I want to surrender my life to God wholly, how do i do that?

I have already prayed to God telling him that I am ready to live my life for him wholly. Beyond doing this, how else will I know what God's plan for me is? I am currently a junior in college but I am ready to drop out and join a monastery if that is what God's plan is for me. I am non denominational btw so I dont know if there are monasteries for that or if I'd have to convert to catholic or something.

I am ready to give up everything to follow God now. How do I get started?

Attached: vegan castrates himself for virtue points.png (1080x1920, 909.17K)

Sell all you have, take up your cross and follow Christ.

begome mongk

You need to study your Bible and Christianity in general before you make your choices, user. See which denomination you'd like the most. Thik about them. Maybe you want to truly be a monk, or a celibate Catholic priest, or maybe a Orthodox preacher with a wife and many kids.
Don't rush into God's grace without giving it good thought. You'll burn up and regret your over-eagerness. But now serve God everyday of your life to the best of your current ability.

Join one of the brotherhoods. I'd recommend benedictines, they have a good balance.

Firstly, you must begome Catholic. Do RCIA and get confirmed.

Secondly, vocation is a lifelong discernment process, God may not be calling you to the priesthood or monastic life but to a different vocation like marriage so don't just think that you have to join an order to give your life entirely to God. If that were true then the faith would disappear in a generation.

Take time to discern, don't drop out or do anything radical. Orders won't look favourably on you in you drop out as it shows inability to commit which is essential to religious life. A degree is also useful for seminary. You will have an obligation to pray the divine office everyday under pain of mortal sin.

Just always remind yourself that it is not your will but God's will that is to be done.

Dance

wait

True conversion is not something you can do by yourself. It just happens. Also it's sometimes difficult to differentiate your will from his will. I know you are being honest, but wait to have a full comprehension of your decision.

I know one thing for sure: you spend FAR too much time taking your cues about what God wants from Zig Forums than from God's own mouth.

READ TEH BIBLE
PRAY REPEATEDLY, OFTEN, SEEK HIM EARNESTLY
WAIT FOR GOD TO PROVIDE
DO THINGS THAT SEEM NEEDED
eg feed homeless, evangelise, street preach, serve in church, BE the goodness your community needs, whatevs
CONTINUE PRAYING, READING THE BIBLE
WAIT FOR GOD
DO GOOD WHEN AND WHEREEVER YOU CAN, OVER AND OVER. DO NOT TIRE OF IT.
STEP-UP THE PRAYING AND BIBLE READING
SEEK GOD
WAIT ON GOD
DO GOOD TO EVERYONE YOU MEET
BE INSPIRED DAILY BY BIBLE ON HOW TO DO GOOD
Before you know it you'll be so busy being a Godly Christian, you'll forget what the question was.

Never doubt that God has already mapped your route. Just keep living as Christ instructed. And whether you do college or not should not be dependent on whether you want to serve God … God has plenty of people in either camp.

Repent from your sin, read your bible and talk to God through prayer, tell him that you want to surrender to him.

awful sarcastic advice

should be ban worthy.

How is
"sarcastic advice", dipshit? It's literally what Jesus said you have to do.

Whoops, i misquoted.

Serious question: didn’t this apply mainly when Christ was literally walking the Earth? Are modern Christians who have careers, contribute to society, have a family to feed, etc. expected to do this?

It's optional: if you are Cath/Orth, you could join a monk order or become a priest.

If you're a WASP idk, maybe you watch steve anderson videos all day.

Yes. You should spend your money like it is God's.
And it is.

You say that, but you meant material gain. There's nothing social about it.

No, I meant having an actual job that helps people, e.g. doctor, lawyer, teacher, etc. and not being an actor or singer.

Read francis di asisi.

Patron Saint of NEETs.

lmaoing at the pic
also

Pray and pray constantly begging that God and his son Jesus Christ with the power of the Holy Spirit may illuminate your path.

You pray a lot, you read the Bible every day, you always keep the Commandments at your highest priority, and generally be a good person.