What's the best way to currently serve the Catholic church? Meme answers from other denominations not welcome...

What's the best way to currently serve the Catholic church? Meme answers from other denominations not welcome, legit answers are.

There seems like there's 3 options for young men

1. Family, and having lots of Christian children
2. Priesthood
3. Joining an order

All have benefits, and the priesthood is in steep decline. Which is honestly the best option? Also if joining an order is, which order?

Attached: images.jpg (357x412, 25.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicdoor.com/9-most-well-known-catholic-religious-orders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd say option A would be the best, in the current circumstances.
t.ortho

Attached: 73e2ce634abf07e552dbf1f79342e3f0_400x400.jpeg (400x400, 25.4K)

The best option of the three is that which God calls you for.
If you're coming from the "muh benefits" fraction of people, then I'd suggest praying a Rosary right now - because this is not about benefits for you and me but for the glory of God.
Ok so for starters: Contrary to what many think (and not even speaking of the homos from MGTOW), marriage is not only a bond between you, your wife and God, it is also an institution that requires A LOT of discipline and deep faith. It requires a man to be a man and guide his family, not to break with the smallest problems. The current "divorce situation" doesn't change this very fact - in fact, it reinforces this. Be a patriarch as God intended.
Joining the priesthood or an order are supernatural vocations, both require lives in celibacy (also as layman, people always forget this) and absolute discipline. Both are lives in constant prayer but obviously different from another.
If you become a priest, you become a shepherd. You will have to pray and care not only for yourself but for your parish, these days the organizational/logistic tasks are very much pronounced stemming from the lack of priests as you mentioned. But of course you also have the honor to celebrate the Mass (who wouldn't want that ;D) and care for the soul-wise well being of your flock.
Being in an order is different from being a priest - and different from order to order. Being a Jesuit means to travel, teach and evangelize, to build schools, run universities, pre-schools, you name it. It is also the biggest order of all. Contrary to that for example are Carthusians - they live their lives entirely in silence and contemplation (similar to the Trappists, but Carthusians are more radical in that) and you must not break with that or you're getting in some serious trouble. And so on and so forth, explaining every single order would blast the frame here (but you can look for example here to start with, although it's a but meme'y catholicdoor.com/9-most-well-known-catholic-religious-orders/ ).

What's the best to do ? I can't tell you what's the best for you and you need to listen to the Holy Spirit talking to you to understand the vocation that God has for you. All 3 are equally important, well .. one could obviously argue that being a priest is THE most important part in Church and I wouldn't disagree - but it's a whole different "dimension" so to speak.

One thing to consider, however, is this: When you discern and happen to think you found a vocation and follow it, then follow it through. Thomas de Kempis says in De Imitatione Christi that even if you happen to choose the wrong vocation, because you misunderstood or were blinded by ego or whatever, just go through with in until the end, because when you do everything you do to glorify God, the joy will come by itself.
(also you can't easily to either of the 3 things, there are always year-long discernment and learning processes involved so dw)

this is what I'm thinking, the Church is aging and needs more young people. At the same time the Church needs priests, and I can't choose both a large family and priesthood tfw no orthodox married priesthood

thanks for the info brother. The main thing is though, that I think I could feel fullfilled and enjoy life both under celibacy and married. I feel like both leading a large family, and being a priest or religious brother would bring me joy. So really I wonder what the best thing for the Church is right now, as I would feel a lot better serving in the best way I can.

The only thing standing in my way of priesthood is having a degree, as I did university once and struggled with study. So I am considering joining an order, eventually being ordained and just assisting in a parish.

either way thank you for advice

I'd like to suggest a thing more, now that I read your response: Talk to your priest - or maybe better: to a vocations director. Every parish or at least archdiocese should have one. With these guys you have the best chances of finding out what's the right thing for you.
Regarding the degree - I can't speak for other countries, but in Germany they started to instate an "old vocations" thing where you can join seminary without degree as long as you finished an apprenticeship and/or have some serious life experience.

God bless

You could try being an eastern cath, or getting a dispension.

The Church I'm a part of says priests shouldn't marry. I feel like that would be going against the spirit of the teaching. Kinda like jews getting around sabath law

It seems like going hieromonk would be great if you decide that celibacy is for you. I've heard that monasticism is in a pretty bad way in the roman catholic church these days. You sound like an earnest guy to me, keep it up and the Spirit will no doubt guide you rightly.

Melkite Catholic priests can be married, I know a Melkite clergyman, he's got 7 or 8 kids.

Priests, however, shouldn't be married. See what Cardinal Sarah has to say about that:

It's fine if you have your traditions and all, no one is doubting that. But you shouldn't be trying to lurk someone into a particular church with the "muh bagine while briesd"-argument. He shall talk to a vocations director and then he(or she)'ll go from there, if it's that which is of concern.

I wrote '(or she)' for reasons that may concern a vocation that is of course not an ordination, don't get me wrong here.

Follow the path that God wants for you, he has a plan for you and it's better than whatever you think would be best. Do not choose based solely on what you think is most vital/expedient based on circumstances, thinking like this could be based on failing to trust that God truly does preserve and guide the Church. Discernment is prayer guided towards finding out what God wants for you, not necessarily what you want to do for God.

Not how I meant for it to sound, I apologize. And Cardinal Sarah has authority here, not me.

Well, guess I won't say then since regardless of what's said since I'm not catholic it'll always be interpreted as a "meme answer". Have fun with your declining denomination.

Attached: FB_IMG_1527961794788.jpg (720x692, 35.9K)

Attached: Download (3).jpeg (262x192, 10.03K)

non christian here, how come there aren't any inspiring photos/videos of christian things recently. is the pope just poor now? we see megachurches in the US but nothing from the papacy

Attached: images (6).jpg (261x193, 5.34K)

Attached: 3e7.jpg (200x176, 9.18K)

If you live in the States and are not a girl, you could always join the Knights of Columbus aka The Knightly Order of Pancake Flippers. You'd basically have the best of all three worlds.

>you can learn how to cook a lovely breakfast

We could always use more knights, if that seems like something you'd be interested in. I know that the knights are in other countries as well, but they're the most prominent here in the USA.

t.4th-Degree Knight

Attached: 1200px-Knights_of_Columbus_color_enhanced_vector_kam.svg.png (1200x1200, 112.75K)

Bye

t. Someone that doesn't want to sell life insurance for Jesus

I've been approached by the Knights of Columbus at my church. Turns out my grandfather is one I didn't even know he is catholic. I think he's 4th degree and he wants me to join.

You've got some homework to do, buddy.

Well, of course I would recommend joining, but in all honesty, give it some consideration. I would pray to God about whether or not this is the path you should take, and ask for His holy guidance. Also, I'd talk to your grandfather, as well as some of the knights at your parish, so that you get a good idea on what you're getting yourself into.

Attached: cf9ca4141ec33ee39240178c66e2001c7ced66cc552f6be656bd9036298c46a8.jpg (552x695, 32.75K)

That is, if you decide on joining.

So, a Freemason?

Read the Bible.
God gave you His Word in written form.
He commanded us to read it daily.
Read it. Learn it. Know it.
You cannot do anything else for God without reading it.

That must suck for the countless Christians who are illiterate or simply don't have access to a bible. Same for all those in the past who lived in the same conditions. Even if they were martyrs, their sacrifice was worthless since they didn't read daily their King James Authorized Version™

Both of you tell me more NOW. This got me intrigued

Read a bit on the subject, and immediately found out that Freemasonry is heavily suppressed by the Church. So explain how the Knight order is Freemasonry if the Church rejects it

Anime? Amirite?

Option one is most suitable for most men, even devout men might do poorly under the pressure of guiding their flock, but if you're sterile or for whatever reason can't have children then 2 or 3 are obviously the greatest way to contribute. If you're fertile and have the strength to accept a vocation within the church though, I envy your willpower, I wouldn't have the strength to abstain from marrying and fathering children.

OP said no meme answers. Obviously prayer and reflection are important but God works through us, if your advice for every problem is "Go and pray in solitude until God fires the answer into your brain", maybe you shouldn't be giving people advice oto people on how to spend the next 60+ years of their life. This is a problem whenever someone asks for advice on Zig Forums; "just follow the plan God has for you". Maybe if someone's here asking for advice, they want actual advice, not to be told that they should just pray more fervently.

Because there is nothing inspiring about the current Pope.

Well, you could stop serving Ialdabaoth and learn to love & serve the true heavenly father, but that wouldn't exactly serve the (((Catholic))) church.

Okay, seriously, being an asshole aside - I don't see the Catholic church recovering from the situation it's in now. It may grow, but it's dead inside. The damage the current Pope - I won't even speak his name - has done is unprecedented. A shame, really - although I'm not Catholic, I always admired how unchanging that faith was.

let the clergy diddle your sons

I am in the knights too. Nice group of guys I get a dinner out of it once a month and get to learn more about the guys i see in the pews.

If you have the time think about doing stuff with youth ministry. I am going to assume you are a guy in your 20s or 30s kids just want to learn about the faith from someone without gray in their hair who knows how to work tech

Put this shit in the Catholic General if you only want Catholic answers.

Leave you effin gnostic.
Catholic Church is still going strong, and the stuff you hear about Our Pope Francis, is mostly fabricated by the (((media))). In his most recent apostolic exhortation he even called out a heresy.

The Catholic church is in the business of molesting the innocence out of little boys so if you want to please them then bring them a carriage full of nubile children

Hoothoot

Attached: Barking_Owl.jpg (341x455, 27.1K)