Control Freak FDA Threatens To BAN E-Cigarettes Because They're Making Too Much Money

Cigarette stocks dropped (then rebounded), after a Bloomberg report that the Food and Drug Administration is threatening to pull flavored electronic cigarettes like Juul off the market if the tobacco industry doesn’t do more to combat growing use of the products by children and teens.

Citing FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, Bloomberg notes that the FDA will soon release data that show a “substantial increase” in youth vaping this year compared with 2017.

"I have grown increasingly concerned around what we see as rising youth use in these products, and I’m disappointed in the actions the companies have taken to try to address this," Gottlieb told Bloomberg in an interview.

The FDA told five major e-cigarette manufacturers Wednesday to come up with ways to address youth use in 60 days or the agency could require them to stop selling flavored products that appeal to children. The products being targeted are: Juul, Altria Group Inc.’s MarkTen, Fontem Ventures BV’s blu, British American Tobacco Plc’s Vuse and Logic.

Additionally, to gain clearance to return to the market, the tobacco companies would have to prove that the benefits to adults who use e-cigarettes to stop smoking outweigh the risks associated with youth vaping, Bloomberg adds.

“I certainly am in possession of evidence that warrants that,” Gottlieb said, adding that the problem has reached "epidemic proportion" although he declined to disclose the evidence.

That said, a quick look at the numbers confirms as much. According to data from Wells Fargo and Agora Financial, vaping sales reached $10 billion worldwide, a far cry from the mere $20 million in 2008. It is safe to assume that a substantial amount of sales is to young consumers.

archive.fo/OwiTF
zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-12/fda-may-pull-e-cigarettes-fight-youth-vaping-epidemic

Attached: Control Freak FDA Threatens To BAN E-Cigarettes Because They're Making Too Much Money.jpg (890x634, 31.07K)

Thats not a very capitalist pro-free market thing to do. Consumers should have the choice what they wish to smoke, and yes, that includes marijuana if their states decide to legalize it. Banning products should only be done over extreme health concern risks (they should actually be banning Roundup right now for being proven to cause cancer, while Monsanto got caught covering that up in court!)

The FDA should actually do their job. How about investigating whether 5G is really such a safe utility to use, or investigate whether aspartame should be considered toxic, or investigate the levels of mercury and squalene (used to flush and clean out carburetors back in the day) is really safe to inject into babies!?

I don't smoke these things nor do I smoke cigarettes very often (once in a while with a nice drink I might) … but the FDA should not be banning something just because its popular. There needs to be some logical reason, such as an actual fucking health concern!

HAAA. Good one. The FDA only does what companies/industries pay them to do.

The FDA will never do their job because
>FDA Commissioner (((Scott Gottlieb)))
they are jewed.

Vapes are actually very based.

FDA plan. Let teens get addicted to nicotine through a healthy method such a vaping. Ban vapes, let them get a nice cancer multiplier by buying cigs.

BAN ECIGARETTES!!… but lol don't ban actual cigarettes!

Our government is nothing more than corrupt and cruel. I really fucking hate them as much as they probably hate us.

Did you read your post before hitting send?

Not even trying to defend round up, just pointing out how stupid this comment is.

Do e-cigarette companies donate millions to their re-election campaign? Do you really expect politicians to act against their own self interest?

government doesn't make much tax on ecigs but a lot of tax on cigs. would NYC have a budget shortfall if no one smoked cigarettes?

adults like flavoured things but they kids don't like plain shit. like if you could only drink coffee black. not many kids are up for that

your graphic clearly demonstrates the flaw in this story. the graphic shows a MOD with a TANK

that's not the type of e-cigs this story is talking about

of course, the FDA is a puppet for big tobacco, and they fully intend on banning all electronic cigarettes eventually

of course…..

duhhhh

but the MOD style Vapes aren't what this story is about

actually, the 'mouth fedora' seems to be connected to my balls on your chin.

vaping is one of the
most intelligent
decisions I've
ever made

delicious, too….

this MELON MILK CRUSHER™
Is a delectable Southeast Asian
honeydew melon, with a smooth,
creamy finish, similar to a mild
half & half sensation…………….

sure as fuck beats
the two packs of
Marlboro Reds I
used to smoke
each day

and when it comes to opinions
yours is the last one I'd ever
give a flying fuck about

Attached: tmp_21016-IMG_20180912_213537228739876.jpg (3456x4608, 2M)

plus, vaping gets me a lot of pussy

if it's dark enough
when they're getting
into their car……….

and you put this
against the side
of their head…..

and tell them if they scream
you'll pull the trigger………….

Attached: tmp_21016-IMG_20180912_214501750116298.jpg (3456x4608, 2.22M)

just news

anti-slide

rational news

Attached: Fucked.jpg (689x768, 88.99K)

So do you always post absolute insults to journalistic integrity like zerohedge?

anti-slide

Fda is just part of the mafia. They are giving them free pr. The United States has no problem with any of their citizens suffering. Anybody saying otherwise needs raped to death with a sword for treason. The only purpose of government is maintaining the police state / corporate monopoly / destroying anybody who disagrees with their slavery. There is no disputing this

FDA has been corrupted for years sadly, so have many other agencies.

news bum,p