What Donald Trump was up to while John McCain was a prisoner of war

The spring of 1968, and Donald Trump had it good.

He was 21 years old and handsome with a full head of hair. He avoided the Vietnam War draft on his way to earning an Ivy League degree. He was fond of fancy dinners, beautiful women and outrageous clubs. Most important, he had a job in his father’s real estate company and a brain bursting with money-making ideas that would make him a billionaire.

“When I graduated from college, I had a net worth of perhaps $200,000,” he said in his 1987 autobiography “Trump: The Art of the Deal,” written with Tony Schwartz. (That’s about $1.4 million in 2015 dollars.) “I had my eye on Manhattan.”

More than 8,000 miles away, John McCain sat in a tiny, squalid North Vietnamese prison cell. The Navy pilot’s body was broken from a plane crash, starvation, botched operations and months of torture.

As Trump was preparing to take Manhattan, McCain was trying to relearn how to walk.

The stark contrast in their fortunes was thrown into sharp relief Saturday when Trump belittled McCain during a campaign speech in Iowa.

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said of McCain.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said sarcastically. “I like people that weren’t captured.”

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/20/what-donald-trump-was-up-to-while-john-mccain-was-suffering-as-a-prisoner-of-war/?utm_term=.630790a33bab

end of expose on traitor

If Trump doesn’t think that that’s heroic, then what, exactly, is admirable in his eyes?

And what was he doing while McCain was locked up in the infamous prison that POWs sarcastically dubbed the Hanoi Hilton?

During his time in school, Trump received four student deferments from the draft.

“One of them slammed a rifle butt down on my shoulder, and smashed it pretty badly,” he wrote. “Another stuck a bayonet in my foot. The mob was really getting up-tight.”

He was interrogated for four days, losing consciousness as his captors tried to beat information out of him. But he refused.

As the voluble Trump was already making a name for himself sweet-talking deals for his dad’s real estate developing company, McCain was clamming up in his filthy prison.

And as Trump drove around Manhattan in his father’s limo, McCain was refusing to mention his dad for fear of handing valuable intelligence to the enemy.

McCain might have died from his injuries had the North Vietnamese not found out on their own that his father was an admiral. Instead, they moved him to a hospital and performed several botched operations on him. They sliced his knee ligaments by accident and couldn’t manage to set his bones.

“They had great difficulty putting the bones together, because my arm was broken in three places and there were two floating bones,” he wrote. “I watched the guy try to manipulate it for about an hour and a half trying to get all the bones lined up. This was without benefit of Novocain.”

That Christmas, as Donald Trump was celebrating the holiday with his family, McCain was starving in a prison camp called “The Plantation,” a satellite POW site near the Hanoi Hilton.

“I was down to about 100 pounds from my normal weight of 155,” he wrote. “I was told later on by [cellmate] Major Day that they didn’t expect me to live a week.”

McCain survived, however, slowly regaining his strength. By the spring of 1968, he had taught himself to walk again. Not that there was anywhere to walk. He was in solitary confinement inside a hot, stifling, windowless cell.

Trump, meanwhile, was taking Manhattan by storm. He had already made a small fortune — $200,000 then is almost $1.4 million today — working for his father during college.

In his autobiography, Trump describes these early years as fraught with danger:
a quick learning curve for the soon-to-be-celebrity CEO as he went around learning the business. “This was not a world I found very attractive,” he wrote in “Trump: The Art of the Deal.”

“I’d just graduated from Wharton, and suddenly here I was in a scene that was violent at worst and unpleasant at best.”
The danger? Collecting rent

“One of the first tricks I learned was that you never stand in front of someone’s door when you knock. Instead you stand by the wall and reach over to knock,” Trump wrote of collecting for his father, who owned low-income housing blocks. “The first time a collector explained that to me I couldn’t imagine what he was talking about. ‘What’s the point,’ I said. The point, he said, is that if you stand to the side, the only thing exposed to danger is your hand.”

“There were tenants who’d throw their garbage out the window, because it was easier than putting it in the incinerator,” he wrote in horror.

Meanwhile, McCain languished in a genuine hell. When he wasn’t being tortured — several times his interrogators rebroke his mended bones — he was battling everything from dysentery to hemorrhoids.

The prisoner of war survived on watery pumpkin soup and scraps of bread. He saw several fellow prisoners beaten to death, yet McCain refused to sign the confession that would have granted him a speedy release (and a publicity coup to the North Vietnamese).

Trump was living large — maybe not by today’s Trump standards but larger than most Americans. He ate in New York City’s finest restaurants, rode in his father’s limousines and began hitting the clubs with beautiful women.

Trump was frequenting “Studio 54 in the disco’s heyday and he said he thought it was paradise,” Timothy O’Brien wrote in “TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald.” “His prowling gear at the time included a burgundy suit with matching patent-leather shoes,” O’Brien wrote.

“I saw things happening there that to this day, I have never seen again,” Trump told O’Brien. “I would watch supermodels getting screwed, well-known supermodels getting screwed on a bench in the middle of the room. There were seven of them and each one was getting screwed by a different guy. This was in the middle of the room.”

March 14, 1973. McCain arrived back in the United States a physically broken man, but also a hero.

That word has yet to be applied to Trump.

That same year, the Department of Justice slapped the Trump Organization with a major discrimination suit for violating the Fair Housing Act.

I hope all the Vietcong Mccain bombed are putting bamboo under his fingernails in hell.

Attached: 1257923856271.gif (351x398, 86.51K)

He killed more of his own men than he ever killed of the enemy

They'll have something in common to talk about while they give Mccain in death what he deserved in life.

list of ivy league schools :

Brown University.
Columbia University.
Cornell University.
Dartmouth College.
Harvard University.
Princeton University.
University of Pennsylvania.
Yale University.

Wharton isn't on the list

yeah I would refrain making comments about POW if I didn't spend one day in a peactime army but that's just me.

While Trump was living the decadent life in discos

10 years ago today

Today

You faggots can't make up your minds

I know, right? During the 2008 campaign, libs were shitting on him left and right in favor of a guy they voted in solely on skin color, which for years they insisted didn't matter, but suddenly did.

They're VERY conveniently leaving out the fact that mccain told the vietnamese everything he knew. His nickname amongst them was "songbird".

what was reagan doing, or bill clinton. or al gore, running around as a "journalist" in vietnam. or any of the other reprobates and mass murderers appointed to the position of president.
who gives a flying fuck about the "moral character" of these fictive personalities on your teevee. reagan was an actor. trump is an actor. your 14th century brain can't understand the rabbit in the hat.
best thing trump has done is stop using the oval office for presidential speeches. using that backdrop has given the presidency a nice percentage of its aura. now the propaganda is more diffuse. just imagine what they're doing.

fuck off cia

Holy fucking shit, you realize you're posting on Zig Forums, right? You're arguing about whether a zogbot is better than an honorary Israeli. It's your guess which one is which.

Your 'hero' napalmed thousands of innocents from the skies.
What makes him a 'hero' in your eyes?
He surely was not brave enough to witness his own handiwork.

the only republicans the left likes are losers. don't forget about those "binders full of women."

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-08-26-at-8.10.39-AM-573x600.png (573x600, 88.93K)

Boomer confirmed

And nobody cared

Attached: 2d664ce5d7d16a41.jpg (750x542, 131.44K)

you cared

Attached: ee0ba696dc72f0f85ae067943a5c5661d733045acb5390848329cd18f3a5c847.gif (220x220, 407.27K)

Fuck John McCain, it's a good thing the fuck is dead.

Didn't McCain blow up an aircraft carrier out of sheer incompetence?

Attached: john mccain.png (1408x358, 51.87K)

OK, just a little

While McCain was leaving his burning ship rather than manning his post to go on some "well deserved" unauthorized R&R and fuck some local Vietnamese pussy. At best they are the same do not pretend he is better because he voted to stick it to Trump as his last act in congress. Jimmy Fallon may own your brain but do not bring your lies here.

Only got his job due to Nepotism

You fucking retard

I aint even going to tell you why that's retarded, because you're too retarded too get it

As for the songbird=heresay

and he had his bones broken in crash and rebroken in torture

Did you injury your pinky on your keyboard too severely you fucking faggot?

OW!!!

Go gett mommy to kiss it

A: Not committing treason, murdering US soldiers, or losing jets doing stupid shit.

Try hard kike. Try harder.

Attached: John_McCain_-_1969_Tokyo_Rose_Vietnam_Confession.webm (854x480, 4.13M)

Trump is a piece of shit and if you dont see that in some form then youre a piece of shit

Wharton's part of University of Pennsylvania, you idiot

ah another keyword to the TIDF shilling repertoire, maybe in your disgustingly small head the idea that maybe other right wing people are more fond of McCain instead of shabbos goy trump never was conceived.

Attached: 3dc67a768ed26eab8028be372f0503bcfbb1f7831d718367d6b62ed9a6202e36.jpg (4406x2996, 1.5M)

RIP in hell McWetshart

Attached: 1532206977439.gif (395x512, 478.09K)

We see it every day, It's one of the seemingly never-ending reasons the Left is in a death spiral.

How about instead we look at what the actual veterans fighting were doing while mccain was selling out his own country?

McCain is dead!

Attached: kingtrump.gif (375x375, 191.29K)

McCain is dead!

long live the traitorous fool!!!

mccain was no pow try again

You're a nigger and if you dont see that in some form then you're a nigger.

This is patriarchy–the few rich, powerful elite men live in luxury while the majority of men live hellish lives for the betterment of the tribe.

That's some tasty salt, buddy. Thanks.