Is it bad praying down like a Muslim? Idk i just feel like im more respecting and feel mofe comfortable to me...

Is it bad praying down like a Muslim? Idk i just feel like im more respecting and feel mofe comfortable to me. I know Abraham prayed down on ground right?

Attached: n00021501-b.jpg (450x338, 14.62K)

why would you do that

Not at all. Prostration is not uncommon in Orthodoxy.

And Catholicism

I do it just by instinct sometimes, don't do it because of a brutal warlord of peace told me to. And I do it in reverence of God. If you're not doing it because muhammed said I don't think its an issue.

The Catholic and Orthodox posters are correct, prostration is a common practice in the Church. In fact, prostrating yourself before the Blessed Sacrament is encouraged by orthodox Catholic priests. Reverencing Christ and adoring Him and humbling yourself before Him, our King, is most certainly a pious practice of tradition. You have to remember with false religions that they are not so much mimcked by Christianity (and I am only referring to actual Christianity as protestantism does not contain the full deposit of the Faith) but they mimick Christianity. A lot of us, because we're fallen humans, tend to look at things in the opposite light: Christ is not just one of the many characters of mythology and has things in common with them, rather, they all represent (to greater or lesser degrees) a certain archetype of Christ - the hero, the conquerer, the wise sage, the beautiful captivator, the just judge, the traveling world-weary man seeking home, the awe-inspiring orator, etc. Mohammed copied Sacred Scripture and twisted and perverted it to suit his blasphemous purposes. Christians practiced prostration in prayer for 700 years before the Mohammadens came along.

Enjoy

Attached: orthodox-prostration.jpg (448x336 9.07 KB, 30.04K)

Depends on intent. If you're pointing at Mecca, I have grave concerns. If you're prostrating before God, keep at it.

Praying LIKE a Muslim isn't the same as Muslim prayer. If you feel the need to prostrate before the Lord, there's no harm in it.

Prostration is 100% Biblical and Christian. There's numerous references to prostrations in the Old and New Testaments, if anything the Muslims are praying like us.

It's absolutely fine as long as you're praying to the Holy Trinity.

A (important?) Catholic writer said we should take inspiration from the piety and fervor of muslims. But regardless, any posture of awe or supplication should be appropriate.

Good point.

I'm pretty sure they took it from eastern christians, of all rites.

No its not bad muslims ripped it off christians. pic related is coptic monk demonstrating how to do it. also some scripture:

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. - Matthew 26:39

Attached: Untitled.png (983x686, 1.04M)

very true, islam is a christian heresy, this must be remembered

That were Robert Cardinal Sarah as well as Cardinal Arinze. And they are entirely right.

Attached: meme.png (982x686, 1.03M)

I heard kneeling with the palms together is a pre-Christian Roman tradition. The Bible describes various forms of praying including sitting. I like the Syriac method of standing with palms up. I also feel that perhaps God would have little use for one to physically display oneself in an excessively humble manner. Modest but respectful is good enough.

If it helps you, OP, what does it matter?
Prayer is between you and God. It is a communication, a communion.
It should be intimate and personal and dependant on no one else's judgements
Least of all the devil's

Copt here, I do this every day. Prostrations are part of the agpeya. It's very common.

In fact, I don't know for certain and I've never looked into the historicity of this, but given Islam's track record (the Qur'an, the more you look at it just reveals itself to be a rewriting of scripture mixed with myths that were circulating at the time, old Christian heresies that took too long to die, even stories from the Talmud), I'd guess they took the five daily prayers from the Jews and Christians that were surrounding them at the time.

People pray on their knees in Mass so not its not wrong. The reason for doing so is to grow in humbleness. I don't know why you would think prostrating yourself before the almighty is somehow bad.

Attached: 1329600178701.jpg (287x251, 79.39K)

BCUZ MUSLIMZ DO EET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like fr. Lazarus though

Attached: 8019a5dadd6765a5ed8e74ec06b6db1b6147a08002f9e74d9dc489f2a49f7194.jpg (467x322, 27.14K)

"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

I'd love to be able to do that, unfortunately I don't have a fifth limb… :(

its actually good for your back, Muslims stole it from us anyways