FOX: Trump's tariffs on China lead to 126 jobs lost at TV plant

"President Donald Trump's tariffs against China are causing a South Carolina television maker to lay off nearly all of its employees because of the sudden increase in the price of components for its products.

Element TV Company will let 126 workers go, most of them on Oct. 5, leaving behind a skeleton crew of eight employees to watch the Fairfield County plant in hopes it can reopen in three to six months, the company said in a letter to state employment officials Monday.

"The layoff and closure is a result of the new tariffs that were recently and unexpectedly imposed on many goods imported from China, including the key television components used in our assembly operations in Winnsboro," the company wrote to the state Department of Employment and Workforce.

The Trump administration imposed a 25 percent import tax in July that included Chinese components for TVs and video equipment."

foxbusiness.com/markets/trumps-tariffs-on-china-lead-to-126-jobs-lost-at-tv-plant

Attached: download.jpg (318x159, 4.93K)

Thanks boomers. Thank you for NAFTA and all the fucking immigration allowances that my generation is now paying for. Because it isn't the tariffs which are the root problem. It's the issues I stated and many more that stem from them.

This, basically. Don't get me wrong, the tariffs are a shit too, but it's like how farmers should have automated decades ago instead of relying on cheap foreign spic labor, and then they get pissy instead of investing in that automation when the spics get deported.
The cancer cells need to kill themselves so that new cells can take their place!

Create a new factory in the US that makes components. We can have more jobs or more cheap shit, but not both.

I see nothing wrong here.

OH NO! THE BOOMERS WONT BE ABLE TO BUY CHEAP ELECTRIC JEWS EVERY 18 MONTHS!

/thread

Call me when one person is starving over this in the USA. The hundreds of thousands of Chinese that starve over this in China know what to do.

Attached: International Cat Day.png (450x600, 316.45K)

120 jobs lost at some TV processor because some Jew wanted wider profit margins. Meanwhile unemployment rates are at a record low overall. Why should we care?

Attached: 1411465797956.jpg (164x251, 13.55K)

Do you faggots even know what a boomer is? They were the generation that started shitting out kids after WW2. That means they are 80 years old. Or dead. Go do your homework, kid.

Ah yes, the boomers gave birth to themselves. At last I truly see.

Attached: 1516918900967.jpg (1024x640, 80.38K)

That is the Traditionalists or "greatest generation" friend. The boomers are the kids from them. Boomers were from 1946 to 1964 or so. Gen X is next til about 1980 or so. Than Gen Y or Millennials and then Gen Z who are not all grown yet.

Element's TVs are absolute dog shit to begin with. I use to install them in gyms and every one of their sets would die within 8 months on average.

Is this bait?

Its just an excuse to lay a bunch of people off. Trumps tarriffs are not even months old so if their entire business is crumbling after six months it was shit to begin with.

The "Greatest Generation" was the ones who shit out the boomers after WW2. The "boomers" are the degenerate hippies of the 60s, senior citizens in current year. The retard parents of Gen X. Yes, most of them are 60-70 now and hardly any of them drink Monster energy drinks.

Attached: 1960s-Hippies.jpg (480x330, 28.39K)

gys nigger
damn glad my grandparents are silent gen

Right, but at least all of the coal miners are back at work? Right?

Wahhh we cannot buy dirt cheap components manufactured by Chink slave laborers making $0.50 / day that no American worker can compete with to manufacture!

ALL COMPANIES BUYING FROM CHINA DESERVE TO BE GASSED IN A FUCKING OVEN!

They are, dare I say it, WORSE THAN FUCKING JEWS!

traitors stabbing American workers in the back with cheap chink knives.

Their children should be burned alive in front of them, and their spouses raped to death and eaten by dogs.

That is how much hatred I have for those who old our nation out to communist Chink slave labor.

Attached: article-2018148-0D227EF300000578-119_634x506.jpg (634x506, 35.74K)

Automated lettuce pickers and strawberry harvesters? Don't get out much on the farm, do ya, sonny?

There are about 30,000 coal miners in the US and around 3.5 million people employed in alternative energy jobs, a field that will expand for decades as demand increases and technology advances. Trump fooled ya again!

The tariffs aren't inherently a problem, the problem is that they were a sudden change to the system. If there was time given before the tariffs went into affect for people to see what would be affected then there would have been investments in local production. Instead a lot of people are floundering and giving up because they change this late into the game.

I thought the headline said China has lost 126 jobs?
More like 126,000. And that is only the beggining.

Thats not really a fair comparison.

Your just counting coal miners, against the entire renewable energy industry.
Theres 10.3 million people employed in the entire oil and gas industry.