Robinhood Investing App Secretly Makes Millions Selling Millennials' User Data

AND THEY CALL THIS A "REAL" ECONOMY…

Stealing from millennials to give to the rich. Robinhood App sells user customer data to make a quick buck from the high-frequency trading (HFT) firms on Wall Street.

Robinhood Financial, LLC, a US-based mobile stock brokerage company, founded on the basis of disrupting the brokage industry by offering commission-free trading, has been secretly making millions of dollars in a profit scheme by selling users' data to HFT traders, said Logan Kane, a writer for North of Sunset Publishing.

Kane said the latest Second Quarter Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) filing shows that Robinhood Financial takes from the millennial and gives to the HFT firms.

"Robinhood accept payment for order flow, but on a back-of-the-envelope calculation, they appear to be selling their customers' orders for over ten times as much as other brokers who engage in the practice. It's a conflict of interest and is bad for you as a customer.

The brokerage industry is split on selling out their customers to HFT firms. Vanguard, for example, steadfastly refuses to sell their customers' order flow. Interactive Brokers, which is the preferred broker for sophisticated retail traders, doesn't sell order flow and allows customers to route orders to any exchange they choose.

Robinhood not only engages in selling customer orders but seems to be making far more than their competitors from it. Among brokers that receive payment for order flow, it's typically a small percentage of their revenue but a big chunk of change nonetheless," Kane said.

This represents, a severe breach of confidentiality for its over four million active users, and a remarkable act of deception from the Silicon Valley firm that promotes ethical trading practices to benefit the everyday American, but as we discovered via Kane's reporting – the company is handsomely profiting from the average person by selling users' order flow.

Robinhood's website presents millennials with feel-good statements and hypocritical statements like:

"Invest for free: We believe that the financial system should work for the rest of us, not just the wealthy. We’ve cut the fat that makes other brokerages costly, like manual account management and hundreds of storefront locations, so we can offer zero commission trading."

"Trusted by Millions in the USA: We’re serious about security and use cutting-edge technology to ensure your personal information is fully encrypted and securely stored."

"Introducing Free Options: Trading Find out how to trade options the Robinhood way. It’s quick, straightforward & free."

Kane explains that brokerage firms that sell order flow must disclose these transactions to the SEC.

He said: "there is a material difference in the disclosures between what Robinhood and other discount brokers are showing that suggests that something is going on behind the scenes that we don't understand at Robinhood."

archive.fo/wZEhZ
zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-15/robinhood-investing-app-makes-millions-selling-users-data-high-frequencstealing

Attached: Robinhood Investing App Secretly Makes Millions Selling Millennials' User Data.jpg (766x450, 26.4K)

Gee, wonder how they make money then?

Imagine my shock

The more things change , the more they will be the same.

Its not the "boomers" who screwed you, its corruption and subversive propaganda to CON you into following a corrupt system.

In fact, as a boomer, I am constantly trying to warn you young ones to DITCH this corrupt system because it will screw you… just like its trying to screw us as well!

Good! Millennials are worthless leeches on both their families and society at large. We need to monetize them any way possible to finance our own comfortable retirement because Millennials will be too poor and lazy to care for their parents.
I hired a nice Pinay "home health aide" to wipe my crusty ass and blow me for a "tip" so I don't need to rely on Millennials because I'm a smart, selfish and clever boomer who always stays one step ahead of my adversaries. Let Millennials rot!

sage negated

Attached: nesplt.png (220x100, 3.97K)

Many millennials are too poor because they were so naive going into all that student loan debt. Was it worth it? Its stupid to put the blame on people who worked all their lives and are now comfortably retired.

Attached: 340be0eae8c061d64bf908cc09b33a6913a867734b88e043dfd9288793780455.gif (178x200, 664.35K)

Life can be a bitch, I'll admit that. But some people trust the corrupt system too much and they're going to get sent to the cleaners for it. I keep on warning ya'll! Are you listening to me yet?

Correct. Never owned one of those things, and never will. Have an old flip phone though, very cheap basic service.

Maybe they should just buy gold?

I've said this a 1,000 times but you don't listen. Gold is only good for preserving spare wealth you already have.'

If you want some REAL tips, >>>/prepare/

flip phones are great. nobody ever contacts me anyway and can buy phone time whenever avoiding that monthly fee.

But don't yah know user, the Millennials need all the latest $2,000 iPhones with a new trendy pair of $60 jeans to stuff it into! And you can't have a new $2,000 iPhone and new $60 pair of jeans without a super-groovy looking $25 haircut! You gotta keep up the cool during the new year in that college your paying $60,000 towards!

Not even, I'd just go to a garage sale or good will and find clothing. Never fell to fashion trends or the latest gadget tricks. Stayed away from debt and took care of my rotting grandma with dementia is worth more than going to a college to sit through the self mutilation of my character taught by communist lecturers. I'm not preaching but I feel more sane than most milennials look.

….and don't worry… its all on credit! You can get a super-job with a liberal arts degree! You'll be able to pay all that debt back off with interest real fast…….. scrubbing toilets.

actual news

What you old fags don't realise is when you're you're young you have to play this shitty mating game, otherwise you miss your youth and you miss the boat. Gotta chase that materialism like everyone else out there or no woman will give a shit about you.

Go up to and ask a nice girl out, its not that hard. Stop trying to impress sluts with all that unnecessary materialist shit. A nice girl will take you up on the offer, even if you have to insist a few times, a slut will drain you of all your money and leave you broke and lonely. So if your looking for instant sex and frills, might as well give up on a real relationship and buy yourself a hooker.

Only pampered sluts with no heart care about materialism. These kind of dames, trust me, they make look beautiful but they are ugly as hell on the inside and have no feelings for you, just your money. Don't get mixed up with those dames, they will bleed you out and leave you sulking one day. The sluts are good for ONE thing: prostitution.

You have to ask a nice girl out and see if she cares about YOU, not your money or material possession. Sure, it takes time to find the right girl, but its well worth it.

You do realize niggers pick up women with a flip phone, right?

"Nice girl", pfft. AFBB.

What I mean by nice is a girl who will like you how you are, not some slut who wants all your money and exploits the shit out of you. Those girls are not worth it. If you get married you'll damn well find out what I mean the hard way. So try finding a cute girl that digs YOU the way you dig her.

One way to really find out if she's the kind of girl that likes you is to ask her for a date, and when you set that up, only bring $20 with you and say "sorry, I'm kinda low on cash, want to go to the local Ice cream parlor and have a snack?" Now if she wants to be around you when you don't have much money…. she may just like you ;)

What utopia are you guys living in?

ALPHA FUCKS
BETA BUXX

If you don't have those Chad genes, you need to get on that materialism treadmill rat-race

The problem is the sluts user, which seek to exploit and drain you of your money. The only reason I would fuck those types of girls is if they asked me "how much for this ass?" Maybe then I'd purchase one of those sleaze bags. Maybe not though. Depends on her looks.

Anyway, I'm not talking about cheap frills, I'm talking about long lasting relationships which all men desire. BIG DIFFERENCE.

There are plenty of "chad" out there user who end up broke and lonely later in life. Happens all the time. Sluts use everyone for money and sex, the minute they get what they want and had their fill of you, they'll dump you and they won't think a damn thing about it. That is NOT a relationship… that is exploitation which is what beautiful sluts are great at.

One of the main reasons why divorce rates are so fucking high today. That, and all those poor men paying for child support. They married a slut!

Speak for yourself. I don't want to be in a relationship. It's just the smart thing to do in these times when the entire world is rigged against men. Men have no problem living the solo life, women have a difficult time with it though—especially post wall.

Its the slutty whores that are the problem user. If you don't desire a relationship I can understand that, just give them enough of what they want so you can bang them, and then dump their ass as they would do to you inevitably. That or pay a hooker. But never form a relationship with these types of greedy sluts no matter how beautiful they are. Use them and toss 'em.

Pumping and dumping is risky now; sluts can make false accusations and destroy us. She can make her false accusations from anonymity and with no evidence and everyone will think we are guilty. If she's found to be a liar–no or very little repercussion. If anyone really has a biocunt fetish hooker is the way to go. Hookers from all over the world come to the US and do tours.

You've unintentionally just made a strong argument why womyn are worthless and not worth pursuing.

Jesus christ that's depressing. The guy makes it seem like relationships are completely bad with nothing good about them.

The take-away is not that you can't have relationships with women, the message is to not get married
Marriage is a trap.

Somewhat related; didn't know Burr had some new material out.

wow, you get a sandwich four times a year

Attached: its-something.jpg (1024x512, 29.7K)

even brothers know

Modern marriage is a jewish construct

no free lunch

On the flip side couldn't payment for order flow be considered a GOOD thing since it allows Robinhood to provide customers with commission free trading? Who cares if they are making money, they are allowing me to trade for free, right?

Have perfect video game loving christian grlll. Have to abandon her to escape cult.

Life is pain and suffering.

0969586–3

‹›⁁⁄⁒ ⅓⅔⅕⅖⅗⅘⅙⅚⅛⅜⅝⅞⅟∕∶⎮╱⧶⧸⫻⫽⿰⿱⿲⿳⿴⿵⿶⿷⿸⿹⿺⿻ 。〔〕〳ㅤ㈝㈞㎮㎯㏆㏟꞉︔︕︿﹝﹞./。ᅠ�