Monsanto to pay gardener $250m for causing cancer,bye.bye roundup

It was a landmark verdict in the case against Monsanto on Friday. A jury awarded a former Benicia School District groundskeeper with terminal cancer $289.2 million dollars.

Dewayne Lee Johnson's attorneys says that $289 million verdict means he will be able to afford some cutting edge treatments.

This is a day they did not expect him to survive to see.

The jury deliberated for two and a half days after eight weeks of trial proceedings.

You could see Mr. Johnson overcome with emotion as the verdict was read, the jury finding that weed killers manufactured by Monsanto, Roundup and Ranger Pro, were substantial factors in causing harm to him.

RELATED: Judge hears case about Roundup ingredient alleged to cause cancer

Johnson worked for the Benicia School District in 2012 as the integrative pest manager. A large part of his job was to spray these products in bulk 30 times a year.

Two and a half years into the job, he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

This is the first of thousands of cases like it against Monsanto. "I think it's exactly like the tobacco trials. Monsanto, for 40 years, has been taking the playbook from the tobacco industry, ghostwriting science, buying science, using all the different PR strategies and the legal strategies to confuse the science to blur the science and I'm so glad that this jury held them accountable," said Johnson's attorney, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Monsanto VP Scott Partridge said, "No, it's not a fair analysis at all. We all know tobacco causes cancer, glyphosate does not cause cancer. It's been perfectly safe and that's been demonstrated for more than four decades. I don't know how they got it wrong but they did, they got it wrong."

abc7news.com/society/verdict-reached-in-lawsuit-against-monsanto/3925454/

Attached: mosanto rules.jpg (1280x720, 318.41K)

omg just spray glyphosate on monsanto execs and family

I forgot, spray also the owners, twice for good measure.

And just like that all those genetically modified soybean and corn varieties become worthless.

bye bye Roundup, my ass

$250 mil is a drop in the bucket for BAYER®, the new owners of Roundup.

If you're dumb enough to think this tiny settlement will make a difference to them, you've got another thing coming.

Attached: PicsArt_08-11-10.50.20.jpg (1280x720, 168.63K)

It's really not surprising you'd select a Judas Priest video, since the lead singer was a FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL

God DAMN, Jim is so effeminate

"We all know tobacco causes cancer, glyphosate does not cause cancer."

Actually, tobacco by itself does NOT cause cancer. what causes cancer is smoking the tobacco.

However, Monsanto's AGENT ORANGE™, which is only one molecule away from it's other big selling glyphosate ROUNDUP™ indeed DOES cause cancer, which is evidenced by the hundreds of thousands of Vietnam Vets who got lung cancer from being exposed to it.

I see what you did there.

lol

disclaimer:

I feel kinda bad
because I focused
on the gayness of
judas priest, without
clicking on it to see
the reason you chose it

my bad

Attached: Jimmy Pigtron.jpg (1280x720, 183.07K)

All human lives and well being are important.
Niggers are not people/human.

I knew Johnny was working for Jim.
Now we find out they are one and the same?
Wew lads!

Shhh. Don't tell Philip, James or Diana.
We don't want them knowing how badly they are being trolled now, do we?
They might use their gasoline bonuses to burn this place to the ground!

Attached: PicsArt_08-11-12.09.48.jpg (1280x720, 163.36K)

Guaranteed ban.

Attached: PicsArt_08-11-12.20.50.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

Check filename b4 banning pleeze.

Attached: Ban Me 2 Pleeze.jpg (1280x720, 164.93K)

Whoa, monsanto shills flooding this thread.

Attached: PicsArt_08-11-12.31.58.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

Yeah, because that's how they spend their money – by shilling sites on the internet that only have 8 users total.

Attached: 8 Users TOTAL.jpg (1280x720, 164.74K)

Those crafty Monsanto Damage Control Geniuses!