Jacksonville Landing mass shooting leaves 'multiple fatalities,' suspect dead: police

A suspect is dead after a "mass shooting" on Sunday in downtown Jacksonville, Fla., at a popular area filled with bars and restaurants that resulted in multiple fatalities, police said.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said there were "multiple fatalities" from the mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing and many people were transported to the hospital.

"One suspect is dead at the scene, unknown at this time if we have a second suspect. Searches are being conducted," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted.

Police did not provide further information, but said they "can’t stress enough to stay away. Many blocks away."

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said on Twitter it is responding to the reported mass shooting in downtown Jacksonville.

The shooting took place in the Jacksonville Landing area, which is located along the St. Johns River and is described as an area with "a wide variety of waterfront dining options and a cozy inside shopping mall."

Several people on social media participating in the Madden NFL Championship Series reported hearing gunshots shortly after 1:30 p.m. during the livestream of the tournament on the platform Twitch. Sunday's event was held at GLHF Game Bar, which is located in Jacksonville Landing.

A video surfaced on social media showed players disconnecting from the game as gunshots were heard in the background.

A reporter from Fox-affiliate CBS47/FOX30, Brittney Donovan, said that at least one person was seen being loaded onto a stretcher and into an ambulance.

Madden NFL 19 is a new video game based on the NFL that’s developed and published by EA Sports.

The sheriff's office said that "many people" were found hiding in locked areas at the riverfront shopping complex.

"We ask you to stay calm, stay where you are hiding. SWAT is doing a methodical search inside The Landing," police said. "We will get to you. Please don’t come running out."

Drini Gjoka, who won the 2018 Madden Challenge, said on Twitter he was injured in the shooting in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The tourney just got shot up. Im leavinng [sic] and never coming back," Gjoka wrote.

"I am literally so lucky. The bullet hit my thumb," he posted. "Worst day of my life."

SK Gaming, a professional eSports organization based in Germany, said it sent a player to the event in Florida that there was a shooting at the tournament.

"There was a shooting at the Madden tournament in Jacksonville. Our player @JoelCP_ is safe. Our thoughts are with everyone that had to be part of such a horrendous event. Stay strong, stay safe," the organization tweeted.

The Jacksonville Landing hosts more than 600 events each year including Florida/Georgia Weekend Celebrations, the city's annual Christmas Tree lighting, in addition to New Year’s Eve and July 4th celebrations.
foxnews.com/us/2018/08/26/jacksonville-landing-mass-shooting-leaves-multiple-fatalities-suspect-dead-police.html

Attached: 1535309905009.jpg (612x344, 52.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u2akRzJIVUU
news4jax.com/news/mass-shooting-at-jacksonville-landing
twitter.com/RealRiotForce/status/1033799007267692545/photo/1
inquisitr.com/5045086/david-katz-identified-as-jacksonville-shooting-suspect/
forward.com/fast-forward/408997/jewish-gamer-suspected-of-shooting-two-at-jacksonville-video-tourney/?attribution=home-breaking-news-headline-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is the Twitch segment during the shooting.

Said you could see a red laser dot on one of the players.

It's on his chest. I didn't see it the first couple times because it comes in right as the PIP dissapears.

GAMERS RISE UP

F

Those screams wow

Did he finally do it?

Attached: E3 Ren Hoek.png (1130x1500, 1.12M)

That, or the op gave someone the idea.

So what's the problem?

Who would you have preferred?

More dead gamers!

Oh boy it's this needledick. Again.

Suspect is dead…ethnicity is pending

I would gladly slit your gamer throat.

I live there is a white dude.

One of these guys not sure which one.

Attached: 2018-08-26_14-36-10.jpg (1231x927, 136.92K)

Attached: 2018-08-26_15-26-59.jpg (1265x923, 186.4K)

The worst part was when the ambulance ran over some players.

n

youtube.com/watch?v=u2akRzJIVUU

Attached: Jacksonville shooting Gunshots heard on live stream at Madden online gaming tournament.mp4 (640x360, 2.21M)

Come on now, Parkland's details were up within two hours.

I tried his twitter, looks like it is down. Perhaps suspect number 1?

try it

fuck off Joey Jizzstain

news4jax.com/news/mass-shooting-at-jacksonville-landing

First potential suspect
twitter.com/RealRiotForce/status/1033799007267692545/photo/1

Attached: DljKtzmUwAAiIHl.jpg (652x437, 33.47K)

yep
inquisitr.com/5045086/david-katz-identified-as-jacksonville-shooting-suspect/

Underrated Post

Say, Zig Forums mod

space afer comma here aka jerryjewis aka the most prolific news item poster here
I knew this guy that had this old junk yard dog that was kept in it's pen all day.

Ass holes would poke it through the fence and it would chew on the stick.

The poor lonely old mutt would bark at people for attention so someone would poke a stick at it and it could chew the stick.

I recognised this behaviour because I'm smarter than the avg moron who works in a junk yard.

I would poke the stick and then say gentle like ,"good dog".

I would give it a treat occasionally and not poke the stick.

The dog eventually grew attached to me.

I had to leave one day and I felt sorry for the old mutt, so I put some fentanyl in it's food and killed it so it wouldn't be lonely when I had gone.

Now that Andy is going and I will be shortly, I suggest you kill your self and not be lonely anymore.

I could mail you some fenny but that would get me arrested

Too bad this is the internet, faggot-ass

Florida user here, Just got the same local news:
He's apparently from Baltimore, FBI on his house as I type investigating.

With the propaganda of the Parkland shooting, I am lead to believe another patsy, since this guy is Jewish: David Katz from Maryland.

Forgot to say: 2 dead, 9 in critical, 3 self-admitted

forward.com/fast-forward/408997/jewish-gamer-suspected-of-shooting-two-at-jacksonville-video-tourney/?attribution=home-breaking-news-headline-1

Jew

Attached: 9BFBA91D-019F-4048-94B8-720983B104B4.png (800x781, 220.18K)

(((gamers)))

Medden 91 92 or 93