Earth at risk of becoming uninhabitable 'hothouse' if tipping point reached

Scientists are warning that a domino effect will kick in if global temperatures rise more than 2°C above pre-industrial levels, leading to "hothouse" conditions and higher sea levels, making the Earth uninhabitable.

The report, "Trajectories of the Earth System in the Anthropocene," published Monday in the American Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, said "hothouse" temperatures could stabilize 10°C to 15°C (18 to 27 Fahrenheit) higher than pre-industrial levels.

"Human emissions of greenhouse gas are not the sole determinant of temperature on Earth. Our study suggests that human-induced global warming of 2°C may trigger other Earth system processes, often called 'feedbacks,' that can drive further warming – even if we stop emitting greenhouse gases," lead author Will Steffen of the

"These tipping elements can potentially act like a row of dominoes," said Johan Rockstrom, co-director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and another of co-author of the report.
"Once one is pushed over, it pushes Earth towards another. It may be very difficult or impossible to stop the whole row of dominoes from tumbling over. Places on Earth like the southern US will become uninhabitable if 'Hothouse Earth' becomes the reality."

cnn.com/2018/08/07/health/hothouse-earth-warming-intl/index.html

Attached: Capture.JPG (575x434, 42.46K)

Psh. Scientists go "potentially", hysterianews goes "will happen". Scientists go "areas may become uninhabitable", hysteria news goes "earth will become uninhabitable". And then they cry when we call them lügenpresse.

OHHHHH yeah, even while all this racial noise and Trump crap was going on, all the usual doomsday shit was going on as it has been since the 80s and we're still all going to die! I nearly forgot.

Attached: were gonna get what we deserve.mp4 (640x360, 6.83M)

There's at least all the ice melting in about 20 years, which will cause a blue ocean event. That's 100% going to happen.

The ocean has always been blue. What the fuck are you talking about?

So, is it the real deal this time, guize?

Attached: robotnik climate change.jpg (654x728, 124.79K)

it's so real you had to post this bullshit story 6 fucking times out of insecurity like a little bitch.

lol this, OP has Al Gore's greencock buried deep in it's shithole.

Check out what's going on in Aussie land, denier faggots

when will these mentality ill liberals let this meme die?

Attached: 1008_braixen__by_chaoraj-d9ebanw.png (1000x1200, 393.54K)

Why do libs tease me like this? I know they're bullshitting, but I wish a nigger would.

just get rid of india and china,

dinosaurs r us

And this is a bad thing because…..

That was supposed to happen 20 years ago. It's all fear mongering to get funding for their pet projects.

Can't wait for this colder winter than last year where the cult of climate change claims the greenhouse gases are the reason for the colder winter.

You mean something cataclysmic will happen in my lifetime? I'll believe it when I see it.

my only problem with these models is that CO2 has been quite higher in the past, as oxygen is basically waste from veggies.

Did life evolve in an inhospitable CO2 laden young earth? Or is something else affecting the planet now? In my lifetime the temperature cannot have risen more than say 2 deg celsius. The lightning activity shot up like 5000% and I am being optimistic. Now, can the kinetic energy due to the temperature increase explain the difference? this seems like an easy physics problem.

CO2 IS VITAL PART OF EVERY LIVING ORGANISM

THE SKY IS FALLING

Attached: chicken-little.jpg (1920x1080, 183.85K)

sage

Attached: received_301774773904758.jpeg (740x740, 40.59K)

SOLAR SHADES!

FFS!

yeah, nowhere near that. Since 1880 the average temperature has risen by less than a degree (source: ipcc, page 3 of the 2013 summary report)

climate change really is fucking nothing. The climate has barely changed and people that pretend to know why or if the trend will continue are full of shit

Attached: 4644.jpg (248x252, 69.59K)

Please stop fucking shilling fearmongering "news", especially from (((MSM))).

Fuck the UN and the EU. We need this gas to get rid of the jews.

Attached: comfy.gif (758x696, 101.86K)

You know what the solution to all this is? More taxes. Paying more taxes will fix all this because I say so.