I have somewhat of a problem with Catholicism that prevents me from 'beguming' Catholic instead of Orthodox or...

I have somewhat of a problem with Catholicism that prevents me from 'beguming' Catholic instead of Orthodox or Protestant. Mariology and the Church's theology regarding Saints is beautiful, however, the Roman Catholic Church in particular is very rotten.

Over 6k sexual abuse cases so far that keep being protected by the Church, a gay plague involving regular people at the Vatican going to male prostitutes, money laundering, the Magdalene laundry cases, Pope Francis mentioning in a 10,000 word ecumenical document that Jews don't need to be converted and believe in Christ to be saved and that we should fight antisemitism (while also increasingly getting along with Jewish activities as seen in Before the Flood and placing a high emphasis on climate change), the Crusades, the Inquisition, worshiping the Church more than the Scriptures and the Word of Christ, and something I personally disagree with: the Primacy of Peter implying that his establishing on the Church meant also passing divine and infallible protection to Popes over time (powerful political dogma).

I just can't support this institution and I don't get how a Christian in his right mind would just say "eh" and water down these aberrations. I wonder what Jesus would think about the Catholic Church. The Gates of Hades, have prevailed in it already, imho.

inb4 winniestorm

Attached: 1442796017471.jpg (500x170, 15.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3UYeJtbUTx8
youtube.com/watch?v=q5uliDT9_vs
catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/myth-buster
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

There's been worse times in Catholic history, look up the Cadaver synod for instance. The fact that the Church has survived such continuous grave mismanagement is tantamount to it having divine protection imo. Nothing that weak and corrupt men do will turn me away from the true Church founded by Jesus Christ and her Sacraments.

- Aquinas

If you want to judge the Church by its sins then you will always be able to do so, as this board shows there is no shortage of sinners for any denomination to be judged by. Rather, I ask that you judge it by its saints. Judge it by St Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, theologians beyond compare. Judge it by Pope Gregory the Great and by Pope Leo I, philosopher kings of the highest merit. Judge it by the Church Fathers and by the Desert Fathers. Judge it by St. Teresa of Avila and St Therese of Liseaux, women of an unsurpassed love of God who would inspire legions to follow their example. Judge it by Padre Pio and the Cure of Ars, undeniable miracle workers and living testaments to the truth of God's message. Judge it by St. Faustina and St. John Bosco, prophets and messengers to strengthen the hope of the world to come. Many are called, but few are chosen, always remember that.

Institutions as well as ideologies that pretend to be benevolent can prevail over time.

I won't lie, I'm so tired today that I don't have the slightest idea of what this is referring to.

How come the Orthodox Church, part of the True Church, who shares some of these holy people, hasn't been such a disaster in its sins then? Why support a branch of the true Church that seems to be a actively malevolent?

Just be Christian brother, don't worry about any particular man made denomination, and do whatever it is that God lays upon you to do.

In Romania for example the Orthodox church is well known for it's lust for money and corruption. The head of the Russian church is a well known KGB agent.

Don't worry about the Orthodox church, it has a lot of negative reviews.

Have you read up on Catholic Eucharistic theology yet? I think you'd enjoy it. More to the point, it will give you insight into the Church's mission – what exactly she does, and why the bad behavior of individual Catholics shouldn't keep you away.

This, not to mention how factionalistic and over-nationalistic the Orthodox are, not to mention that the Russian Orthodox have spoiled their dogma entirely through the permission of contraceptives. The primacy of Rome existed for a reason.

Attached: anderson-begome.jpg (441x392, 43.36K)

If you like everything about Catholicism except the Vatican, Begome Lutheran.

Attached: Popish.jpg (600x450, 16.59K)

All grace flows into the world through the Church, the world isn't in a good state because the Church isn't. The proper reaction to that is to try and become a saint not give up.

Look into some history on bad clergy will give you better understanding, Charles Coulombe has some great stuff related to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3UYeJtbUTx8
youtube.com/watch?v=q5uliDT9_vs

They've done much worse stuff then what you list and if you think the gates of hell have prevailed against it you don't really understand what you are talking about
Only institution to maintain against contraception and marriage in terms of social issues, but it also hasn't taught heresy yet.

Would highly recommend the Coulombe stuff

God lets the members of the Church falter so saints can aide it, without corruption we wouldn't have the great reformers St. Bellarmine, St. Teresa, St. Ignatius of Loyoala, St. Phillip Neri and many others.

“I see everything,” he cried, “everything that there is. Why does each thing on the earth war against each other thing? Why does each small thing in the world have to fight against the world itself? Why does a fly have to fight the whole universe? Why does a dandelion have to fight the whole universe? So that each thing that obeys law may have the glory and isolation of the anarchist. So that each man fighting for order may be as brave and good a man as the dynamiter. So that the real lie of Satan may be flung back in the face of this blasphemer, so that by tears and torture we may earn the right to say to this man, ‘You lie!’ No agonies can be too great to buy the right to say to this accuser, ‘We also have suffered.’ It is not true that we have never been broken. We have been broken upon the wheel. It is not true that we have never descended from these thrones. We have descended into hell.
(from the book the Man who was Thursday which I'd recommend reading, serves as a good corrective to the modern mindset)

Also important to read related to the abuse thing catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/myth-buster

It may not be pleasent to have to deal with the clergy and try and improve it however you can, however it is the ONLY place there is salvation. If you see Christ battered on the side of the road and instead of trying to help him you flee, you damn yourself to hell.

What fringe version of Lutheranism do you subscribe to that thinks that it's in any way comparable to Catholicism beyond the superficial?

LCMS.

Attached: 82d.png (299x288, 76.96K)

and why do you think that it's in any way comparable to Catholicism beyond the superficial?

There are many places with corrupt and bad priests and there are many more with very good, pious priests. Even though the Vatican is corrupted, it does not make The Church. The Church is every single Christian, so every person is responsible for it.
most of them were bad, but some were justified. The Christian world needed to retaliate against islamic conquests
was very likely not what you think it was, look into this yourself but it was nowhere near as bad as meme atheists would have you believe
???

Are you trying to deny the Bible?

Attached: 3d593c8485a13f1938c8577f8fc3326c48848e721c280d26a7e6748a386667b4.jpg (690x1035, 211.21K)

I think romans would be a million times better if the latin mass wasn't destroyed.
Liturgy is how the Church talks to the layman. And after that is destroyed all connection with the average person is destroyed.
All you have now is the non biological instituition and the set of rules.

On a side note, 3/4 of the so called pedos priests are actually faggots. Sodomites are doing what you expect them to do.

Did you know this man actually cut up the Bible because the kikes told him to?
He rejected the first greek Bible written by the apostles ans wanted a translation from the synagogue of satan.
He went to them and they said
Only after he was duped by them is when he wrote the "on the jews and their lies" book.

Remember what our Lord said

Attached: 36fd9dcc5c1fc44af9626bede7f5535d348ce11994aa6cda87fa31051b6d6d0b.jpg (464x447, 12.71K)

It doesn't matter, if communion with the Pope is necessary to be in the Church.

This is the "I get all my information solely from western media" comment.

The Orthodox churches all have just as much problems as other churches. In fact every church ends up having these problems. Hmm it's almost as if people are sinners and do these things regardless of institution hmmmmmmmmm

Hey man, dont ask too many questions about the pedophiles in Jesus' Church™

Attached: vorisposting--shut-it-down.mp4 (640x360, 1.38M)

Attached: molochidol.jpg (385x512, 121.64K)

Its one thing to be a sinner, its another thing to actively protect said sinners from the justice they deserve. Espically if said sinners are pedophiles that abuse the alter boys.

Its also another thing to tell a victim of pedophile abuse by said clergymen that "God made you gay and he still loves you".

Latin Mass is still around though, check out the FSSP. Sometimes parishes not affiliated with the FSSP hold a regular Latin Mass too, if you do some research and check their websites or weekly bulletin you might get lucky.

Don't bother with denominations, become a fundamentalist and just seek Gods will for your life.

Cremations are performed in a chamber where the temperature is raised to approx. 1600 degrees F. It takes roughly 2.25 hours to consume organic matter at that temperature.
Heat Energy (calories) = m * c * ΔT m = mass of human ( average: 80.7 kg
c = specific heat of human body ( 3470 J. kg-1 . K-1 )
ΔT = Change in tempature. ( cremation temp - room temp )
Room Temperature = 26 °C
1600 °F = 871°C
Therefore: H.E. = 80.7kg * 3470 J/kg*k * (871-26)
H.E. = 236,624.5 kcal
Bonus:
The typical cremation conducted in a modern crematory requires an average of 28 gallons of fuel (about the amount of fuel that can be held in an SUV gas tank). This translates in the release of approximately 540 pounds of carbons dioxide (CO2) Source.

I googled a few different sites, seems like ~540 lbs of CO2 is the magic number

one kg of bituminous coal (bituminous is cokeable) is ~7000 kcal (actually starts at 5k)
HE required per body is 236,624.5 kcal

34kg of coal per one body.
3168 bodies per day (to reach 6 million one needs to euthanize 2.2 humans per minute)

107712 kg per coal per day

one tonne of hard coal takes about 13 cubic meter of space
108 tonnes of coal per day = 1400 cubic meters of space

1.4 kilometers are almost 13 football fields long.
Have fun shoveling that coal.
PER DAY.
FOR 5 years of regime.
1825 DAYS!
196574400 kg of coal in 5 years( 196574 tonnes of coal required overall.)

The only people genocided in this scheme are the german workers trying to feed
the furnaces.

Every ton of coke requires about 1.6tons of coking coal.
Not to mention the coal required to run the coking furnaces.