Please prove that Jesus is the Messiah, if you do I will convert to Christianity today

I'm Jewish. Prove to me your Jesus is the Messiah and I will become a Christian.

Isaiah 7:14 is wrongly translated by Christian Bibles. This was due to a mistake by the translators of the Septuagint who wrongly translated the Hebrew "almah" as virgin into Greek when actually the word almah simply means a young woman, not a virgin. Also, read the context of this verse, it's clearly about King Hezekiah not the Messiah.

The servant in Isaiah 53 in not the Messiah it's Israel. Read the context of the chapter.

The criteria for the Messiah:

Jesus was not born of the house of David. Joseph was not his biological father even according to your own scriptures. Therefore he was not the house of David. It is not possible to be adopted into the house of David either, it must be 100% biological. There is no proof Mary was from the house of David. In fact, even if Joseph was his biological father, there is no proof he was from the descended from David either since the New Testament gives contradicting genealogies for Joseph.

Jesus did not restore Israel but instead got himself crucified.

The world has been exactly the same since the time of Jesus. It is in no way like the prophesied Messianic age.

Jesus did not build the Third Temple. He was crucified instead.

In fact Christians are taught to abhor the Law given to Moses at Sinai and do not follow it at all in accordance with the teachings of Paul. Jesus actually did follow the Law but clearly since Paul corrupted his message and did the complete opposite of Jeremiah 31:33 Jesus did not fulfill this prophecy and thus Jesus cannot be the Messiah.

Christians in fact worship Jesus and the Holy Spirit alongside God. This is not monotheism. The Tanakh nowhere says the Messiah will God and this is a later Christian concept invented when it mixed with Greek philosophy.

Welp Christians, it looks like Jesus isn't the Messiah after all and your religion is a gentile corruption of Judaism. That Jesus rose from the dead and is going to come back to fulfill the prophecies has got to be one of the worst cop outs ever and is nowhere in the Hebrew Bible.

You don't have to convert to Judaism but perhaps become a Noahide. This would suit you best. Unless you have some master proof, please offer it up to me.

Right now, offer it up. I challenge you to prove to me from the Hebrew Bible that Jesus is the Messiah. Do this and I will convert to Christianity in a heart beat.

Attached: tanach-tanakh-bible-spelled-out.jpg (1600x900, 598.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/fathers/0128.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And also be born of Virgin (Isaiah 7, 66). So it had to be legal line. Plus Mary was from David line as most ancient witnesses assert.
One billion people are now part of Israel, New Israel that Christ made and it is bigger, wealthier and more beautiful than Salomon kingdom ever was.
Where o where does Ezekiel says that Third Temple is physical? He does not. "The Lord is there", Emanuel is the Temple and the City and the New Israel
And we do. Grace and such. Read Catechism for once.
And we are monotheist. Fides autem catholica haec est: ut unum Deum in Trinitate, et Trinitatem in unitate veneremur Credo in unum Deum, Et in unum Dominum Iesum Christum, Filium Dei consubstantialem Patri, Et in Spiritum Sanctum, Dominum et vivificantem.

Careful with those pearls, boys.

Alrighty mate, how about you read a book or two yourself instead of "demanding" others to do the work for you while you insult them ?
And this is where your idiocy slipped. Genuine jews would never be uttering "God", even "Lord". You're just a fedora edgefriend trying to throw dirt at Christ. Cultural jew at best with nice reddit spacing. Go back to r/atheism, you belong there, not here. rebuked you. Now convert.

God bless

Why dont latins speak coherent language that everyone understands? Do you think that sentence in a dead language will convince others?

There is no legal line for David. And as already demonstrated, Isaiah 7:14 is wrongly translated in Christian versions of the Tanakh and is clearly about King Hezekiah. There is no evidence Mary was from David, nor Joseph since your New Testament gives contradicting genealogies.

Wrong. There is no such thing as a spiritual Israel. Suppersessionismis is not supported by the Hebrew Bible and is highly offensive to Jews, who are the real Israel. There are 15 million of us worldwide. Israel is not restored.

Again, your "spiritual" excuse. It's clearly physical and the Messiah will build it when he comes.

Your grace is not the Law. Paul abolished the Law for Christians.

But you worship two other figures alongside the Almighty. You can claim all you want that it's monotheistic but it's not. The Trinity is not monotheistic. It's Greek.

You didn't answer the third criteria. Lol

Attached: images (6).jpeg (184x274, 12.65K)

Orthodox Jews might. I'm not an Orthodox I consider myself Reform with some Conservative leanings. Besides you'd just accuse me of LARPing anyway. I'm not but idc what you think.

How is that temple doing, rabbi?

This is your brain on talmudism

Let's assume almah can only mean young woman, as you say. Mary was still around the age of betrothal, probably 12 -14 when she had Jesus. She was still a young woman by Bibical standards. Therefore I'm not sure why this matters

Matthew 1 gives Joseph's line (X begat Y, Y begat Z); Luke 3 gives Mary's line, where Joseph being the son-in-law of Heli (Z which was the son of Y, which was the son of X). This also explains why Jesus is the first person in the list, and why God is the last person in the list.

He was raised up the third day according to the scriptures. He currently holds the scepter of Judah according to the fulfilled prophecy of Genesis 49:10.

See Romans 7.

Acts 2:29-32
Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:6-10
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 2:7-9
Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Psalm 8:5-6
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

Isaiah 45:22-23
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Philippians 2:7-11
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Justin Martyr refuted your argument nearly 2000 years ago. See his Dialogue with Trypho.

So now that it has been proven to you, may I suggest a denomination? BEGOME ORDODOGS

Attached: St.-Theophan-the-Recluse.jpg (500x635, 41.52K)

All or your objections and more are refuted in the third book in this series, Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus_Messianic Prophecy objections, Vol. 3 of 4. I uploaded the other three books in the series along with it because you might find those useful as well. It was written by a Jew who converted to Christianity.

Attached: Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus New Testament Objections ( volume 4 of 4 )).pdf (

The translation was correct.
Up until the 20th century every young girl was assumed to be a virgin.
This assumption was so general that in Koine Greek the same word was used for a young girl and a virgin, namely Παρθένος (parthenos).
If I remember correctly, the word 'maiden' in English also means both young girl and virgin.

Even if, let's say, it is indeed meant to be a young woman, Mary still fits the description since she got pregnant of Christ around the age of 13.

This is the exact Jewish mindset He came to abolish.
It's the spirit of the Law that needs to be followed, and Christ fulfilled the Law making us loose from the traditional Law.

In all seriousness there are dozens of works on these questions by saints spanning 2000 years.
Go look them up.

I'm pretty sure we shook the dust off our sandals centuries ago when it came to the Jews. You're going to have to learn on your own.

Attached: JEWS.jpg (253x446, 13.15K)

Hi, Zig Forums! I'm so glad you've come here pretending to be Jewish. What were you hoping to accomplish? Did the "raid Zig Forums lol" thread not provide enough fruit from your sad little tree?

Attached: 94d0aed8ee180eb74d1286be689cbdb3b5290ebe1621f452cd7bc3c5e8814e88.png (1200x450, 917.52K)

You give conclusive scriptures and receive no reply. Sad.

We avoid linguistic confusion among us in this way.

Probably just a troll false flagging

This sentences are easy to understand in english, maybe save for "autem", "haec", "vivificantem". I refuse to believe that Anglo-Saxons are so blind and uncultured that they don't know what "Dominum", "Deus" and "et" means.

There is Re-read Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Since when you accept Muslim claims that adoption is null and void?

Also, go read this since it answers all your objections and more
newadvent.org/fathers/0128.htm

Righto.

Attached: scan6.jpg (472x608, 43.21K)

You'd be surprised.

Why do you assume that everyone is Anglo-Saxon here? I dont even speak Indo-European language. Yes, I can partially understand what is written there, because I had some interest in Latin. But not everyone knows it. In other words: WRITE IN A LANGUAGE THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS HERE

You speak with us about the law, but you make eruvs so you may disobey it. You speak about supercessionism being wrong, yet you worship Talmud, which is idolatry.

The question you should be asking is not about Jesus, but whether, given the loopholes you are always making in your law, whether you merit anything God has promised you?

Really I'm compelled to the conclusion that Jews are athiests with interesting, wholly man-made traditions. Also I don't care in the slightest whether you are offended by supercessionism, you sound like an SJW when you talk about how offended you are, screw your kvetching, you can take your Oy Veys to someone who cares.

Also

Attached: AntiLogos.jpg (431x322, 27.3K)

Sorry, but 90% of anti-"usage of latin" guys are american prots.
But sure, why not: This is what the Catholic faith teaches: we worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity. I believe in one God, and in one Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God consubstantial with the Father and in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life.

I would assume it's common in other languages for young girl to mean virgin as well. For instance the German word for virgin, jungfrau, literally translates to "young woman"

Attached: 66D29EBB-D3C8-4CFE-BBFD-E1773E0D30C6.jpeg (4032x3024 2.69 MB, 2.89M)

Yes, that's why a ship's first voyage is called a "maiden voyage."

If it’s God’s will that you convert, then so be it, welcome to the family of Christ. But if not, know that one day your children will. I will say that most of your arguments can be boiled down to “If God really wanted to send the Messiah, why didn’t he do it right the first time”? However, you’re missing the point of the gospel, which is that Spirtual Israel (meaning every single person God knew [but not predestined] before the creation of the world would follow him in faith with what he had shown them at that time) must include all people. Unlike your Judaism, it doesn’t matter who you are, or what law you follow, but rather why you follow God. I admit, not every Christian follows God perfectly or for the right reasons, but to peraphrase a famous Act of Contrition from the Catholic Church, “I don’t fear the fire of hell or the loss of heaven because of my sins, but rather because my sins separate me from you, my God.” If you don’t walk away a Christian, I hope you at least walk away a better Jew, who follows Torah because you truly love God, and just because your family (both your immediate biological family and synagogue members) told you to.

That Mary, the mother of Jesus, was from the house of David, can be deduced by the fact the gospels don't even try to defend her lineage (because it was unnecessary to do so). The talmud, too, doesn't deny her royal lineage: "Rabi Papa said: "This is that which they say "She was the descentant of princes and rulers, she played the harlot with carpenters" (b. Sanh. 106a)

Anything that can be proved is open to dispute. The reason we are Christians is not because we have a proof that He is the Messiah. We are Christians because we have faith in Him. Faith is better than proof because it is undisputable.

When one has faith, he reads the Bible and he finds countless proofs that Jesus is the Messiah. However when one has no faith, then his ears are dull of hearing and his eyes are closed, so that he can't see with his eyes, hear with his ears or understand with his heart (compare Isaiah 6:9-10).

Jesus did countless of miracles and yet many didn't believe. Instead they said "He casts out demons by Baal-Zebub, the prince of the demons" (Luke 11:15) The talmud, too, in many places alleges that He did the miracles by some magic art He learned in Egypt.

No, the message of Paul was very clear. The law says "Cursed is anyone who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out" (Deut. 27:26) Have you upholded the words of the law? All of them? Be honest (not with me, but with youself) and acknowledge that you have not. Well, then you are cursed.

You prefer to reject the grace of Jesus and to rely on the law? Fine, you may, but then you are cursed. The law can not save you, the law can only make you cursed.

So instead of remaining cursed and rejected by God, take the alternative gratiously provided by Him.

t. viper