Alt-right exposes Guardians of Galaxy3 director James Gunn's pedo tweets,Disney fires

Disney has fired writer-director James Gunn from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 after a right-wing media personality resurfaced a series of offensive tweets Gunn made, in many cases from 2009 and 2010. “The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values,” Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, “and we have severed our business relationship with him.”

As noted by Polygon, conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich — perhaps best known as one of the most active promoters of the fake “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory — began resurfacing some of Gunn’s old tweets, some going back nearly a decade. In the tweets, Gunn makes a number of jokes about pedophilia and molestation. In Pizzagate, right-wing media personalities like Cernovich pushed the idea that Hillary Clinton and other members of Democratic leadership were running a child-molestation ring out of a pizzeria in Washington, DC. They promoted the absurd theory so fiercely that eventually a man who bought into Cernovich’s rhetoric opened fire in the restaurant with an assault rifle.

While Gunn’s jokes are by no means appropriate, nor the kind of thing that family-friendly Disney would want to be associated with, Cernovich’s assertion that they prove Gunn is himself part of a pedophilia ring seem just as absurd as the Pizzagate accusations. Anyone who has followed Gunn’s career knows that the filmmaker started in the world of low-budget, exploitation cinema, writing schlocky movies like Tromeo and Juliet before eventually climbing his way into the Hollywood studio system, where he wrote films like Scooby-Doo before finally breaking into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the first Guardians of the Galaxy. Offensive, shocking humor was one of the filmmaker’s trademarks early in his career, something he acknowledged in an apology posted to Twitter on June 19th:

Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor.

2. It’s not to say I’m better, but I am very, very different than I was a few years ago; today I try to root my work in love and connection and less in anger. My days saying something just because it’s shocking and trying to get a reaction are over.

3. In the past, I have apologized for humor of mine that hurt people. I truly felt sorry and meant every word of my apologies.

4. For the record, when I made these shocking jokes, I wasn’t living them out. I know this is a weird statement to make, and seems obvious, but, still, here I am, saying it.

5. Anyway, that’s the completely honest truth: I used to make a lot of offensive jokes. I don’t anymore. I don’t blame my past self for this, but I like myself more and feel like a more full human being and creator today. Love you to you all.

This isn’t the first time the filmmaker’s sense of humor has led to outrage and concern. A 2011 blog post, “The 50 Superheroes You Most Want to Have Sex With,” received harsh criticism for being both homophobic and sexist.

theverge.com/2018/7/20/17596452/guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel-james-gunn-fired-pedophile-tweets-mike-cernovich

Attached: DiiVF4kXUAAJLWr.jpg (1024x590, 135.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bhX0GfLh
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

An actual rapist used decade-old tweets from a director (who has already apologized for said tweets) to accuse him of being a pedophile, to get him fired, and to spread another conspiracy theory about Hollywood around just because said director is anti-Trump.

In other words, Disney just gave in to the alt-right without looking into if Gunn had apologized for the tweets (which, I’ll remind you, he did).

Here are some choice SJW tweets

Robby Starbuck
‏Verified account @robbystarbuck
11h11 hours ago

I don’t understand anyone saying James Gunn shouldn’t be fired over tweets or shouldn’t be fired because @Cernovich found them. We should all agree that firing over pedophilia content is good. #2 I don’t care if Satan found the tweets, the tweets are why he’s fired. End of story.
39 replies 297 retweets 952 likes

New conversation
Ms. Donna
‏ @DCTFTW
11h11 hours ago

Replying to @robbystarbuck @darreljorstad and

What disturbs me most are the comments attached to article. People actually defending him. From what I've seen posted these supposed jokes went on for years & anyone who thinks pedophilia and rape is something to be joked about are as sick as he is.
4 replies 4 retweets 56 likes
Robby Starbuck
‏Verified account @robbystarbuck
10h10 hours ago

I agree the people defending him made me sick.
7 replies 2 retweets 22 likes
Victoria
‏ @Sonse2014
4h4 hours ago

Robby, I read the tweets they shared in the article (there are probably more) they made me sick. Sounds like he needs help not a job.
0 replies 2 retweets 5 likes

Hate to break it to all the James Gunn haters, but I was working in entertainment ten years ago and pedo jokes were EVERYWHERE. They were so normalized that you were taunted for being offended by them. I suffered through this personally.

Hollywood being full of pedos isn't a conspiracy.

its exactly a conspiracy. the word conspiracy being weaponized by the media to discredit people is also a conspiracy.

i'd say there's a way to make pedo jokes without actively implying you are one

Also why does this topic appear to be getting shilled GLP style ? How many different threads need to get made on this ? What specific data is hoping to be elicited here, or what was said on previous threads that required it be buried for another one ?

So what will happen first?
Will all this social media outrage lead us to an all out war?
Will the internet get taken down because of security reasons?
Will someone in charge us common sense and pass a law that declares any and all social media comments as unimportant white noise?

Where?
This is Zig Forums, autieboy.
Don't see ant shilling here or even a post on /newspuss/(but there will be one soon as they play kethcup

my bad, it's happaned on the other boards

please accept my apologies

At this point I just assume everyone working in Hollywood is pedophile.

the absolute state of the MSM

What goes around comes around. Eventually SJWs will realize they are not safe from their own actions. While normally I'd call bullshit on this happening, Cernovich isn't the one on some holiar than thou high horse the Leftists like Gunn are. Maybe things will start changing

I worked for Warner Bros., and I can honestly say I never heard industry insiders joking about this type stuff. Not even once.

But then again, I was usually too busy fucking my newborn nephew to pay attention

I'll pay $500 to anybody who can show me even ONE Hollywood Industry Insider who doesn't hate Trump's guts.

There's a reason why Hollywood hates Trump:

Because in Hollywood, people are intelligent

Yes this sort of thing clearly has no place in the company whose revenue has for the last 40 years depended on pandering to furfags. And they're taking a firm stance on it, just like with all the actual child abuse finger family/elsa/spiderman vids on youtube that they could easily DMCA but don't because it gives you money or because you can use it as a pretext to get people to give you power to censor the internet further
people like you are why shit like this never goes anywhere: you immediately blow your load/credibility by crying wolf at anything that vaguely might resemble one and make everybody else tune out the actual whistleblowers. My idiot family still doesn't believe dragnet surveillance is a thing in part because morons like yourself have given the media a strawman to incorporate into their narrative.

implying they're able to understand cause and effect

If those jokes make Gunn a pedo, then everyone who makes a dead baby joke is a child killer.

Attached: unimpressed_definitely.png (401x505, 152.89K)

We're making the enemy live up to their own rules.

its a lot more then the pedo tweets

Attached: Tweet1.png (624x206, 35.59K)

Attached: Tweet2.png (633x172, 28.44K)

hes just plain offensive to eveyone

Except minorities.

This is a common type of comedy now in England.
They will be super insulting to every group of people except black people and muslims.

thanks for the input Qarlo, I'll pass it along immediately via cat

my

uncle

who

works

at

the

U

K's

reddit

branch

can

confirm

this

I am presuming hes a lefty. Simply because all these Hollywood types are.

You are welcome to do that if you want.

U Wat?
You "suffered"? But why? Are you pedo? SJW? Thin-skinned? All of the sbove?
Go to your safe space. You do not belong here.

What dont you understand?

This guy triggered our safe space and now we are literally shaking.
The company HAS to fire him or else they are pedos too.

my uncle who works for Nintendo's offices in Hollywood can confirm this

Heh good

no surprise

blatant lie, hollywood is full of pedo kikes

It's already been proven, queers

Yep, as inteligent as a housefly

Let's all keep pretending homosexuality isn't a mental illness with a propensity towards pedophilia.

Yeah you were taunted if you didn't fuck them too.

Shut the fuck up pedophile.

lemme guess, you bring all the tub girls to the yard.

By "making the enemy live up to their own rules", you've legitimized the very thing you decried against. You've struck a blow against freedom of expression in the name of petty vengeance.

You can no longer claim that people getting fired over an internet post is unfair. All those gamergators that got canned thanks to sjws can't complain because you've normalized the sjws actions. It doesn't matter anymore that the sjws did it first. You doing it too makes it A-OK.

Don't even try to ever make a joke.

I think a hundred posts of him going "I want to fuck a child", might lead one to think he's a pedophile. Fuck you and your false equivalency.

every time

No I'm saying you're shitty at telling jokes.

Yeah its different.

Sjws legitimized this course of action about 2012, it took a bit for people to realize 2 can play dirty. And sjws are upset that their adversaries use their tactics better than they can.

If you haven't noticed, it's been A-OK for years. I can't even say I like Trump at my job without getting disciplinary action. GG served to make this come to the forefront, but it hasn't gotten better because we fight with honor against dishonorable people. You need to fight fire with fire.

Attached: 20180721_103804.jpg (250x149, 21.65K)

I was actually looking forward to volume 3. Hollywood trying to act all righteous is, frankly, pathetic.

Hollywood did it to itself. Leftists are eating their own because other Leftists actually follow their own retarded rules.

Most of us are nobody. Nobodies don't legitimize jack shit. They don't have "power + privilege."
We don't really have that anyway, so "striking a blow" is an empty phrase.
I can claim whatever the fuck I want. Just watch me. You may not like it, but tough shit.

spotted the guy who was molested as a child

That was my initial reaction, as well. Unfortuneately, there's more than just autistic humor involved in some of the posts. I'm genuinely pissed about this. I loved his Guardians movies and whenever I find out I gave pedo fucks like him my movie shekels, I get enraged.

The fuck

LMFAO@LIKING THE GUARDIANS FILMS

so, you're 11?

Because its smart to establish this as normal right? Anyone mis speaks or says an off colored joke and their whole career is over. Are you a fucking idiot? People like you are ruining society

Whats with all the russian shills in here trying to convince us we should employ sjw tactics? Its like they want sjw tactics normalized in order to weaken the only group not weakened by sjw shit. Once we start banning and blocking and smearing
Our society will fall. There is a balance between stupid and smart. Maintain it. Fuck the russian gov trying to fuck with us. Just remember, russian civilians are bullied by their owners just like us so try convincing them to defect when you meey one, dont cuss him out or attack

no, let's establish making dozens of "jokes" about child fucking normal instead.
we wouldn't want a ruined society, would we?

Fuck off russian shill

orly?
found the pedo

You know its true yet here you are lol

lots of active boards here, so tell me where all this loli and cp is that you claim the site is "build around?"

Lol pedo pretending he isnt

You already know. Now go jack off to anime kids

you'll never be accepted by society no matter how hard to you shill for it, pedo scum

Wow, you're so cool older teen.

Can I emulate you?

Attached: the_fonz_likes_this_by_thello77-d5yaiqw.jpg (251x350, 81.92K)

No. The alt-right had no hand in this at all.
The alt-right tried/are trying to protect him.

Those aren't SJW tweets you kike.

I like how since I called you a pedo you need to pretend its me
Lmao

Butthurt

Hollywood being full of pedos has been known to the public for well over a decade.
It is explicitly NOT a (((conspiracy))) theory you fucking kike.

Why do you keep responding to bait user? Please stop it.

Right, thats what I just said you were doing.

pastebin.com/bhX0GfLh
There's literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile. The thing that makes Hollywood shit is not that it's rife with pedophilia, but that it's rife with child abuse, deceit, and manipulation.

Go ahead and look into the people who originally got this conflation of terminology started off. Look into those who continually reinforce it. THOSE are the ones who have been pulling the wool over your eyes.

Shitposting these days is like playing poker with kids, it just doesnt work.
See:

And what led up to it. This is what killed this site.

why do you care so much what another user does?
are you invested?

your damage control isn't something you should call attention to

Its like you would get sick if you held it in
Lol

wow ur winning lol

Faggot both of you are retarded and somehow have become a joined star feeding off of each others retardation.

epic responses i lol'd hard

Another factor that went in to ruining this site

ikr

ok

Im gonna keep you here all day lol

I had to explicitly tell you you were being actively baited for you to stop replying

i win

Wow, cool older teen, can I buttfuck you?

Attached: 5b44af0515d9e.jpg (1140x1520, 337.08K)

generic reply

Attached: legend laugh.webm (640x360, 1.47M)

I like something you don't like so that makes me a child. That's an interesting point of view. Tell you what: why don't you tell me about something you enjoy? I think you'll find that I react far more maturely than you did.

Right because humor is objective, because that post was mine, and because what your initial post expressed was that, and not that you were offended, and expected that to carry any weight anywhere, especially here.

this is an 18+ board, come back when you're bigger, squeaker

But Hollywood is known to be full of pedos, you absolute degenerate.