Why do you act like "muh LARP maymay" is a good reason not to become Orthodox?

Why do you act like "muh LARP maymay" is a good reason not to become Orthodox?

Attached: 5c762be881d64eff8fe54f696888c2cd3696977bd5fd875eb043a95193ea3f35.jpg (464x447, 12.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

orthodoxwiki.org/Council_of_Florence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Florence
ncronline.org/news/opinion/parish-priest-breaks-silence-shares-he-gay
newwaysministry.org/2018/04/24/one-gay-priests-ups-downs-coming-closet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because you are lying to yourself and other? "Begomemeing" anything isn't much use if you don't actually have faith.

Attached: dungeon meshi question.JPG (590x576, 125.36K)

No, rather unlike most, I actually gave my religious preoccupations due consideration. Anyone who does this will find the Orthodox Church.

Jealous Catholics, probably.

They also want you to just overlook all the BASED sodomites they protect and allow in their clergy.

Its what happens when one bishop gets arrogant and thinks they can dictate for all Christendom.

Attached: download (10).jpg (259x194, 8.1K)

I know right, like why can't churches be left alone to do what they want to do without some patriarchist hwite male telling them what to do??

Attached: Capture.PNG (829x917, 1.29M)

Oh Snap!

Because their relationship is with the world and not with God.

Attached: 17636818_1623496407668309_1899555781712081368_o.jpg (1150x2048, 327.25K)

This is one of the arguments i've come across
The others are le orthoprot and my favorite "muh Kirill is the pope of Orthodoxy" (which he's somehow a KGB agend thus making the whole Orthodoxy a KGB scam)
I usually don't waste my time to debate when one of these 3 idiotic statements makes an appear

The arrogance

What is wrong with claiming you have the truth when you believe you do?
Do you not believe your faith is true?

"Orthodox" has a works gospel

Exactly how is being Orthodox LARPing? I can see it with paganism because it's a """"religion"""" devoid of traditions, history and adherents but the Orthodox Church is very much alive.

Attached: d45767454c919462a0bc2a1558749c0f6b45bd88452d7fbe01bb5a45f81ccdd5.jpg (789x584, 40.7K)

Can you qualify your statement?

Because some think that most become Orthodox just because we are bit more conservative, thus attracting more people with alt-right and Zig Forums that view religion as an ideology and cultural phenomenon that holds traditional values, rather than living religion of Christ. I mean, to be fair, there are people that convert to similar reasons, but we are not an exception and there are people that convert to other denomination for similar reasons.

yes, I struggle with evil as we all do but my poor choice of words does not mean what I said is untrue.

Baps and Cats just jelly.

As if that were bad thing.

Attached: 20935080_1822813301069951_1280525554786318721_o.png.jpg (1124x524, 48.16K)

I don't believe your faith is true.

Have the gates of hell prevailed against the Orthodox church though they've railed against it many times? No, Orthodoxy has survived continual persecution. The Soviet Bloc targeted the eastern church.. The Coptic churches have been persecuted throughout their entire history by violent pagans and yet they still stand. Has the Eastern church fallen to the seductions of the modern age and become corrupt? No, the Patriarchs have only maintained doctrines, not presuming to alter them dramatically as The Catholics and protestants alike have done. This history speaks for itself.

Read on the great schism. Believing in roman catholicism is just a step above anglicanism. It was a political move and not a theological one. Don't be a useful idiot to rulers.
I hope you come back to Christ.

Attached: 24796263_1957095487641731_2958931377432961076_n.jpg (960x540, 47.11K)

How many oversees missions does the Ethnodox Church have currently? Oh wait lel.

Attached: Laughing Sherlock.gif (245x239, 615.5K)

Oh I have read on the schism enough to know you prefer Turk dick than to stick to your own word given at Florence

Paint me blue and call me papa smurf, it's like clockwork.

Great job at doing exactly what I asked you not to do, focusing on political and not theological issues.
I'm not throwing any pearls to you piggie anymore.

Just look at this love filled message by our fellow brother in Christ. Surely, a quality post.

Attached: 1513568868271.jpg (738x720, 216.89K)

What theological correctness could such a disgusting pile of spineless worms ever have? Why should I think you strive for rigor when you bend over backwards just to survive, morality be damned? Why did your only monks, the ones who'd have the least to fear from death, seek the protection of the m*slim invader, instead of seeking martyrdom for the truth? Their unbelief shone ever so brightly that day, its light blinds me through space and time. Your history is one long string of failure and shame with no redeeming undertakings, except the ones you prop up to make yourselves feel less bad about your cowardice. How many times have you been divorced, by the way?

Don't you dare call me brother, worm

You may hate us, but we love you. God bless you.

What use is the love of the damned? Repent and convert, the day of the Lord is at hand.

Hmm… it's almost as if you want to lead people away from the faith with your stand-offish and arrogant attitude.

Attached: d3da2aa354b706efadbff2c22277c33223c2c87a7fe25da32ed95ef4b427fbe7.png (360x361, 36.19K)

Smoke and mirrors which hide your long-dead integrity

But I do.

Attached: seraphim-rose.jpg (468x700, 79.1K)

Attached: NW9q.jpg (654x654, 109.3K)

that pic made me laugh harder than it should have

Your anger won't benefit you, friend.

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is, charity, joy, peace, patience, benignity, goodness, longanimity,
23 Mildness, faith, modesty, continency, chastity. Against such there is no law.
-Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

Attached: st paisios.jpg (263x300, 16.73K)

Despite their own denominations having their own ethnic and regional preferences (Italian, Irish and Latino for the Catholics; Northern Europeans for the Protestants) , the "OrthoLARP" meme is essentially a spinoff of the "ethnic club" meme; itself spun from the fact that Orthdoxy has heavy roots in Greece and Eastern Europe.

In other words, other denominations trying to scare people off from Orthodoxy by trying to spin the false narrative of "you must be of Greek or Eastern European descent, or else you're just a LARPer."

Behold: Exhibit A -

Your vulgarity and bile is not convincing me very much of you walking close to Christ.

Brother, don't waste your breath on Catholics, God is dismantling them already.

Attached: catho3.png (2126x1410 143.28 KB, 777.59K)

We're catholics too, fren.

As long as it shakes you from your torpor, I can live with that

closer than you, mohammedos economides
Jokes aside, I can't stay calm when somebody like tries to brush the Council of Florence under the rug so blatantly

Obviously Catholics commonly refers to Roman Catholics, whereas the true Church is always explicitly called Orthodox Catholics.

The point of orthodoxy is not political.
Funny how your people claim orthodox are larping pollacks but in reality the Vatican would stand even without Christ. It is merely political.
You're much closer to political islam than us, amigo.

I know I'm being pedantic, but small differences in language can and will develop overtime to vastly different lines of thought.
This is the very foundation of Church dogma and it is extremely important.

Why do you put so much emphasis on Florence? Does it make you upset that we aren't obliged to blindly follow the orders of our "popes", but seek consensus for decision making like the early church?

Your pedantism is unnecessary. I've heard Orthodox clergy and monks refers to Roman Catholics as just Catholics more often than not.

Because his church is falling apart and he is mad that the true Church is still in the graces of God.

Attached: 200px-Father_Seraphim_Rose.jpg (200x285, 8.17K)

Disobedience to one's leaders is a flaw, don't try to justify it. You could have ended the schism centuries ago but didn't, merely out of pride, and here you are, a house divided unto yourselves. Your collapse is inevitable, and I hope you'll make the right choice when the time comes.

The thing is, our house rises and falls as the Spirit sees fit, your has fallen and has been gazing at its navel for so long it has forgotten what it means to be united with a common purpose. If the "ecumenical" patriarch ever regains any sliver of credibility and authority, I'll eat my hat.

This board isn't Christian.

As one studied in history and theology as yourself, perhaps you could help us Orthodox find in the Scripture or early church Tradition where it obliges a Christian to follow his bishop into schism or heresy? We've been looking for centuries, please help.

He doesn't need to, because we are the true and only Church that has kept the traditions of the apostles unchanged. It's something you wordly machiavellian papist will never understand, because
y o u
h a v e
n o
f a i t h
in Christ.

Attached: 6jmdi0ka3kk01.jpg (1236x966, 334.53K)

Of course now you claim it's about theology, when we all know it's because the t*rks were knocking on your metaphorical backdoor and couldn't risk being conquered and your leadership losing their lives, because a mustard seed eclipsed their collective faith. Or do you mean to tell me you sent heretics whom you were hoping would get killed or ignored?

Talk about heresy

They have no understanding.

Attached: 5.jpg (800x465, 64.29K)

"We" didn't send anyone, friend. That's why "we" rejected the decision they had no right to make in the first place.

Our leader is Jesus Christ.

Ok, whatever, stay toasty in hell I guess

Why would God literally punish us for trying to reunite with you if you were the True Church?

Indeed, the leadership did compromise, and we were punished for it:

orthodoxwiki.org/Council_of_Florence

>Mark, Metropolitan of Ephesus – He was by all accounts the most outspoken defender of Orthodoxy, he handled the discussions on the hard topics of Purgatory, the addition of the Filioque and their doctrinal errors. He was silenced in later debates by his own Emperor after harsh debates with John, the Dominican Provincial, in which it was obvious that the Latin position was faltering. He was by all accounts the only delegate present for the signing of the end documents who refused to do so.

This, in spite of it being against the will and faith of the general populace:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Florence

By your logic, our compromise and surrender to the Catholic church should have brought us prosperity and blessing. Instead, it brought about our own version of a Babylonian exile.

It would have also brought you tests you were supposed to pass, which it did, and you failed them miserably because you failed to stick to your word. You reaped the fruits of your insincerity.

The general populace didn't have a "word" to stick to. It was overridden by the faithless secular emperors.

Anyone that doesn't compromise the faith for LGBTQ+ is a heretic and a BIGOT!

Attached: download (15)

You and your friend have been going at this long enough that you should have realized nobody believes you but yourselves.

Gallicanism was born as a result of this as well, setting the stage for the Reformation, Absolutist politics, and the eventual china syndrome meltdown of modernity that we live in. Are you going to try to lay all of this at the Eastern Church's feet too? Perhaps you should have been a bit more critical of the infallibility of an infallible declaration of infallibility. The Roman Catholics were playing fast and loose with the Council of Florence and they knew it, trying to prey on fears of Turkic aggression and bait the emperor into claiming authority over the Eastern Church and forcing the reforms to secure an alliance. France did to the Roman Pontiff exactly what he was trying to get the Byzantine emperor to do to the Eastern Church. How is this lost on you?

O i am laffin

You're right, it all probably just another one of the baptist church's many many pranks.

Sauce: ncronline.org/news/opinion/parish-priest-breaks-silence-shares-he-gay

SO BRAVE

Attached: Gregory Greiten c (1).jpg (960x685, 57.72K)

What is with people coming out? Why is it such a big deal to them?

A future baptist convert, no doubt.

Even though he is still ordained in the Catholic church. Cry as hard as you want, ill still be laughing in Church Slavonic

newwaysministry.org/2018/04/24/one-gay-priests-ups-downs-coming-closet/

Can you imagine the bigotry? This wouldn't happen at the Slavonic Baptist Church *wink*

Attached: orthod.png (367x474, 145.81K)

really makes me think
I would have nothing against it if you also didn't constantly complain about le ebil Catholics trying to convert everyone with coersion.

Really aggrevates my asparagus

It's because the other denoms feel threatened by Orthodoxy tbh.

Mean spirit aside, this is actually kinda true.

Muh early church writings is why

Read on Monothelitism and the Acacian Schism. Nothing new under the sun

Read on Monothelitism and the Acacian Schism. Nothing new under the sun

St Kosmas the Aitolian had a very different approach saying that God protected the faith this way. Under the Turks we got to keep our faith away from papism, reformations, enlightment, modernization etc. This way Christianity was preserved as it was in the ancient times and now it's having a comeback to the hearts of those who are still Christians in the west and are disappointed by their crypto-atheist denominations (hence the butthurt).

Remember that God's plan is long term

imagine unironically thinking this

Attached: 3025faffb057dd0146593864e55f5782af1501ecf814b9eff0fe7a6257028aa9.png (436x323, 242.48K)

God doesn't work on your time table buddy. papists seem to think that genocide of native people and coming with a huge army at your back counts as evangelism

God doesn't take a pause from anything idiot
WTF are westerners even Christians?

I assume you can quote the relevant documents or meta-analysis to corroborate your claims

That is my exact point illiterate-kun

Nice apples and oranges.
How come the Catholic Church didn't have to wait for the invention of the internet to evangelize the world? Stop making excuses schismatic
Here comes the orthoprot that never stopped believing protestant memes in all his ignorance
You don't seem to complain nowadays when the russian army has your back. Nice hypocrisy you got there. Are Catholics cucks or are they totalitarian despots? Find out in the neverending ortho game of saying both things at the same time whenever it suits them in an argument

Attached: FB_IMG_1518812463108.jpg (560x349, 32.27K)

Well, 85 posts in and it already shows who are the true LARPers, that is, the ones who use "schismatic" instead of commas and apostrophes

Attached: 1510526257853.jpg (998x719, 131.94K)

- St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture XVIII

- St. Augustine, 'Against the Fundamental Epistle of Manichaeus' Chapt.4

Typical Zig Forumsthodox LARPer.

It's the reverse, actually. The problem is not becoming Orthodox. The problem is people who use the smallness (is that a word?) of the Orthodox church to LARP. They LARP as Orthodox because they figure not enough people know about it, so they use it thinking nobody can call them out on their bullsh*t.

Does that make sense?

What incentive does a person have to LARP, of all things, as an Orthodox? A Protestant hiding his attack on the Catholic Church, falsely exaggerating Orthodoxy's popularity whilst also concealing the means the Protestants are willing to stoop to?

Attached: 1522424804607.png (240x210, 7.93K)

He is kind of right in that (parituclarly American) prots will come to the OC and find that they now have "access" to both ancient and original Christianity, AND get to keep their anti-papist shit too.

The other thing is that much of the Orthodoxy in the West derives from the nobles and aristocrats of Russia who carried it with them to Paris and London and Berlin, and which was already deeply hostile to the West to begin with, so it then began to develop this internalising self-hatred of westerners and the Latin Church rather than recognise the primacy of honour that they often fall back to when they are cornered about rejecting Petrine Supremacy. As a matter of fact the Orthodox Church at large in the USA is even referred to as the Church "Outside of Russia".
Plus it also seems to have this deeply neo-Palamite bent, almost to the exclusion of a lot of other shared patristic figures of both East and West. Russian orthodoxy also doesn't have the same kind of intellectual history that the Greek Church proper has, since a lot of native figures didn't bother to learn Greek and only picked up the odd trend that came their way (Palamism being one of them), and when they did and tried to conform their liturgy to the Byzantine tradition, you got the Raskol which almost tore the Church apart.
In a way it reminds me of the intellectual parochialism of the post VII Church, which almost exclusively refers to the documents of the Council rather than branching out to the past 2,000 years of actual tradition for citations. In modern day bible commentary you are more likely to find references to Lumen Gentium or Nostra Aetate or Sacrosanctum Concilium than most of the Fathers.

This.

This is wrong. The largest Orthodox church within the US is the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese. This is what your average American knows when he hears Orthodox Christian, that is if he even knows what Orthodoxy is. Next is the OCA which was the first in North America as a result of Russian colonization. ROCOR is actually one of the smallest in the US, and is only a result of the Russian revolution.

Attached: Screenshot (49).png (973x218, 56.07K)

Oh how rich, an orthodog who complains about gallicanism

Attached: serveimage(10).jpg (1280x720, 193.75K)

BETTER TURK

THAN POPE

Because 99% of Orthodox you meet online will be American teenagers. This isnt even a meme, join any orthodox discord and ask where theyre all from. There will be lile one serb or something everyone will suck off and everyone else is american clinging to anything that looks cultural

Always do the opposite of what the american does

We need to find common ground as Brother's in christ.
t. reformed baptist

Attached: ChristianUnity.png (960x444, 148.59K)