The Last Major TV Factory in the U.S. Is Shutting Down Because of President Trump's Tariffs

A South Carolina plant that assembles televisions using Chinese parts plans to shut down and lay off nearly all its employees because of new tariffs imposed by the Trump Administration, the company announced this week.

Element Electronics — which describes itself as the only assembler of televisions in the U.S. — plans to lay off 126 of its 134 permanent full-time employees and close the Winnsboro, S.C. plant on Oct. 5. Notably, there are still at least two smaller companies that continue to assemble speciality televisions in the U.S.

“The layoff and closure is a result of the new tariffs that were recently and unexpectedly imposed on many goods imported from China, including the key television components used in our assembly operations in Winnsboro,” Carl Kennedy, Element’s vice president of human resources, said in a letter to the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce on Monday.

time.com/5361394/tv-factory-closing-trump-tariffs/

Attached: Meeting w Russians.jpg (915x637, 149.44K)

Nothing of value was lost.

What could they have possibly done to avoid this I wonder.

that's true, but the factory isn't going anywhere.
nationalize the industries.

No, they are shutting down because assembly line jobs are not viable in first world countries when yellow children are ready to do it faster for a bowl of rice per week.

Attached: retards.JPG (1686x570, 206.61K)

meanwhile companies are investing trillions in new plants and new manufacturing and a fuck ton of jobs ….

element is struggling because they make shit TV's with cheap inferior Chinese parts

sane people expected
to watch you grasp for
straws and try to make
it seem like your opinions
had some semblance of
logic and reasoning…….

Fucking idiots

You're the only people
who are actually more
stupid than trump

…says the genius…

who doesn't realize
that makeshift is
ONE word

These faggots make it sound like they produce everything in the US and not the reality that they purchase all their shit from China and just assemble it using low wage, low skill niggers.

this is the state of education (when it comes to trump supporters)
hey idiot, the assembly line jobs were in the south carolina plant. It's the parts that were purchased from china. IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE FIRST FEW WORDS OF THE ARTICLE YOU COLOSSAL IDIOT!

thanks, trump. so at least americans could have jobs assembling stuff, but because the raw materials/parts are too expensive now, even those jobs are disappearing.

first few words, idiot…

jobs aren't disappearing, employers are disappearing. there's still work to be done. factories aren't going anywhere, raw materials aren't going anywhere, and people aren't going anywhere either. the simple solution is the nationalization of industry. what are foreign companies gonna do when you nationalize "their" factories?

Go to bed.

Attached: f74ca7bdf393d02c639ec8f73d1c36c2178844666966b0ca95d5023b4524db46.jpg (823x933, 157.18K)

AGAIN, DIPSHIT:

MAKESHIFT is ONE WORD
if somebody is too stupid
to master a two syllable
word, it negates the value
of their idiotic opinions

Attached: Screenshot_20180830-221148.png (480x854, 139.15K)

….so I can continue fucking it….

Attached: PicsArt_08-30-10.19.24.jpg (599x480, 98.88K)

how 'coincidental' that you'd see this word in another thread, then be compelled to use the same word in this thread, but even after just seeing the word, you still thought it was two words.

Attached: PicsArt_08-30-10.34.33.png (480x684, 204.65K)

Imagine being a hobo boomer virgin, lmao

I think I may have caught a cold

my sinuses are all clogged up
normally, I just blow my nose
directly into the palm of my
hand, because I feel tissue
paper ruins the tactile nature
of the experience.

but for some reason, I can't
manage to get this dried
bubblegum snot to eject
out of my nose……………

so I'll just have
to post this old
photograph…..

Attached: IMG_20180830_140821.jpg (1080x1621, 294.35K)

Yeah……
Imagine that……

You do that, and simultaneously
I'll imagine being your age
at the prime of my life
and unable to get a
girl to climb into
bed with me
because
of the
gay
video games & anime

and
if you're
going to try
and pretend you
don't play sissy-ass
video games and watch
faggot anime, then it would
clearly demonstrate that you're
completely fucking full of shit!!

Attached: 7c50c8646f3c4d63a2466fd3fc343d13.jpg (809x743, 199.19K)

Deport the CEO to China

Do you know what the definition of ad hominem abusive is?
Dis 2+2=4 aight?
No good sir, I can assure you that 2+2=5
Guess which one is wrong?

Exactly what I meant (you massive retard). If the exact same job can be done for much less somewhere else, that is where the money goes, and should go. You really have to be (your) level of idiot to pay twice as much to have subpar products stamped "Made in McUSA".

well, there's the problem.
also

Putting the last screw in a chinese made TV and calling it US made I bet?

Goodbye 1 more electric Jew

negated because you're a faggot

Good riddance.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard; you're essentially suggesting they continue to devalue your labor because some dumb chink doesn't understand what its worth.

Why did all the other tv manufacturers close pre-Trump?

Good riddance. Fuck them and the illegals they employ.

Attached: flag-of-cuckery.jpg (2560x1707, 519.09K)

sage is not a downboat, redditor

Christopher Gadsden is rolling in his grave maniacally laughing from the hilarity and deepening reality of that flag

No one will be at a loss for this