO

Attached: 1f19004dc66e9b080fc7582ac545ca7c600e2b3c47fc86161f2ed3110a53e4db.jpg (250x241, 6.87K)

Daily Reminder, today is April 23

What's wrong with the Julian calender? I like having Christmas day on January 6th as it means you can avoid the secularism of the holiday entirely.

There's nothing wrong with the Julian calendar. What's wrong is cutting yourself off from the Body of Christ over it.

By no means do I intend to cut myself off from the body of Christ, if the only orthodox churches nearby use the new calender I will of course attend. It's just that I would prefer to use the Julian sole for personal preference.

Churches under Moscow.

So the ROCOR is old calender. Are there any other churches?

ROCOR isn't the only church under Moscow that's in America. So any Russian Orthodox Church works really.

From Orthodox Wiki:

Thanks brother that's alot of info.
So those churches using the revised Julian what does that mean? Is it just to align Christmas with the rest of Christianity?

There is a difference between using the old calendar and being "Old Calendar." Being "Old Calendar" means that particular group of people is in schism because their leaders went autistic. However, some parishes in recognized (full communion) Orthodox bodies may still use the old calendar. Mine is part of the OCA and continues to use the old Julian.

midwest oca here, old calendar

It means nothing. It's just to align the liturgical year with the rest of Christendom and society, that's it.
Some parishes like mine use both calendars at the same time, celebrating Christmas twice (since the Russians and Ukrainians won't come for December 25th anyway).

Greek Orthodox of America here, we just use the old calendar to figure out where Easter falls so we don't get any timeline weirdness with Passover. We use the new calendar for everything else.

Why do papists get so upset when Protestants convert to the One True Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church?

new calednar ecumnist heretics are the norm
ecumenizm.tripod.com/ECUMENIZM/index.html

hotca.org/
hsir.org/index-en.html
gocamerica.org/
homb.org/
genuineorthodoxchurch.com/
omologitis.org/?page_id=399&lang=en
bulgarian-orthodox-church.org/index-en.htm
orthodox-christianity.net/
churchgoc.blogspot.com/p/parishes.html
roacusa.org/
theorthodox.org/
sinod.ruschurchabroad.org/engindex.htm
avlonasynodusa.com/
rocor-trenton.com/index_EN.htm
roca-sobor.org/eng/dioceses
thegenuineorthodoxchurch.com/

Attached: Archbishop_Matthew_Karpathakis.png (245x332, 103.45K)

IT WAS HIS TURN

Why do americans do this

I laugh because you get all the larpers and they constitute the majority of your converts

So much hate, are you sure you are even a Christian at all?

Would they be larping if they converted to Catholicism too? If not why?

I can see he's a larper because of the OP he's posted and you can too

Th legends say they don't even know what larping is anymore.
To this day, in the darkest nights, new converts still can hear "ortholarp" beneath the silence

I'm not a Forensic Pathologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, and that guy at the head of the table looks like Archbishop Kallinikos of Athens of the Florinite Genuine Orthodox Church.

Jelly.

Attached: 269fd3727c0c9ca44a2f912011d355204742c1550e916b5e9ae0e8aa34501362.png (514x347, 176.51K)