Washington company sends black NAACP customer temporary password "nigga" for her online account

A local utility company in Washington says that it accidentally sent an African-American customer a racial slur as the temporary password for her online account.

“I clicked 'forgot password' and got a temporary password from PSE and it was capital Nigga and I was quite shocked,” Erica Conway told KIRO 7 on Wednesday, referencing her reaction to an email from Puget Sound Energy (PSE) after she requested a new password for her account.

Conway, who is a longtime volunteer of the Seattle chapter of the NAACP, said that she believes the slur was intentional. She also says that she complained to a customer service agent named Lydia at PSE's Bothell call center, but that the representative did not take her seriously.

“I had said 'Do you guys screen out certain words?' and Lydia was, like, 'Yes, we do.' And I said, 'Well you guys didn't screen out this word' And she said, 'Why would we?' and I said, “What do you mean why would we? This is an offensive word.' And she stated to me, 'No one uses that word anymore.' And I was like, where are you living, what planet are you living on?"

PSE spokeswoman Janet Kim told KIRO 7 that the password was offensive and that it is sorry "to this customer" and "the community, for what has happened."

But PSE insisted that it was computer-generated mistake.

“These passwords are generated automatically so they go straight from the system straight to the customers," Kim said to KIRO 7. "So, it's not able to be accessed by an employee.”

Conway told KIRO 7 that she and Seattle's NAACP want to have a meeting with the company to discuss the incident.

PSE said that it has taken steps to ensure temporary passwords are a scrambled mix of letters and numbers. It also said it would get rid of temporary passwords all together by September.

thehill.com/homenews/400068-local-utility-company-says-it-accidentally-sent-n-word-as-password-to-black-woman

Attached: nigga.png (640x360, 346.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/pidgin/tori-45048864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So sorry masuh, don't wup us wit dat blm pratestas

Attached: images.jpeg (300x168, 11.42K)

bbc.com/pidgin/tori-45048864

The machines have become sapient.

Sounds about right, N1GG4

Bitch is likely offended every moment of her life. Who cares?

Being able to recognize context is one of the basic foundations of sapience, yes. Which is something your kind are unable to do.

cool what's the context then?

gg, proving his point.

fnord

How much you wanna bet the guy who did it was a nigger?

How much do you want to provide proofs?

I swear that has something to do with google captcha and how we back in the day on 4chan always typed nigga as the second word. That worked for years and this must be the kind of user generated data they're selling behind our backs.

South Park covered this. Kids have been so successfully indoctrinated into color-blindness, that they can't understand why the old people are wondering around picking fights over something as innocuous as mere words.

Attached: southparkeverythingisshit.png (1343x716, 570.41K)

How much do you want to stay butthurt?

The word 'nigga' is not offensive to stupid worthless monkeylipped niggers.

Attached: PicsArt_08-03-05.05.49.png (541x454, 61.54K)

i think its more offensive that you're sent a 5 character password that's all lower case letters

it was one of the earliest episodes

Attached: flag.jpg (1280x720, 44.82K)

I fucking HATE south park