Keeping Up With The Kardashians makes viewers cold-hearted towards poor,study shows

Television shows which glamourise fame, luxury, and wealth accumulation such as Made in Chelsea or Keeping Up With The Kardashians, make viewers cold-hearted towards the poor, a new study suggests.

New research from the London School of Economics (LSE) found that even 60 seconds of exposure to materialistic media is enough to significantly increase anti-welfare sentiment.

Study author Dr Rodolfo Leyva of LSE’s Department of Media and Communications said: “Humans are inherently materialistic but also very social and communal.

“The way this is expressed depends on our culture. If there is more emphasis on materialism as a way to be happy, this makes us more inclined to be selfish and anti-social, and therefore unsympathetic to people less fortunate.

“This study can contribute to explanations for why the UK public’s support for welfare to aid the impoverished and unemployed has been decreasing.”

A control group was exposed to neutral images such as adverts about the London underground, natural scenery and newspaper headlines about dinosaurs.

Both groups were then asked questions that measured, their attitudes towards wealth and success, government benefits, and impoverished people.

Results showed that even a small amount of exposure to materialistic media had a negative impact on both anti-welfare attitudes and support for anti-welfare policies

Participants were also asked about viewing of nine TV shows, such as The Apprentice, X-Factor, Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Made in Chelsea, as well as their reading habits concerning five daily tabloid newspapers which regularly feature stories on wealthy celebrities, and ten magazines, such as Vogue, Cosmopolitan, GQ and Esquire that advertise luxury products.

Results showed those who also regularly watched shows such as The Apprentice and X-Factor, are much more likely to hold “stronger materialistic and anti-welfare attitudes than lighter consumers of these shows.”

Dr Leyva added: “Results suggest that momentary exposure to and regular consumption of materialistic media messages (MMMs) induces stronger materialism and anti-welfare attitudes.

telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/08/01/keeping-kardashians-may-make-viewers-cold-hearted-towards-poor/

Attached: TELEMMGLPICT000117463513_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqufPWexoDNO0wvV3FQMbBIEljCEHhppWeqFAzBrNtD18.jpeg (1920x1200, 338.44K)

I like posting on Zig Forums when the Kardashians aren't on the telly

They need a study for that? Here's one you can waste your next funding on…does uncapped capitalism really makes us all self destructive demons without a shred of decency?

Shut the fuck up /leftyvirgin/

Look, I don't have a lot of wealth. I live a pretty modest life with food in my fridge and rent paid on time. I work a job for a little more than minimum wage and do my best to save. I am not materialistic. I don't need the Kardashians to make me anti-welfare.

Fuck the lazy, fuck the disabled, fuck the elderly. If they want money find work or add value to the community, keep your fucking hands out of my wallet. I'm doing everything right at this point and the taxes in this region are still leaving me with a retirement plan that basically consists of a bullet - because I refuse to become on of the worthless subhuman pieces of shit that they are in my old age. If you are a net burden on society then society should have every right to ignore you until you fucking die. Stop robbing the individual for the collective.

Retards who watch this shit are self centered idiots to begin with

If the only value that a person has is measured by their usefulness to the collective (i.e. society) then why shouldn’t we take from the individual?

It makes no sense for you simultaneously advocate that people die for not providing adequate value to the collective (in other words, the individual has no value except to serve the collective) but then become outraged when the collective requires you to actually contribute.

Welfare queens and destitute poor people are not the reason why you don’t have money, by the way. It’s just a scapegoat to distract you from the real social and economic factors that have been depressing your wages and making it harder for people like you to compete in the global economy. Sure you might not have any money or retirement or future, but at least you can still point the finger at people who are even worse off than you!

cancer. contract it.

Aaaand here we have the average working poor that directs his hate and slobbering rage against other poor, powerless people, while those who made him a working poor in the first place are laughing at him and are eating another slice of the cake called "subsidies", "trickle down economy", "supply-side economy" and "free market".

If you caresd the hand that's strangling you, you deserve to be strangled, dummy.

HAHAHA

Let's hear from you in 40 yrs , you whining bitch

Reminder: All the Kardashian "women" are MtF trannies.

I'm on welfare but I sell weed on the side and make pretty good money, I don't even have to look for job since I convinced the job people that I'm a retard.
people who work full time or not at all are truly the worst

Just out of curiosity, how much do you pull down?

My dad's pants the he ejaculate into my face

That show is for degenerates. All the Kardashian women are fake, stupid and fuck niggers. Fuck these white race killing race mixing bitches.

>you goys should care about the poor negroids

.. and yet it makes you to dislike welfare moochers, strange how the world works

Watching the craptashians turns you into a clinical retard. More news at eleven.

No shit. Materialistic people are drawn to shows about materialists, wealth, and success. Is this supposed to be groundbreaking research?

>Dr Leyva added: “Results suggest that momentary exposure to and regular consumption of materialistic media messages (MMMs) induces stronger materialism and anti-welfare attitudes.
And here we see why social psychologists are the biggest retards in academia. She ascribes a causation to a correlation, based on a shitty survey study - and she implies it in the wrong direction. All social psychology is garbage. Sage for pseudoscience and retarded female psychologists.

That's what I was thinking. People watching this stuff probably aren't the most wealthy themselves.

Attached: 7e0b4f7b9ea5f087c1a354fdf5fd2d950229ead28f9abf54743c6ee2640c94a4.png (500x375, 274.84K)

no it means you're already a retard and it makes it worse. like taking acid while you're a schizo

This

Well put sir.

Sorry to hear. Hang in there m8.

This kind of research is a bunch baloney. Needless to say, it's no use to anybody. Isn't it public money funding this research?

Wow I guess Marxism has been a staple of every Western society for thousands of years

that's how shit his ideas have always been.

Attached: b5924fdb8a6144c0a799666b8015f241--mgtow-be-grateful.jpg (540x540, 66.42K)

i've never watched one episode of this show but ive seen "the simple life" with paris and nicole and the show theyre all based on - lifestyles of the rich and famous. i find them massively depressing. people with money seem to have NOTHING to say. its like theyre not even human