Would you attend a gay "wedding"...

Would you attend a gay "wedding"? I am supposed to go to one in a few hours for my cousin and her bull dyke "fiance" and am in a dilemma. On one hand I am totally opposed to this disgrace and had no intention of ever going, but I know that my grandfather and my aunt (who is a divorced, weed-smoking degenerate that is highly critical of any organized religion) will be angry and because my grandparents help me financially at times, I know that I may be cut off from that for a while. If I go I know I will always look back and feel like I compromised on my beliefs, and I can't take that back. Any advice or similar stories?

Attached: anti_pride_by_hashemashour-dc528lg.png (894x894, 53.17K)

I wouldn't go, but I'd be sure to make it clear at the nearest opportunity that you don't hate you cousin or her fornication partner.
Just try to find something that needs to be done, and do it while the "wedding" is happening so you have an excuse.

I wouldn't go in your shoes.
But do what you think is right by God, user.

No.

Something that might help you come up with an excuse is calling a friend who you have confidence in, explaining the situation, and asking if they have anything you could help them with today.

Stand your ground and be the light shining in the darkness in your family. Withstand all that comes for the sake of the one true faith. Just do not go full westboro, stand on ground on the principles of faith. If they calls you bigot or whatever is the word right now, just take it along with financial cut or anything else. The irony would be upon them that understand and tolerate you not and would throw you under the bus for not violating your own conscience.

I'm Baptist.

If Jesus could dine with tax collectors and prostitutes, I think you can attend your cousin's wedding.

When I was less knowledgeable about Christ, I attended my cousin's gay wedding. I knew homosexuality was wrong, and he knew what I thought of homosexuality but I've never been the type to express my beliefs in anything but a courteous way and he knew that and, thus, invited me despite knowing I didn't approve because I would be polite and we enjoyed casual conversations with the other and were friends as children.

So I went. These days, I think Christians are called to come out and be separate from the heathen (as Paul reminds in 2 Corinthians 7:1) but I also remember that Jesus ate and drank with sinners and tax collectors.

The way I reconcile the two is that, anyone who is Christian, even though they be in sin, is worth having around if they desire change. Alternatively, if they've rejected Christ's message, then we shouldn't be seen hanging around them and acting as if we're okay with that sort of person.

My cousin was always quiet about his faith and now I think he's lost it. If I had it to do over again, I would've witnessed once, not gone, and cut him out of my life thereafter (I did witness and cut him out, just later).

If these are Christian but confused dykes, well, that's understandable. The world is crazy and people are vastly misinformed as to doctrine.

I would explain why God has moved me not to agree with or be present at the ceremony. If they're Christian, they'll be bummed but understand and will try to convince you on their view of scripture. In which case, politely disagree and say you offer your deepest apologies if you someday find you're in the wrong but that you think they are in error. If they get made about, then you know where they're at and you can end the relationship totally.

Im pretty sure this, is the exact moment to stand up for the faith. Also interesting question for your hippie degenerate family members. If they think all organized religions are full of it, assuming, then, why are said couples proceeding to get married in a church what's the point? In fact if wanting to be more coherent in their beliefs this wedding should be unironically taking place in the courthouse in front of a judge for a marriage license. Just saying if i was *Gay*. Why would i even step foot in a place that i know is against my actions? Unironically i seriously think this whole thing is just a political tools.

Attached: gets me thinking going.jpg (236x315, 12.08K)

Well, you got me correct at least.

That's my feeling: it is times like this where you are tested to stand for your faith and is the reason why I am so hesitant to attend. My extended family mostly consider themselves "Christian" but my immediate family is much more devout and only going because they fear any repercussions since they are so passive.

also, chapter and verse where jesus dined with hookers plz.

Tool*

Did you like how this thread went when you posted it on Zig Forums?

He dined with them so that they would REPENT. thats the main difference. The most famous being the story of that prostitute, who was crying at His feet out of repentance. Now tell me, do you think that those lesbos, who want to actually LEGITIMIZE their sinfulness, have any inclination to repent?

No user, dont go there.
If their degenerate ways oppose God and your faith, choose God and your faith.

Mark 2:13-17
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Jesus hung out with those types to convert people. Preaching at a faggot wedding won't bear you any fruit.

How do you know unless you try? Why are you afraid to spread the Gospel? Jesus wasn't afraid to go to the cross.

Be ye perfect as your father in heaven is perfect. - Matthew 5:48

Those tax collector's and prostitutes invited Jesus because they acknowledged him as a great teacher, at minimum, and wanted to learn from him.

Very different than heathens inviting Him to a place to sanction their sinful acts.

I supposed OP could go to the wedding while loudly decrying it as sinful. Maybe take a whip of cords with him? That sounds within the bounds of what Christ might have done.

Right after I go see "Piss Christ" and drink my 50 gallons of soy, sure.

There is a time and place for everthing, user. Preaching the Gospel at a faggot wedding is not one of those times. The only fruit that will be had will be faggots and their enablers calling you a bigot.

On top of that, it brings legitimacy to the perversion of marriage. Something no christian should ever do.

If it's a civil union I would go. If it has Christian elements or made by a Christian denomination I wouldn't.

I chuckled.

Civil is an euphemism for ungodly.
And ungodly is an euphemism for satanic.

Christ was indeed afraid to hang on the cross - that's why He asked the Father "if You are willing, take this cup from me".
However, he did so anyway (in accordance with His Father's will) and this demonstrated great courage nonetheless.

Go, hold a speech against this abomination, and then leave. That is the only Christian way. Better to be poor and have nothing in life than compromise one's beliefs.

Jesus dined with tax collectors and drunkards because they were repentant sinners "Gay marriage" celebrates sin.

I once had a similar wedding dilemma attending a protestant wedding as a catholic.
The difference being that your 'wedding' is a complete blasphemy.
I would not attend it.

If it is in a state building then it's ok.
If it is in a church then it's a no no.

Attached: a14.jpg (680x534, 127.38K)

What if it's a flying spaghetti monster priest or that ilk? Is that worse than a civil ceremony because of intentional mockery or nothing because it's meaningless and not directed to our God?

That's true, but the kind of people at an actual homosexual "marriage" are not those you can convert, or at the very least not in that context.
This is one of those "do not cast your pearls before swine" moments.

Try. At least once. Try.

I am amazed at the number of people making excuses for not spreading the Word.

If you were talking about preaching to casual bystanders at a Pride parade, I would agree to take the chance, but people at a gay wedding are not the kind to be turned by this (as I say in this context). They are there because they want to be there, they aren't just "passing by".
Refusing to cast our pearls isn't an excuse, it is an explicit instruction from the Lord.

This would be equivalent to a baptist going to an SSPX chapel, during mass, and trying to convince the priest and the congregation that the Host is just a wafer and that thay are actually all pagan goddess worshippers. It would simply not work.

Well, technically, at SSPX Mass, the host is just a wafer. SSPX priests cannot transubstantiate.

google valid but illicit before you play canon lawyer sometime

Right, well, I did and SSPX is "valid but illicit" according to the SSPX itself. Not exactly a good source. The RCC, on the other hand, says "SSPX Mass is fine if there is no other option available" meaning that if you attend SSPX Mass when there's a valid RCC down the block, it is not valid. Further, if you're attending SSPX because you don't like the Pope, your Mass is invalid.

I stand by what I said.

That isn't the way consecration works, it's an objective change, not a subjective change.

Guys that wasn't my point. Stay on topic.

Yeah, well, since the "wedding" was to be "in a few hours" according to OP, I think the topic has run its course. Now we only need to know what he did.

Not those anons, but I guess a better analogy would be:

You are a Democrat community organizer sent to a July 4th Trump rally to "convert" the heathens to "the one true political ideology". A place where people have gathered to celebrate, not to have their entire world view challanged.

It would be like a Libertarian going to a starbucks in downtown Berkeley California and spreading the Gospel of Mises and Hoppe to the unironic Marxist heathens.

There is always a time and place for everything.

There is literally never a wrong time to spread Christ's message.

going isn't compromising your beliefs. go.

why is this even a question. no christian should ever attend such an abomination. unless it's to preach the gospel and rebuke the filthy reprobates.

amen

Okay, than go to your local gay bar and CONVERT the heathens! Go into a courtroom while court is in session and CONVERT THEM! Go to a Mosque on a Friday and CONVERT the Muslims!

JUST DO IT

pics or ot didn't happen

Attached: hqdefault (4).jpg (480x360, 12.9K)

There's nothing left for them. No point in rebuking someone that God has given up.

I would never support their sinful ways

That's not an argument. OP has the opportunity, but excuses are made ITT for him not to do so.

Why? Whats wrong? Theres LITERALLY never a bad time to preach the Gospel…right? So why not go to a Mosque on a Friday and preach to them?

tigga what the heck

No, in fact I would not even attend an illegitimate wedding (i.e. a non-Catholic or non-Orthodox wedding) since the ceremony is merely an act; it is a mockery.