Just a reminder, God knows the innermost contents of your being

Just a reminder, God knows the innermost contents of your being.

Attached: DaS18x-XkAAVykR.jpg (885x800, 172.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

artrenewal.org/Atelier/Search
artrenewal.org
amazon.com/Charles-Bargue-Drawing-Gerald-Ackerman/dp/2867702038
youtube.com/channel/UC7nqKTkW-PUmcTk_vp2yvtQ
youtu.be/hXidFJ2zUME
amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Side-Brain-Definitive/dp/1585429201/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972310&sr=1-1&keywords=drawing on the right side of the brain
amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Side-Brain-Workbook/dp/1585429228/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972310&sr=1-3&keywords=drawing on the right side of the brain
amazon.com/Keys-Drawing-Bert-Dodson/dp/0891343377/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972359&sr=1-1&keywords=keys to drawing
amazon.com/Fun-Pencil-Everybody-Easily-Learn/dp/0857687603/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972417&sr=1-1&keywords=fun with a pencil
amazon.com/Figure-Drawing-Invention-Michael-Hampton/dp/0615272819/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972455&sr=1-1&keywords=figure drawing design and invention
amazon.com/Bridgmans-Complete-Guide-Drawing-Life/dp/1454926538/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972490&sr=1-1&keywords=Bridgeman
8ch.net/loomis/hub.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: OK_thumb.jpg (600x600, 29.51K)

comfy photo

Attached: 131c47c5fa7595d15a7c64a3480c22fe50f340e3da5aba0b8e355f47cb2ee6f3.jpg (296x550, 38.18K)

O my distant friend,
my brother veiled in anonymity,
I hope that we enter into the sacred place,
that is the mutual love of God

Isaiah 17:7-8
At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images.

Orthocomfy thread?

this is terrifying to me
makes me feel shame and guilt
want to curl up in my bed and curl out of existence sometimes

Just a reminder, God is in the centre of your innermost being.

Attached: 48096.jpg (1250x745, 97.96K)

So you are saying at least one person understands me, but saying it with scary semantics?

Just remember that with this sight of you, He still invites you to salvation.

Is the self evident reality of God scary semantics?
Saying at least one person understands you would neglect the fact that it's God alone who can truly know you.

And that's why he avoids talking to most of us directly.

True, I don't even understand myself most of the time. I am often quite surprised at what my own mind can conjure up.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..

Attached: giphy (1).gif (463x259, 317.42K)

I hope he doesn't mind while I try and pick up a bit.

No He doesnt. Jesus mostly spent time with sinners and convincing them to repent. It is YOU who reject Him and refuse to talk with Him about the issues.

how to get good at art/drawing?

Attached: DKx9PllUEAEEO8W.jpg large.jpg (1261x1920, 335.28K)

Of course He does, how else could He purify it?

If God could not see into your heart, then He would not be God.

Draw from life and photographs, get used to visualizing 3D objects in your mind and what people look like, and practice every single day. There are rules of proportions too, like the human head is 5 eyes wide. The hardest part is the play of light: shading, tinting. But it's mostly doing it over and over that helps you improve.
Polite sage for off-topic.

Draw what you see, not what you know.
Instead of drawing an eye, draw the shapes that make up an eye as the shapes have to be.

If you draw "an eye" then you easily fall into the trap of symbol drawing.
Always draw what you see.

Not to be that guy, but practice! Years of practice can dramatically improve anyone's artistic abilities

t. degenerate modern """artist"""

Research on the iconoclasm heresy, it's already adressed.

Dude, he's talking about constructive anatomy. It's not enough to just "draw what you see." You also need to understand the underlying construction of what you are seeing. Otherwise, you are never going to truly understand and internalize what you draw, and thus never be able to draw out of your head, and remain a complete slave to references forever.

Attached: consructiveanatomy.jpg (386x540 136.12 KB, 45.58K)

A modern artist would just slap down a "symbol" and call it a day.
Drawing what you see when drawing from life is important.

Your brain will make you take shortcuts otherwise.

I mean, check this out.

:-)

That's a sideways smiling face to many brains.
This is literally enough for many brains to convey a smiling face.

A total symbol.

But there is only filth there.

Aye, drawing what you see and from life is important, but not enough. The Atelier/Charles Bargue drawing strictly from observation method (pics related) will make you very good at drawing what is in front of you. But as soon as that model/reference is removed, you're up the creek without a paddle. You need to understand the concept of construction if you don't want o just be a slave to references.

Look at the eye drawing in pic related, and then look at the eye drawing here:

The eye drawing in pic related is a very good drawing of an eye from observation, but that's it. Meanwhile, Andrew Loomis in the eye drawing pics here: isn't just copying the eye from life: he's studying it, and trying to understand it's underlying structure and what makes an eye work and tick. It's with this knowledge that an artist will be able to learn to draw from memory and effectively go beyond slavish copying of models and references and into the realm of caricature, cartoons, true stylization (not crappy modern art stylization either.)

Attached: EyeObservation.jpg (736x948 601.62 KB, 107.8K)

Tell God to fix it.

Attached: 1515298751131.jpg (495x362, 18.73K)

Is there a name for this style in art and is it only limited to those who are skilled? I can see very beautiful potential out of this. I've seen something similar to it when I was younger but some of the finer explanations were too difficult to understand.. If I can craft this level of art with time I will use it to please God.

I feel the same way at times, but do you have a theology of despair or one of redemption? Throughout scripture there are good men like lanterns, men that God finds pride and comfort in.
We have to acknowledge that there is a call from the commandments, which shall adorn you in glory if followed.
It sounds uncomfortable to say, but we have to respond to our capability to be dignified, honorable, and fulfill the values of our God.

At any moment he is capable of working within you, this is the immediacy of Christianity. And why should he not set to work in the cooperative, receptive man? A man who seeks to be good in his very heart is no abomination in the eyes of the lord.

Please warn me of any possible blaspheming brothers. I want to be helpful.

Attached: 13414026_611531305672625_166329692_n.png (540x762, 135.4K)

Basically it's the classical style of art education that has been utilized since the days of masters such as Michaelangelo and Leonardo. Those who practice it tend to refer to it as Realism, or Classical Realism, or something else along those lines. Modernists tend to refer to it pejoratively as the "Academic Style"; particularly the work of the late 1800s to early 1900s of artists such as William-Adolphe Bouguereau and Lawrence Alma-Tadema. Sadly, for the most part, this type of training it is virtually absent from most modern art schools. Your best bet is to track down an Atelier or Living Master near you:

artrenewal.org/Atelier/Search

This site in general is a fantastic resource for what you're looking for:

artrenewal.org

Also, while pricey, this can be of help if you wish to train on your own, and is also literally where some of the pics I posted come from:

amazon.com/Charles-Bargue-Drawing-Gerald-Ackerman/dp/2867702038

First off I don't know your level of talent, and you may not know until you try. Nevertheless, I will level with you: yes there is such a thing as talent. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional and/or naive. You may encounter gifted people who were clearly touched by God with a penchant for this craft who will accomplish more in 2 or 4 hours of practice, than you do in 8. That is just a cold hard reality of life.

HOWEVER. There is also such a thing as hard work and guts. Drawing and art craft IS a skill that can be LEARNED and TRAINED and IMPROVED with PRACTICE, just like a musical instrument. A low talent individual with a die-hard work ethic can overcome a lazy individual who coasts on talent alone (the absolute best of the best are obviously the best of both worlds.) What it all boils down to is one, simple, question:

How bad do you want it?

You want it?

Is God telling you to go get it?

Then go get it.

Here's a youtube channel that can also possibly help you out:

youtube.com/channel/UC7nqKTkW-PUmcTk_vp2yvtQ

And once again, do not neglect construction/constructive anatomy if you want to go beyond being dependent on references/models. Even the Atelier on the channel I just linked makes use of one of these construction traditions: The Reilly Method:

youtu.be/hXidFJ2zUME

Meant to link to You:

My bad.

One more thing:

Even if due to cost or location or other circumstances, you can't get involved in Atelier training yet. Do not despair. Practice on your own. Draw, draw, draw everyday. Start Training yourself with one of these books initially if you are a complete noob to drawing:

amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Side-Brain-Definitive/dp/1585429201/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972310&sr=1-1&keywords=drawing on the right side of the brain

amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Side-Brain-Workbook/dp/1585429228/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972310&sr=1-3&keywords=drawing on the right side of the brain

amazon.com/Keys-Drawing-Bert-Dodson/dp/0891343377/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972359&sr=1-1&keywords=keys to drawing

Learn construction through books like these:

amazon.com/Fun-Pencil-Everybody-Easily-Learn/dp/0857687603/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972417&sr=1-1&keywords=fun with a pencil

amazon.com/Figure-Drawing-Invention-Michael-Hampton/dp/0615272819/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972455&sr=1-1&keywords=figure drawing design and invention

amazon.com/Bridgmans-Complete-Guide-Drawing-Life/dp/1454926538/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529972490&sr=1-1&keywords=Bridgeman

Start there. There's far too many resources to list.

Hang out at an art board on Zig Forums like >>>/loomis/ and go through their hub: 8ch.net/loomis/hub.html and other sites in the Zig Forums art ring:

>>>/art/
>>>/ani/

Whatever it takes, just do it! Make art, period!