Do the Ethiopians actually have the Ark of the Covenant? They claim it's right behind this veil. Why won't they show us?

Do the Ethiopians actually have the Ark of the Covenant? They claim it's right behind this veil. Why won't they show us?

Attached: ethiopia-religious-art-2.jpg (800x530, 107.74K)

The ethiopians also think the book of enoch is canon. So maybe its fifty-fifty since either they're wrong or we're wrong.

The canon isn't closed…so who knows? Just read it and see

This is an interesting question. Any particularly knowledgeable anons out there able to give us a breakdown on the history of these claims. Have there really been Jews in Ethiopia since the time if the Second Temple?

How Orthodox is their Orthodoxy?

More than you'd think but less than you'd hope

I remember seeing a documentary about this or something, but the details are hazy. Seem to remember them claiming that everybody who guards it becomes blind and gets cancer.

Found what I was thinking

So wait…there's plutonium in the Ark?

No just ur mom

Extremely doubtful. Ever time they say they'll reaveal it, they conveniently can't because of whatever reason. Also, the Ark is at Mt. Nebo, says it right in the Bible.

Fan fiction is not scripture.

???

Any examples though outside of the book of enoch and drums during the liturgy?

I heard an interview to an old ethiopian monk who said something like "Does it really matter? The ark is a sacred artifact but we're under the new covenant"

There are black jews in Ethiopia (falasha) they say they received their faith from the Queen of Sheba.
Around 150000 of them were moved to Israel during the Ethiopian famine in the 80s.

They are one of the oldest sects of Judaism, possibly untamed from rabbinical errors since they were so isolated.
I don't know enough but there is a chance they are closer to the true religion of Moses than other jews.

BASED MONK

Attached: 33651432_10157441822491982_7444838758324633600_n.jpg (480x340, 12.55K)

The Falasha (better known as Beta Israel or simply as Ethiopian Jews) are really interesting. They claim decent from refugees of the Tribe of Dan who escaped the Assyrians and fled to Ethiopia around 722 B.C.

They don't have rabbis but instead they are ruled over by priests who claim Aaronic decent as well as their own monks with their own monasteries. On top of that, their priests still conduct sacrifices such as burnt offerings and sin offerings inside of their synagogues, though I'm not sure how they justify this outside of the Temple.

Like Ethiopian Orthodox Christians they consider works like the Book of Enoch to be canon. They are also untouched by the (((Talmud))) and this has caused some conflict between their communities that live in Israel with the Orthodox Jews who are there.

Surprisingly they are considered Halachic Jews by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel. Back in the 80's Israel helped rescue them from Islamic persecution in Africa and brought them to Israel so a lot of them are big Zionists. Some of them have been assimilating into Rabbinic Judaism because of this but others have kept their traditions despite coming into conflict the the Orthodox Jews over them.

Why the winnie the pooh is Ethiopian Judaism and Ethiopian Christianity so different?

Attached: _46738267_israel_ap.jpg (766x511, 107.47K)

Do you think Ethiopia would still be existing if that was the case ?

Whitchdoctors

WE.

???

WE

How many of them are left in Ethiopia?

Their 2 Maccabees is very different from our 2 Maccabees. It's not even the same book and has 36 chapters total.

Jude quotes Enoch my friend

And Paul quotes pagan philosophers. Doesn't make them canon.

Like who and where does he quote them?

"We cannot deny that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, left some divine writings, for this is asserted by the Apostle Jude in his canonical epistle. But it is not without reason that these writings have no place in that canon of Scripture which was preserved in the temple of the Hebrew people by the diligence of successive priests; for their antiquity brought them under suspicion, and it was impossible to ascertain whether these were his genuine writings, and they were not brought forward as genuine by the persons who were found to have carefully preserved the canonical books by a successive transmission. So that the writings which are produced under his name, and which contain these fables about the giants, saying that their fathers were not men, are properly judged by prudent men to be not genuine; just as many writings are produced by heretics under the names both of other prophets, and more recently, under the names of the apostles, all of which, after careful examination, have been set apart from canonical authority under the title of Apocrypha"

- St. Augustine

You'd think some guy would've tried to break in and see by now. I'm sure security is pretty tight, so maybe someone has tried and it just didn't work out

Because they are deceptive and liars.
No, according to the Bible in jeremiah 27:21-22
and hebrews 9:4
The ark of the covenant's vessel of gold, the golden pot of manna, would have been carried to babylon and remains there until the day the Lord visits them also known as the day of the Lord also known as the book of revelation. If the so called "ethiopians" actually had the ark of the covenant they would unironically be claiming to be the babylon that is destroyed in revelation. Which would be quite foolish of them.