FL. man faked his suicide to look like a murder using a balloon

The mysterious death of a Florida man has been solved, police say, after piecing together an elaborate suicide plot that included a weather balloon hoisting a gun into the sky.

Palm Beach Gardens police began investigating the death of Alan Jay Abrahamson as a homicide. His body was found with a bullet wound to his chest in a field near his country club home in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, on Jan. 25. Abrahamson, known to carry $200 to $300 in cash, had no cash in his wallet. His watch was missing. Police, who found no weapon or shell casings, began searching for suspects. They did find a pair of small scissors.

Surveillance video obtained a few days after the death shows Abrahamson's last moments: Wearing a long-sleeve sweatshirt, blue ball cap, shorts and sneakers, Abrahamson walks off of a sidewalk and off camera. Something was in his left hand. About 37 minutes passes. Then, a gunshot is heard.

An email found on Abrahamson's phone suggested he bought a weather balloon on Christmas day of last year. A purchase none of his friends could explain. He didn't have an interest in aerial photographer or meteorology. He also purchased helium tanks.

In February, police entertained the idea that Abrahamson's death might have been a suicide. The working theory became: He tied a gun to a string, attached it to the weather balloon, and once the shot was fired, the balloon carried the weapon away from the scene.

The mysterious death of a Florida man has been solved, police say, after piecing together an elaborate suicide plot that included a weather balloon hoisting a gun into the sky.

Palm Beach Gardens police began investigating the death of Alan Jay Abrahamson as a homicide. His body was found with a bullet wound to his chest in a field near his country club home in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, on Jan. 25. Abrahamson, known to carry $200 to $300 in cash, had no cash in his wallet. His watch was missing. Police, who found no weapon or shell casings, began searching for suspects. They did find a pair of small scissors.

Surveillance video obtained a few days after the death shows Abrahamson's last moments: Wearing a long-sleeve sweatshirt, blue ball cap, shorts and sneakers, Abrahamson walks off of a sidewalk and off camera. Something was in his left hand. About 37 minutes passes. Then, a gunshot is heard.

An email found on Abrahamson's phone suggested he bought a weather balloon on Christmas day of last year. A purchase none of his friends could explain. He didn't have an interest in aerial photographer or meteorology. He also purchased helium tanks.

In February, police entertained the idea that Abrahamson's death might have been a suicide. The working theory became: He tied a gun to a string, attached it to the weather balloon, and once the shot was fired, the balloon carried the weapon away from the scene.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/16/florida-man-faked-his-murder-using-gun-and-weather-balloon/787566002/

archive.is/a26ru

Attached: Weather-Balloon-Alan-Abrahamson_1531852682209_12379975_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg (1280x720, 543.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crime-scene-investigator.net/understanding-gunshot-residue.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: columbo.jpg (1200x676, 213.65K)

I smell a very very nasty coverup. what a cute story!

You faggots still can't even copy and paste correctly.

1) How did the police get access to his email server yet they can't access Hillary's?
2) This is why you buy everything in cash that you ever plan to use maliciously.

3) Should've used a voice changer during his video to throw cops off more.

LOL @ YOU PASTING THIS STORY TWICE IN THE SAME POST

YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!

IF YOU CANT COPY AND PASTE, THEN YOU CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!!

YOURE NOT EVEN QUALIFIED TO CLICK A MOUSE WITHOUT FUCKING EVERYTHING UP

YOU…..
STUPID…..
PIECE………..
OF…………………
SHIT !!!!……………..

so far, I hear nothing but circumstantial evidence, with NO real concrete evidence….

until they physically find the balloon and the firearm, the balloon and the firearm they've got nothing but speculation

==LET ME GUESS:=°

They found a credit card transaction on his phone where he paid a seagull to fly away with the shell casing?

You You fucking fucking moron moron

Thank God copying and pasting effectively isn't a prerequisite qualification for taking it up the ass in an abandoned truck stop restroom, or you'd be shit out of luck in the job market…..

faggot

WTF @ THIS STUPID GRAPHIC ??!!

Attached: PicsArt_07-19-01.16.52.jpg (621x720, 65.9K)

Do you know what a WEATHER BALLON is, you stupid piece of shit?!!

This is a BIRTHDAY BALLOON!!

Attached: PicsArt_07-19-01.17.31.jpg (621x720, 98.79K)

See, dumbass?

Attached: PicsArt_07-19-01.31.18.jpg (1480x1480, 218.46K)

Plus….

WHAT KIND OF FAGGOT KILLS HIMSELF WITH A GUNSHOT TO THE CHEST?

real men shoot themselves in the head

Attached: PicsArt_07-19-01.23.34.jpg (1533x2071, 343.91K)

I wonder if this was something he had been planning ever since he was young

Attached: PicsArt_07-19-01.46.03.jpg (947x1280, 141.29K)

My guess is he wanted his kids to get life insurance money, which would be impossible in the case of suicide

Attached: PicsArt_07-19-02.00.38.jpg (1106x720, 159.08K)

Or he used a revolver
Or he used a semiautomatic but jammed a steel nut in the action to prevent it from ejecting the casing

He sounds like a pretty smart guy, he probably thought of these things and is also capable of
REDTEXT

Hi Andy,(SAC)your sire has been depressed without his jester to amuse him.
Stay away from that /newspus/ board.
It will rot your brain even quicker than this one.

Here is a crime seen for you to solve, Ellery Queen.

House in Arizona:Insurance adjuster walks into a hot room with no windows and finds a dead man hanging from the ceiling. There was no chair beneath him that he might have jumped off of, or a table.
But the asshole Insurance adjuster refuses to pay out to the needy widow and the 7 orphans.

Why?

Don't click on the spoiler until you know the answer my sweet.

I't an easy one

Attached: Cantstand.jpg (300x300, 45.47K)

I've seen all the noir worth seeing.

Attached: jj.jpg (182x268, 20.9K)

The Insurance guy found a somewhat similar situation:body hanging in NYC in the winter in an unheated house.

Poor widow got 0

Why?

The guy stood on a block of dry ice

Two girls ate dinner together. They both ordered iced tea. One girl drank them very fast and had finished five in the time it took the other to drink just one. The girl who drank one died while the other survived. All of the drinks were poisoned. How did the girl who drank the most survive?

The poison was in the ice

A man was found dead with a cassette recorder in one hand and a gun in the other. When the police came in, they immediately pressed the play button on the cassette. He said "I have nothing else to live for. I can't go on," then the sound of a gunshot. After listening to the cassette tape, the police knew that it was not a suicide, but a homicide. How did they know?

If the man shot himself while he was recording, how did he rewind the cassette tape?

The machine had auto-rewind when it reached the end

A dead body is found at the bottom of a multistory building. Seeing the position of the body, it is evident that the person jumped from one of the floors, committing suicide. A homicide detective is called to look after the case. He goes to the first floor and walks in the room facing the direction in which the body was found. He opens the window in that direction and flips a coin towards the floor. Then he goes to the second floor and repeats the process. He keeps on doing this until he reaches the last floor. Then, when he climbs down he tells the team that it is a murder not suicide. How did he come to know that it was a murder?

None of the windows were left open. If the person jumped, who closed the window?

A wealthy man lives alone in a small cottage. Being partially handicapped, he had everything delivered to his cottage. The mailman was delivering a letter one Thursday when he noticed that the front door was ajar. Through the opening he could see the man's body lying in a pool of dried blood. When a police officer arrived he surveyed the scene. On the porch were two bottles of warm milk, Monday's newspaper, a catalog, flyers, and unopened mail. The police officer suspects it was foul play. Who does he suspect and why?

The cop suspects the newspaper delivery person. The absence of Tuesday's and Wednesday's newspaper indicates that the delivery person knew there was no one there to read it.

Now this is interesting! More?

Easy one

Mr. Fiend recounted his dismal discovery to the police:

“I was walking by Mr. Teddy’s house when I thought I would just pop in for a visit. I noticed his study light was on and I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. I walked through the snow towards the window, and I had to wipe the condensation off the window to see inside. That is when I saw his body. I kicked in the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. I called the police immediately afterward.”

The officer immediately arrested Mr. Fiend for the murder of Mr. Teddy.

How did he know Mr. Fiend was lying?

Condensation forms on the inside of the window in the winter, not on the outside. So Mr. Fiend could not have wiped it off to discover Mr. Teddy’s body.

pretty much random, there could be some random person entering the room he had jumped from noticing the open window and randomly closing it without noticing what happened few floors below

he could even have jumped from the rooftop…..this detective must be fired for not having thought of it

A simple paraffin test would conclusively prove whether or not he shot himself.

It wouldn't. A positive result would indicate a gun had definitely been discharged in close vicinity (no shit, he died of gunshot wounds).

A negative result wouldn't prove he didn't shoot himself, either: gunshot residue brushes off very easily, and there have been gun suicides that test negative. Besides, they didn't come up with the suicide theory until weeks after the body was discovered, at which point the residue has almost certainly been displaced by handling of the body.

Microscopic gunpowder residue DOES NOT 'come off easily'….

sorry

HERE'S A MYSTERY

Which one of these people is actually female

Attached: 63bfc08007218f51ddcc0e50552b00c87c253dfbc6e9542adbfd98e2e82f4f20.jpg (1920x1080, 300.37K)

A: the one in the tuxedo

Q: which mortician did all of their makeup?

It looks like they are all Corpses of transvestites, and a mortician has spray-painted the exact same makeup template on all of them

Attached: PicsArt_07-19-07.07.05.png (550x825, 53.91K)

They're all wearing the exact same horrible lipstick, foundation, and embarrassingly out-of-date eye makeup….

Yes, it does. Washing your hands will likely put levels below the threshold for a positive test. Tests are considered pointless after 6 or so hours since the residue will have transferred onto other objects and off the shooter's hands in that time. It would certainly have transfer issues from post-mortem handling of the body weeks later, when they finally starting looking into a suicide theory.

And you can transfer it from one hand to another by contact. In this case, even if they managed to do the test shortly after discovery and GSR was found on his hand, that could mean the shooter moved his hand out of the way so he could grab a wallet. Or it could mean the victim lifted his hand in self defence and the gun went off close to the hand.

crime-scene-investigator.net/understanding-gunshot-residue.html

Holy shit someone actually did it

Attached: d25b95_5659957.jpg (800x480, 46.49K)

Read the article, it was in an episode of CSI:Vegas back in 2003 and someone tried it in 2008, but failed because the balloon got caught on a cactus and didn't fly off.

Lol not bad dude

is he on the lam in mexico now?

Thank me later

no wonder he killed himself

Thank me later

Take up skiing, accidentally ski off a cliff.

Take up hunting, fall on your rifle

Go for a drive and get lost in south side Chicago

You got from a cartoon, man, that's not physically possible.

Oy gevalt

So basically, all you need to do to stage the perfect murder, is convince your victim to order a weather balloon in advance of the killing?

Consuela the cleaner beaner

Or, just know their email address and then buy the balloon with ebay guest checkout using their address

thank me later

superglue gives it away

Not bad, but got to get the fall guy's prints on the handle

To clarify, by middle, I mean the middle of the 4 lanes as you attempt to cross