CHARLOTTE HALL, Md...

fox5dc.com/news/local-news/archdiocese-of-washington-apologizes-after-maryland-family-kicked-out-of-funeral

Was it justified?

Attached: 20180702_181355.png (720x834, 320.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

somdnews.com/enterprise/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/priest-says-anger-was-the-most-inappropriate-response-to-funeral/article_f64144bd-32a6-5acc-a251-b5c1119aeb7e.html
reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/8vl1s6/priest_calls_police_on_black_funeral_attendees/Always
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course, the papists magic cup was worth way more than that woman's life, right?

There is obviously more to this than the report is letting on, but I'd argue that for that alone he was justified.

Yes.

BASED

BUILD A WALL

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (689x447, 764.55K)

The wall just got 10 feet taller

Attached: assumptioncathedraliconstasis.jpg (800x583, 91.97K)

Want to hear the real story from this pastor before I cast any stones

somdnews.com/enterprise/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/priest-says-anger-was-the-most-inappropriate-response-to-funeral/article_f64144bd-32a6-5acc-a251-b5c1119aeb7e.html

How "based".

humility will always be based, and I'm sure Jesus was just happy that he repented for how he reacted at his blood being spilt.

Chalice was likely empty or had unconsecrated wine - distribution generally happens right after consecration.

Not necessarily supporting the priests reaction, but it's still a big deal if a chalice is broken even if the gifts aren't in it. That chalice has been set apart to only hold the Lord's Body and Blood and the bread and wine which is to become the Body and Blood. Breaking it is a big deal, but there still should be a response that is simultaneously merciful and serious

I just realized the family was black. It's likely that they were acting up beyond what has been reported.

Also do any Latins know if you usually have a second chalice around? Obviously some sort of memorial service could still happen, but no chalice no mass seems straightforward enough

On the one hand, parishioners shouldn't be up on the altar or messing around with the liturgical objects.
On the other hand, the priest did get a bit too bent out of shape. He certainly should have been serious and addressed the person, but to fly off like that and halt a funeral? That's insane.

If no wine is consecrated, then the mass is invalid. It's easy enough to issue a single species to the congregation, but the mass is rendered null if the Canon is not performed in its entirety with both bread and wine.

I don't know if most parishes usually have a spare chalice just lying around.

I do not disagree. My biggest issue is, especially pre-Vatican II, a funerary mass was widely viewed as efficacious for the deceased, though this isn't widely discussed now. Cancelling the mass, rather than having a private mass, eg, punishes the wrong person. This causes scandal, as it suggests the clergy do not hold the faith.

Idolatry: when items are more important than people

Sinners need prayer more than saints, user.

I never drink the wine because I take medication and don’t want to somehow die from it. I’m Roman Catholic too, so I’m wondering if I should have been drinking it before.

Attached: cannot contain.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

I strongly suggest having life in you

I am sure they did not do nothing wrong.

Attached: nuffin.png (786x441, 747.48K)

Roman Catholic doctrine states that the Host contains both species of Christ’s body and blood

I guess I can understand why the priest would get mad. They were probably being loud, obnoxious and disrespectful.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1000x1000, 1.05M)

They seem like a pack of superpredator thugs tbqh.

vid

Also I found a thread about this on r/Christianity
reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/8vl1s6/priest_calls_police_on_black_funeral_attendees/Always fun to see how retardly people can examine a situation

test