The New York Times Admits Genetic Equality is a Lie

The New York Times published an important article a few days ago, admitting that genetic equality was a lie.

Over 99 percent of our DNA is identical in all humans, but researchers focused on the remaining 1 percent and found thousands of DNA variants that are correlated with educational attainment. This information can be combined into a single number, called a polygenic score. In Americans with European ancestry, just over 10 percent of people with a low polygenic score completed college, compared with 55 percent of people with a high polygenic score. This genetic disparity in college completion is as big as the disparity between rich and poor students in America.

Of course, the NYT tries to put a “progressive” spin on this fact.

How can the power of the genomic revolution be harnessed to create a more equal society?

Discovering specific DNA variants that are correlated with education can help us in two ways.

First, these genetic results reveal the injustice of our so-called meritocracy. As a nation, we justify stark inequalities with the idea that people who stayed in school deserve more than people who didn’t finish high school or college — more money, more security, more health, more life.

But success in our educational system is partially a result of genetic luck. No one earned his or her DNA sequence, yet some of us are benefiting enormously from it. By showing us the links between genes and educational success, this new study reminds us that everyone should share in our national prosperity, regardless of which genetic variants he or she happens to inherit.

Although the author doesn’t make it explicit, this amounts to a genetic argument for Communism. It says hard-working people don’t deserve the prosperity their hard work brings them; they just lucked out with their “hard working” genes. This justifies taking their wealth and redistributing it to those cursed with “lazy genes” or “hard work disinclination genes”.

dailystormer.name/the-new-york-times-admits-genetic-equality-is-a-lie/

Attached: nasalbonecharacteristicstypical-1-618x263.jpg (618x263, 23.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techtimes.com/articles/232622/20180724/genetic-study-involving-1-1-million-participants-finds-genes-play-role-in-educational-attainment.htm
independent.co.uk/news/science/academic-genes-dna-education-success-intelligence-tests-humans-a8460071.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't you have a pride event to attend?

The NYT journofags are finding an excuse not to wake up

Humans possess a DNA sequence long before they are self-aware or even born. This DNA sequence has an extremely strong influence on the personality, mental powers, and even political proclivities of the person associated with them.

So yes, a person does deserve their genome because a person is, at least to the extent shown in these studies, that genome.

Attached: smart.jpg (1400x1172, 724.64K)

I wonder why there is such a focus on whether or not someone 'deserves' something? When it comes to genetics, those are either gifts or curses (depending on how one uses them). But that can also be said for life in general. We need to look at these things in a positive light and make the most of it. Not focus on the idea that we are 'entitled to' or 'deserve' something we had no choice in getting.

The researchers said that individual gene variants have little predictive value but the combination of the 1,271 associated gene variants, which include those with a role in neurotransmitter secretion and neuron to neuron communications, can explain variations in educational attainment and cognitive performance.

"For the SNPs taken together, we found evidence of heterogeneous effects across environments." the researchers wrote in their study. "A joint (multi-phenotype) analysis of educational attainment and three related cognitive phenotypes generates polygenic scores that explain 11-13% of the variance in educational attainment and 7-10% of the variance in cognitive performance."
Polygenic Scores

Those with the lowest genetic scores only have a 10 percent chance of having graduated from college. Those with the highest genetic score, on the other hand, have a 50 percent chance of attaining a college education.

"Individuals with high polygenic scores have, on average, higher levels of education than those with lower polygenic scores," the researchers said. "We found that in a U.S. sample of young adults (the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent to Adult Health), 12% of those with the lowest 20% of polygenic scores graduated from college, compared with 57% of those with the highest 20% of polygenic scores."

A 2016 study also found evidence suggesting that educational level is determined by genes. Wedow nonetheless said that the polygenic score is not deterministic of academic success. Having a low score does not absolutely mean that a person will not achieve a high level of education. He cited that family situation, ambition, socioeconomic status, and other factors play bigger roles than genes.

The researchers said that the findings of the study may be useful for social and medical scientists who can use these to explore the effects of genetic variants on environmental conditions. They said that these could also provide a clearer picture of how genetics and the environment influence educational attainment.

techtimes.com/articles/232622/20180724/genetic-study-involving-1-1-million-participants-finds-genes-play-role-in-educational-attainment.htm

The study, published in the journal Nature Genetics, says that “when combined, the 1,271 variants found explain about 4 per cent of the variation in educational attainment”.

But when scientists included a wider set of variants, they created a "polygenic score" across a person's entire genome and found that it could explain 11-13 per cent of variation in years of completed schooling.

Co-author Robbee Wedow said this score is as significant as demographic factors, such as household income or maternal education in predicting educational outcomes.

But he said: "Having a low polygenic score absolutely does not mean that someone won't achieve a high level of education." He said ambition, family situation, socio-economic status and other factors play a bigger role than genes. "As with many other outcomes, it is a complex interplay between environment and genetics that matters."

independent.co.uk/news/science/academic-genes-dna-education-success-intelligence-tests-humans-a8460071.html

All the sources other than the NYTs, and the OP goes to the Daily Stormer and it's Jewish self hating attention seeking troll owner

You are too stupid for Zig Forums

Try Zig Forums

You could try to be less of a faggot fam.

I am going to post Daily Stormer articles and there is nothing you can do about it.

FAM!!!!

I aint yor fam you fucking worthless bigoted peece a shite

You could be honest with me, instead of pretending to be an offended normalfag. We are all anons here and you don't have to put up a ruse to try and get a reaction out of people.

The NYT is still ignoring genetic differences and not being honest about the scientific results.

Also
All the more reason to have good Saturday morning discussion, rather than bitching about someone you don't even know.

I don't think so, because you can't change someone's DNA once they have been created.
But I think they are trying to make an argument for either giving more welfare to minorities that less successful (which is something that already happens) or they want to encourage more racial intermixing as that might lead to a more equal polygenic score and thus more equal results when it comes to educational success.

Don't you have some nog to nig famadamadingdong?

honestly ? I've known several black people who were much more intelligent than any of you guys, so go figure.

Because it's the only way progressives can even begin to acknowledge the fact that people are different. If they were to accept that, genetically speaking, we all start with different potentials then their equality narrative/myth would fall apart even in their own minds. As such saying 'successful people do not deserve their success because [buzzwords]' is the closest they can come to acknowledging reality. Acknowledging genetic differences also brings them perilously close to MUH RAYSESM as they are forced to acknowledge that different racial groups are more or less likely to possess certain genetic traits.

Their entire philosophy revolves around telling people "YOU DON'T DESERVE THAT SO I WILL TAKE IT FROM YOU!" and believing that this makes them righteous. This is just one of the mental backflips they have to pull if they want to maintain ideological purity and continue to feel that they're the good guys - the fact that it's the worst possibly way to address the issue and costs humanity (including the people who don't hold the most desirable traits) a great deal is irrelevant to them, because this makes them feel good, so therefore it must be correct.

Why am I not entitled to what my ancestors fought and struggled to attain? My family earned my DNA sequence. I am a member of my family. I earned my DNA sequence by birthright.

Imagine still believing that race is only skin deep. What was flunking out of highschool like?

not physically possible

fuck off we're full