So were the pagan "gods" actual demons larping as gods or were they just statues?

So were the pagan "gods" actual demons larping as gods or were they just statues?

What role did Satan and his fallen angels play within pagan religions?

Attached: greek-roman-gods-vector.jpg (700x490, 82.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/Lucifer-Satan.html
gotquestions.org/morning-star.html
newadvent.org/fathers/2801.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Demons.

The fallen angels were the Pagan Gods

Are they still around causing trouble or are they locked away?

Some of them were just dead humans. "Three god-brothers" in Norse, Greek, Roman etc. mythologies are probably just Japheth, Shem and Ham. Heracles seem to be historical person since Spartans by him (or rather one of his sons) are kins of Abraham.
Some of them were Demons. Pan was demon since he died when Christ was born.
And some were just idols, made up stories, statues or phisical phenomens.

I get the feeling most are just statues or misremembered tales of prominent ancestors, which demons may or may not larp as. "Jupiter" moght be a corruption of Japeth, "Tyr" might be Noah' s grandson Tiras, and so on. We can only speculate, though.

Huehuehue

What about the Canaanite gods? That’s a super old pantheon and especially disliked by the Bible.

Some of the same ancestors, and certainly some demonoc powers behind them, as in the case of Pharaohs sorcerers turning water to blood. Unclean spirits, just like their master, will pretend to be anything to misguide you.

The gods themselves are made up, by demons and men alike, and probably vary wildly as far how much they actually describe the demons themselves or some ancestor of man, either way demons pretend to be these gods and get men to practice false religion.

So, in a sense, they become real when a demon aligns itself with the character that the statue represents?

No, just as a character played by an actor is not real, or a sockpuppet used by a ventriloquist.

Saturn, any lightning or sun themed themed Gods, female godesses, horned, are references to Satan/lucifer.

Saturn's a big ball of ammonia floating in space. There is no Satan-saturn connection in the Bible. If you take Remphan as meaning Saturn=Satan, then I guess all oxen are references to Baal Hadad.

Pro tip: Lucifer means "light bringer." In the OT it once mockingly refers to a king and has been mistranslated as applying to Satan.

In the NT, it refers to Jesus.

Satan / Diabolos is real. Lucifer is just a title and doesn't ever refer to Satan in the scriptures. Stop taking your theology from a guy who heard it from a guy who knew a guy that read Paradise Lost.

Saturn has many forms
Not explicitly but if hes Satan then it does.
It sounds like you're preemptively trying to negate a "YHWH = saturn" doctrine, which i know is false.

Just in case you don't know, that's because Lucifer is counterfeit to Jesus's light.
gotquestions.org/Lucifer-Satan.html

You're right about Lucifer just being a title, but it is referenced in scripture.

Well played; for some reason that scripture didn't come to mind. Point made

whoops, wrong link gotquestions.org/morning-star.html

St. John of Damascus goes into detail about this in his section on heresies in the Fount of Wisdom. That's also the first Christian writing that discusses the theology of muslims. It calls them Ishmaelites.

Their gods and spirits are wood and stone shaped into forms that resemble their creators, often perverting the human form with the aspects of various creatures of the heavens, land, and seas. Many have come and gone, their followers diminished, and now the remnants of what they were are placed in museums alongside their dead civilizations and tribes. Even those that still persist will soon wane, as all in this world is perishable and temporary.

Attached: EB375.jpg (715x1024 86.41 KB, 229.59K)

The gods themselves are fiction made by poets and alike. People thought they verenerated those dudes by doing those rituals, but in fact they were worshipping demons. In a sense demons larped as Greek gods
Also what this user said

Hey, don't group the creationist in with the rest of us.

Sorry. It's just that I find this Mormon-esque stuff extremely mindboggling.

Basically this
Either way, it was either Dead or Demons. Actually, mode Dead, more I think about it, considering the ancestor worship and concept of God-Kings.

Both scientists in this field and saints such as St. Dimitry of Rostov calls your "theory" bullshit (He states that Zeus and Baal were reference to Nimrod)

Embarrassing tbh fam.

Demons. The early Church is adamant about this.

The God of heretical (Catholicism, Protestantism) and archeretical (Judaism, Islam, Mormonism) confessions of faith is the God of Israel however, but their understanding of what He has reveald of Himself and what He wants from us can range from in need of minor and fraternal correction (like Catholicism) to complete f-ing nonsense (like Mormonism).
Suffices to say, archeretics may worship God, but they do not believe in Him (since they do not believe in Jesus's divinity), and their sacrifices must often be repugnant to Him.

Also, it is not because pagans offer worship to demons that God is necessarily absent. Remember the story of the monument to the unknown god. But if somebody offers prayers to something else than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, they offer them to demons, end of story.

How to spot and ortho 101
Right about 90% of things

I always had the theory that some where mere fabrications, some were demons (notably the evil gods) and some were something in between spirits and demons wanting glory as their creator while taking away from the actual Creator (thus making them some kind of fallen spirits).
There's also a theory that because of the false worshiping they got they became some sort of spiritual tulpas feeding on worship and existing merely because humans said it did.

Sanson is Heracles, his children went to Sparta and spread his legend that was later merged with Greek mythology

how to spot an orthodox:

1. sounds catholic, but then mentions they hate catholics
2. butt-blasted about marian appearances; fatima, usually
3. bring up random saints nobody outside of bulgaria has ever heard of

Well considering plato and luther both attest to seeing a snake or heavenly being giving them ideas in their writings, such as philosophy owing its existence to plato, satan played a large role in the current state of affairs worldwide.
It's both because the Bible refers to demons as gods in deutoronomy 32:17 and also as statues/graven images in exodus 20.

They are actual gods doing all the work while everyone gives credit to a false one that makes no sense whatsoever and requires constant apologetism for because the marketing description deviates completely from the actual implementation, the actual model.

Time for some homework fam.
newadvent.org/fathers/2801.htm

Are you even trying?
The fact that the thing is "perfect" yet still does things should make anyone turn away with their head shaking.

Hey guys, I'm a completely whole being that cannot attain any improvement or further step since I am literally perfect.
Watch me think about humans and wht they are doing right now.

I am interested in the outcome of the thought.

Yeah, well, you're a cunt and I'm sending you to hell, btw all your gods are demons if I don't like them and if I do then, I don't know they can be saints or something.
Hava nagila and goodbye.

t. jewish fanfiction writers.

Yes.

Sometimes they were pagan "gods".

Sometimes they imagination made stone with demons becoming these "gods".

Sometimes they were dead people which people misinterpreted to be gods, and then demons came and occupied them.

Good lord you have a shit understanding of philosophy. Perfection is the source the source all things derive from, not the end goal they're headed to.

I don't have a shit understand of philosophy, you have a shit understanding of words.
Is the Christian god perfect?

If he is then there's nothing more for him to do.
It really and truly is as simple as that.
But, no, that cannot be. It doesn't even fill a paragraph of a book, and that means it's wrong.

ufos and "aliens" are just demons

Still around but they've likely adapted to the modern world.

Like those guys talking about AY LMAOs. They're not seeing AY LMAOs

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1212x1600, 559.44K)

Attached: 542554e3f6994a1459df6473c7dac8e69f0cf7b9ad3a0458f35ca125e6bc321e.png (764x430, 251.27K)

Oh yes, attack of the flying metal demon lobsters

Attached: 0f5bd80730b142dd45f82eca07c418b7.jpg (285x500, 25.45K)

Supplanting them and putting the pope in power.

Nice cart abraham but why you put the horse behind it?

Both. Many pagan gods were either lifeless idols made up by humans, or demons who deceived. There were also human rulers who were deified and worshiped as such.

Is that the new modus operandi for demons now? Why would they switch to extraterrestrials instead of Gods?

Your aliens are in another castle, see exodus 18:2-3 among others
isaiah 61:5
That's where the obsession comes from.

Noah and his sons lived centuries before Abraham and Abraham lived centuries before Israel ever became a nation

Some demons, some just delusions, some were great heroes of the past after their story was made into a legend.
Some Gods were just poetic figures for virtues (Wisdom, courage, love, etc..)

One of the symptoms of the kundalini awakening are snakes nightmares.

trypical know nothing pagan being unable to understand not only Christianity but also his own myths.
Japheth, Shem and Ham are not from a random desert tribe, there was no Israel back then.
They are the sons of Noah, survived from the flood (flood accepted by all major myths in the world).
They are the ancestors of all different races, not three jews.

You are such an embarassment with your ignorance

A mix of archetypes, Platonic forms, dæmons, remembrances, personifications, historical figures, mythic figures and folk tales.

Well yeah they are Gods but they like to play around.

I said Catholics are heretics. That's pretty standard. You can call us heretics too, you know.

Literally everyone I know is in love with Lourdes, what are you talking about?

What?

I mean… a Catholic or any Protestant with care for patristics would say the same thing.

Christianity is actually henotheistic and not monotheistic. Other deities do exist but big G is the biggest of them all: see ten commandments and Marduk in the OT.
Christians only started larping as monotheists to subvert and denounce other religions, DnC to cause holy wars more or less by imperial cults.

Also, demons are tuplas if read the origins of it– unclean spirits. It's not synonymous with devil.

yeah nothing weird about that just a regular drunken stupor im sure