Us manufacturing highest level in more than 14 years

In August, economic activity in the U.S. manufacturing sector hit its highest level since May 2004, according to the Institute of Supply Management (ISM). The ISM’s August manufacturing index was 61.3, above the 57.7 economists were expecting, and also above July’s 58.1 reading.

According to ISM, sales of factory-made products, output and employment all increased in August, while inflation slowed.

Recent tax cuts and strong consumer sentiment are positives for the U.S. economy, but manufacturers have expressed concerns about cost pressures due rising employee wages and supply chain inefficiencies. Additionally, survey participants voiced anxieties about how reciprocal tariffs will impact company revenue and current manufacturing locations.

Of the 18 manufacturing industries, 16 reported growth in August.

foxbusiness.com/economy/us-manufacturing-at-highest-level-in-more-than-14-years

Attached: donald-trump-landslide-in-new-york-cruz-takes-third.jpg (1200x675, 114.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/vbkbW
web.archive.org/web/20180906204050/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/40.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. There is no demand for more workers, Automation has allowed productivity to skyrocket while the workforce shrinks.

o demand for more workers? That's news to everyone working in the trades right now. Automation is t robots its machine learning algorithms that are designed to replace paper pushers. The greatest myth of the information age is that computers replace muscle labor and protect brainpower jobs

Its a good start, but don't get your hopes up just yet…. the US already outsourced 90% of domestic industry by the time Trump stepped foot into office. So…… it kinda figures it would be at the "highest level", I would hope so because if not we're doomed.

Bullshit propaganda. Plenty of demand in the productive sector when it comes to trade skills, I keep telling people this but they won't listen. If you learn a trade from a vocational school you'd be surprised there are people hiring. The problem is most Americans don't want those productive jobs anymore (which is stupid because they PAY WELL!)

Are you aware that there are some plumbers and electricians that get paid around 60K a fucking year? Yep. And those jobs are still in demand. Are you aware colleges don't want you to know that? Yep. Because they make a killing off the student loan racket!

Now that tax cuts are in effect hopefully this will provide more incentive for industry to grow / move back over here. We'll see….

I made a new thread @ >>>/prepare/ all about how to get jobs and save money considering so many Americans no longer get the proper education or reliable information they need in life. Likely planned that way.

HOW TO GET A DECENT PAYING JOB AND SAVE MONEY: >>>/prepare/40 | archive.fo/vbkbW
web.archive.org/web/20180906204050/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/40.html

Highest ever but it's all shit-tier jobs that don't pay the bills. It's why I'm trying to get out of it.

I know I sound like a broken record but seriously…. look into a vocational school. They're cheap. They train you well with a skill of your choice, and it will help give you a productive job. Average jobs provided to skilled labor is around 50K, some more, some a little less. That's really not bad. Especially when you live in low tax states ;)

bumping

Imagine being such a pleb that you’re actually satisfied with this pittance lmao. Have your wages even been keeping up with inflation?

Attached: A392BF8C-F432-4251-BD59-99C7EC4FAAD4.jpeg (244x250, 6.92K)

It's plenty to survive comfortably if you don't live in an expensive city.

THIS. Also depends how you spend your money too. You can buy all the latest new gadgets and fancy dresses for your wife and expensive sneakers for your kids. Of you could be more frugal and modest and save up the money. Cutting cable TV is one way to save a fortune, so is buying a cheap flip phone or burner phone and paying for basic inexpensive cellular service.

The problem with a lot of Americans is all they want to do is buy the newest and latest junk, which is when it is most expensive. And they want to live around the cities, which is also very expensive. Its actually very stupid too because thats why so many Americans are up to their eyeballs in debt!

Imagine being such a pleb that you're actually satisfied living in a city where a single bedroom apartment costs 90k/year. I'm living quite comfortably on about $26k/year. If I got a raise to $60k/year I'd be living damn fine. Meanwhile you're struggling on the verge of suicide to eat avocados on toast.

Attached: ship2.png (600x600, 515.26K)

This honestly. Good luck getting an Engineer to climb onto a robotic arm while the power is still running to it so they can make a quick-repair. Trade skills are the way of the future if you're willing to deal with the shit-tier pay for being a hire under age 50 for another 10 years or so.

I'll tell you how to live like a KING with $60K per year. You move to a cheap low taxed state. You be frugal with your money. You don't be taking out huge student loans or car loans. You cut back on TV and ditch the iPhone and all the other expensive gadgets. You go to the local Good Will to purchase your clothing, why do you need all that fancy new expensive stuff? You learn to cook your own meals (this can save you money over time too). You learn how to hunt game and butcher the meat, save it in a deep freezer and you got yourself $2,000 worth of meat for a whole year! Learn how to fish and do the same with the fish meat, deep freeze it for later. Don't spoil your wife, and for Gosh sakes don't sign any marriage contract because thats how the State can rip you off! Just elope instead and move on without the contracts or bureaucracy involved. Don't have more than 2 or 3 kids. 2 is enough really. THATS how you make a damn decent living off 60K.

Well you know what user, a lot will pay as they teach, so your learning the skills and getting paid for it. Thats not bad at all! Could you imagine a college providing that kind of service? Never! So take the pay, learn the skill and work hard and you'll eventually earn a lot more as they re-assign you with more important tasks and they'll pay you even more to teach the newer recruits someday as you get older. Many in the trades retire by the time they're 60 or 65 latest.

People in the tech field make more than that as fucking interns.

Keep telling yourself that as your real wages continue to fall relative to inflation. People used to be able to easily afford to live doing work with only a high school education. Now you have to go out of your way to go to trade school so you can live in an ever-shrinking rural subset the US where you’ll be able to slice out an ever-dwindling piece of that American dream. Being a factory worker making $50k in 1980 meant that you were comfortably middle class anywhere, you could buy a 4-bedroom McMansion in a nice neighborhood if you made that much. Now you’d be lucky to afford a 2-bedroom bungalow on that salary, that is if you live in an exceptionally low tax area with a healthy trade sector. Sorry but you can’t hand-wave away statistical realities about economic trends with “just do a trade bro”. It’s a bandaid that doesn’t address the underlying issues that are slowly hollowing out the middle class

Making $50k now is like making $20k in 1980. Your wages haven’t adjusted for inflation but your living standards have. Not to mention that techies in silicon valley make more in stock options than you make in a year. Pleb

user, many in the tech field live in the cities which are expensive as heck! That nullifies the perks of your higher income. Lets say I'm making $100K, but I'm paying 4K a month just on rent alone. Not to mention all the other expenses of city living. Plus all the high taxes. Thats a heck of a lot of money. I'd say you'd be spending on average 80K per year to live (if you live on your own)… thats 20K left over for savings per year which is not bad but as you mentioned, add price in inflation over the years. The cost of living in many cities going up too. You could live off that yes, but the downside is all the bureaucracy, the lack of privacy living in a stacked apartment and keeping up with the increasing taxes. It doesn't sound like the best solution to me, but maybe it is for some folks.

user, most techies in Silicon Valley live in very poor conditions because the prices are so fucking expensive over there, you must be thinking about CEOs or something. I've heard plenty about the horror stories of people not being able to afford a decent apartment over there and they work for companies like Google Inc.

When I was doing my internship I lived in a cheap apartment outside of city limits and commuted to town, as I still do. I’m pretty sure that I’m better off than had I gone into a trade — but neither trade nor tech represent a catch-all solution to systemic problems.

Making $50k in 1970 would be like making $300k today. (((They))) want you to adopt an ever less prosperous and more frugal view of what it means to be middle class

Well we have to find ways to adopt with inflation. I say ripping DVDs are cheaper than paying for cable TV. Going to a Good Will to buy clothing is cheaper than buying from Target. Jitterbug flip phones are cheaper than iPhones. P2P music piracy is cheaper than buying crap on iTones. Etc. Avoiding debt is the main key to being solvent and living within your means. If you can manage doing so living in or around a city and like it that way that's fine. I prefer the smaller towns in low taxed areas because things are just cheaper and people are less picky out here. If you manage to get a job in the trade, you could save a whole lot of money living outside the cities. Some states don't even have income taxes which is nice.

MAGA

Attached: 828625f6a7ac67c6.jpg (524x772, 48.38K)

Good goy - don't complain, don't try to change anything, just gradually lower your living standards while the world moves on without you. Pay no attention to the kike behind the curtain who's printing money and rewriting laws to depress your wages. Everything is fine.

Attached: 1532999721314.jpg (252x291, 29.06K)

Thats not what I said or was talking about. I wasn't talking about the kikes or the central banking issue right now (regardless how fucked up that situation is). Doesn't mean I don't know about it. Face it, people still need to make a living, and that's what we've been discussing recently.

I get that people need to make a living, but I'm tired of you tradefags acting like you're "making it" when you're here talking about shopping from Goodwill and pirating DVDs because you can't afford shit. It wasn't always like this, user

I am willing to believe you but unemplyoment is also at its lowest since the 1950s so you're going to have to provide evidence for this claim.

Whenever people brought up low unemployment numbers during the Obama administration, people rightfully called it out as being misleading because it doesn't account for the dramatically fallen labor participation rate in the past few years. Funny how that went right out the window as soon as Trump got elected

Attached: labor participation rate.png (640x742, 37.2K)

Most people not in the labor force are NEETs. Its still not a completely reliable metric