ROMAN CATHOLIC BISHOP: ‘YOU HAVE TO BE POLITICALLY INCORRECT’

ROMAN CATHOLIC BISHOP: ‘YOU HAVE TO BE POLITICALLY INCORRECT’
The Roman Catholic Leader Urged Graduates Of Thomas Aquinas College To Stand Up For Biblical Principles In The Public Square.

trunews.com/stream/bishop-you-have-to-be-politically-incorrect

At the commencement ceremonies at Thomas Aquinas College in California earlier this month, the Bishop of Madison, Wis., the Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino told graduates they “have to be politically incorrect” in today’s world. Serving perhaps one of the most morally backslidden communities in the U.S., Morlino reminded the graduates that in today’s society, truth “offends people,” and that one of the most offensive things anyone can say today is that “men are men and women are women”: “Who would ever think that that’s controversial? If you’re a man, then be a man. If you’re a woman, then be a woman. That’s speaking truth. And that’s what our world does not want to hear. And so now we don’t know what marriage is and we’re not even sure what it means to be a male or a female. People are even trying to come up with proper names to give gender-neutral children.” Morlino told the graduates part of their mission in life will be to “make the voice of reason heard in our culture,” and to shine their light “on the darkness of our world.” That means, he added, they often “have to be politically incorrect.”

The bishop also touched on the subject of marriage, on natural law, democracy, and Western civilization. He also discussed human nature, invoking Isaiah 59:14, which states: “Justice is turned backward, and righteousness stands far off; for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.” (MEV) Morlino concluded with an admonition about courage, which he described as “a gift infused by God” that is acquired and perfected through practice, adding: “If you want to be courageous in speaking the truth, you have to practice doing it precisely in those situations where it is difficult. Don’t be like Peter during the Passion, sitting quietly with your head down hoping no one will notice you. You are called to be like Peter on the day of Pentecost, speaking the truth boldly without waiting to be asked. “You have been sacramentally equipped by your baptism and confirmation and intellectually equipped by your education to be witnesses to the truth of Jesus Christ. That means you must witness to the truth as Jesus Christ taught it. And that means at times you offend a lot of people. So it’s very hard to be a witness to Jesus Christ. It’s easier to just go with the flow. 'Go along to get along,' as they say. Well, we’ve had enough going along to get along. It takes courage to speak the truth of Christ, but do not be afraid!” Christ, the bishop reminded them, has overcome the world, and He is alone the only hope who never disappoints.

Attached: TRUNEWS.com.jpg (1920x1080, 256.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.li/zxdm8
archive.fo/vGODh
archive.is/NLSRT
twitter.com/Reuters/status/999729273589166080
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I await the day when daughter of whore will proclaim Catholic Church as a hate-group. Nothing purifies and strengths the Church as a good persecution

Nice, our Bishop. Speaking truth in times of madness.

this tbh. The Church has always flourished during and immedietly after persecution. I feel we've become very relaxed and think we'll be secure forever

Can't wait for based pope to btfo the progressive left after Francis

I'm not an expert on the Catholic church's inner workings but isn't that kind of unlikely? My understanding is that Francis has been stuffing the ranks of the cardinals with more and more leftists. It would be great to have Cardinal Sarah or someone like him as pope but isn't a little Francis jr more likely?

It's up to the Spirit to pick a Pope.
They can try all the political games they want, God decides if he want to let them pick a terrible Pope to teach us a lesson or he wants a good Pope to guide us.

whomstdve?

Like France, eh?

Unfortunately this is already happening for the Orthodox church. In small steps for now but i'm afraid they will take a harder approach in the future.
Articles of Orthodox and how backwards, reactionary, unprogressive etc they are are pretty common in the western media.

we preach the scandal of God in the cross.

Persecution. Not destroyed from within by traitors.

There will be those who are swayed by the drumbeat of secular progress and those who are the salt of the earth to the last. There will be both persecution for the faithful, and those who were subverted and seek to subvert from within.

The papacy I would think

Use your head. He means the SPLC or the ADF, or any of those organizations.

I thought it said Politically Correct and almost got mad.

Which media are you talking about? I never see anyone even talking about Orthodoxy here (Murrica).

This one I think.

Attached: tfw when Orthodox.png (500x357, 178.52K)

From this thread
archive.li/zxdm8
archive.fo/vGODh

By the fruits, they shall know us and vice versa indeed.

This one too. I've stumble across more but i'm not keeping an archive.
For now they are just making the narrative
archive.is/NLSRT

Attached: 0e9.jpg (597x669 69.83 KB, 64.01K)

twitter.com/Reuters/status/999729273589166080

I want these guys in charge of the Western Church.
T. Orthodox

I received confirmation by Brandmuller, feels good

We too.
t. everybody non-modernist catholic
We all hope for Sarah to become pope, because a black man can't be criticized by lefties

I don't think you understand what modernism is.

I think I do.

the spirit doesn't pick the Pope, the cardinals do. The spirit provides guidance, but a cardinal can ignore it if he choses to out of corruption

Throwing your hands up in the air and saying "God permitted it" is weak and implicitly condones the degeneration of the Church.

Indeed why not be politically correct? We can afford it and a guarantee that Christians can do it without the hypocrisy we've come to see on the left.

I'd bet we'd even be better at being atheists than atheists.

Attached: Paul the Apostle.jpg (800x1770, 410.28K)

I like Bishop Morlino, he is great. He forced all parishes to install kneelers so everyone would have the option of receiving the host kneeling

I don't because I'm not a cuckservative desperate to appeal to leftists, nor do I subscribe to their view that "racism" is wrong. I want the most effective orthodox Pope there could be, and there are possibilities beyond cdl. Sarah to consider. People like you would end up with some voodoo doctor syncretist preaching ooga booga from the pulpit because his tribe hates homosexuals, and he's a BASED BLACK MAN.

Tbh if you're a catholic and have a faith, you shouldn't be worried that things will go wrong. The holy spirit will pick the best pope for us and sort it out. I mean, if you have no faith, you shouldn't believe in papacy in the first place.

Speak for yourself. I do not. We don't need to suck up to liberals and cucks by having based black men in charge.
We need as traditionalist pope as we can get. Someone to stand up to the decay.

u serious?