Can I be honest...

Can I be honest? Every time I come here I have a deeper desire to leave the RCC and attack all denomination…ALL of them, even the orthos.

This place makes me sad to be a Christian; online banter, don't take it too seriously…and yet, the hatred behind many of those posts is real.
I am a selfish person, egotistical and self-centered; I came back to God to get rid of this infection plaguing my soul, and I started to come here to get some resources and looking for mature debates on the subject; instead of helping, many of the things I saw here hollowed me. many of you guys are admirable, but there are plenty of posts and posters who make me feel a desire to turn away from God, and I almost sense a sort of "shame" for being a fallen man who tries to follow the Christ.

Give me one reason not to reject my faith and turn into a lukewarm "Christian" in name only person…because right now all I want is to just dump it all, quit going to mass and honestly pursue something completely against the Christian faith.

Attached: 3b3d21d44021dea64ac1d1647f27a22b5e207b63851d17500b20c9407df96321.jpg (500x365, 74.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

users.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/disinhibit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Read the Book of Job.

This is why you shouldn't go to church for the community but for the grace of God.
This world is full of pain and suffering and christians are not all that closer to perfection than anyone else. Make no mistake, christians generally speaking are better people than the average, but that isn't saying all that much especially not in a world plagued by liberalism, democracy and degeneracy.

This board is filled with n00bs who have the audacity to claim that books like let's say 'the sayings of the desert fathers' is 'entry level' yet fail to even showcase that they've mastered or understood even one single thing from it or any other spiritual book. Embarrassing shitheads, many of them. Don't take them as serious examples of true Christians because they're absolutely not.

Is it the interdenominational hate? That is the thing I most dislike about this place. I know a lot of it is just normal bants, but there does seem to be a lot of genuine disdain here for other denominations going all ways. Still better than r/Christianity though in my opinion.

Well, you are true example of Christians, I see.

Thanks for noting our exalted position :)
but really tho, your vector should be towards God and He should be your example. Not other people. And yes, I admit, some people here are really awful, with one even saying that he wants to go in heaven to see torment of the damned (there are thousand reasons for why its wrong, but that the different point). In general, I advise you to leave this place and Internet Christianity in general, and instead seek live communications, live interactions with God and Christian community. I'm planning to leave this board too.

This board is full of Pharisees to be honest. People telling it each other 'oh, you're a heretic' 'oh you're lying, you should confess and repent!' as if they had some divine authority.

I doubt anyone here hates anyone more than themselves, which is why setting a good example by following the holy example sent for us is the path of the good life.

I have thought for a while now that image board culture is incompatible with Christianity. It can be a boon when it comes to sharing resources and there are sometimes genuine examples of brotherly support such as in the NoFap thread, but there is also too much inter-denominational shit-flinging going on.

There's some good information here, but 99% of this board is LARPing, trolling, and hatred.

False, you just need proper moderation. What I mean by this is that arguments made in bad faith must be purged.

Aye, I've been coming to the conclusion that anonymous image board culture just has too much baggage, and have been seeking out greener pastures. A traditional board with names, where people feel more accountable to their words.

Part of the attraction is arguments have to stand and fall within their own threads without baggage from other threads and post histories.

At the same time, OP, some of the most insightful and kind-hearted posts I've seen have been by that one Orthobro.

Indeed, but ironically, this very fact gives anonymous image board culture it's own unique form of baggage due to it enabling and exacerbating the The Online Disinhibition Effect:

users.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/disinhibit.html

While this effect is not unique to chan boards, the almost absolute anonymity at places like this cause the aforementioned effect to essentially be on steroids. And that's not even taking into account drama from neighboring boards and other online communities (Reddit, Goons from SA, Zig Forums, Zig Forums, pagan boards, etc.)

I know how it is user. I have a great deal of sin within me user, so many failures and weaknesses. When I see Christians in a bad state, doing evil or sinful things, it's very easy for that sinful voice within my head to tell me that I'm foolish for trying to be good when others aren't, that really I should just gave into my sins and not be too hard on myself. Of course this is complete nonsense. God wants us to be His faithful servants. We need to listen to Him, to do what He asks of us. It is good to seek help from those Christians who are capable of offering help, but some other Christians might be in as bad as or worse a situation as you, spiritually speaking.

Leave the RCC and begome babdist.

Also don't be lukewarm
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Learn to filter certain type of posts.

I know what you mean OP, that's why I can't stand these dirty shitflinging Catholics.

See this
And go somewhere where there are real Christians not online LARPers

You should probably give more details about what it is that bothers you to see if it's really a problem with others and not just yours.

You need to drop the Christian universalism. We are quite different and pretty much mutually exclusive, we differ in essential doctrine. The concept of heresy is real, the Bible mentions it and warns against it. We're dealing with salvation of souls, we're not negotiating about the price of potatoes. so pleeeease excuse people who feel passionate about what they believe. The Bible does not have tens of thousands of interpretations, many people are in serious danger of hell for thinking the particular interpretation of their local sect is the real true one. And you endangering your soul because someone on the internet made you feel bad is not wise. I also wouldn't say Christ Himself was always warm and fuzzy, calling the Pharisees a brood of vipers and so on.

Want to leave RCC to join some feel good sect? Don't know what's stopping you.

Go away

You're not a Christian to begin with.

Something about most creed Christians is really off, they act like 99% atheists larping– simply going through the motions, It's all so forced. Whenever I ask them about mystical experiences they often deny they even exist and have no theosophical explanations for other religions, many of them even doubt prayer and meditation.
I suggest getting into the more esoteric side of your faith because the exoteric shine for small children and the feeble minded is becoming matte, try some mysticism and decide what's right for you. True faith comes from experience.

This. Also, moderation in browsing in general. It is good to have Christian presence on image boards, warts and all, and we can all come here to congregate.