Canada mulling attack on U.S. pharma patents,if trade war escalates

Canadian officials are considering how to take aim at the massive U.S. pharmaceutical industry in the event of a full-blown trade war with the United States, according to an Ottawa-based law professor with knowledge of the situation.

The plan would target valuable U.S. patents, granting Canada’s generic pharmaceutical firms the right to copy, sell and potentially export American drugs.

Amir Attaran, a biomedical scientist and University of Ottawa law professor, said the move would stun Wall Street and the White House, while mobilizing the powerful U.S. pharmaceutical lobby behind Canada’s cause.

“Canadian officials are aware of and studying the proposal in case the United States decides to impose a major retaliation on Canada,” he told Yahoo Canada Finance on Tuesday. “I’m positive it’s being considered.”

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland travelled back to Washington to resume NAFTA negotiations on Wednesday. U.S. officials have demanded a deal by Oct. 1., upping the pressure to resolve long-held sticking points such as the dispute resolution mechanism, cultural protections, and the supply-managed dairy industry.

Attaran spelled out how Canada could employ a pharma-based retaliation strategy in a magazine column in June. He declined to disclose who in the federal government is now considering the plan, saying only that it is not the officials negotiating the trade deal with the U.S.

Global Affairs Canada did not respond to a request for comment in time for publication.

“I think one plausible reaction for the Canadian government would be to say if the Americans operate radically outside of NAFTA, as by penalizing our car industry, we will pursue their pharmaceutical industry’s interests,” Attaran said. “At that point, you have exited the negotiating model of resolving our differences, and you are resorting to brute force

Dr. Lexchin warned the Americans may not even take the threat seriously, given the potential risks it could pose in Canada.

“There would be the question of whether or not the brand name (U.S.) companies would cut the supply of medications to Canada. They might threaten to do that. Generic drug companies won’t be able to take over all the current brand name drugs because there is the issue of getting access to the active ingredients,” he said. “I don’t see it being done in Canada. It wouldn’t be worth it.”

globalnewshunt.com/world-latest-news/canadian-officials-are-mulling-an-attack-on-u-s-pharma-says-ottawa-lawyer/

Attached: 8a5b6eb137821d07c110f584cb2e15eaf39fe00f.png_1200x630.png (1200x630, 389.26K)

justin is afraid of trump

he gonna be a good boy, just a lil lippy

he's to stupid to be afraid, that's why he is so dangerous to canada, he could end up doing anything that sounds good today

Notice how terrorist murderers live better lives than 99% of Americans? This is because while problems happen to golems in the us, all their money is given to other countries. Kikes print pieces of paper at will, give them to psycho countries , then they do whatever they tell them to do. This is the case with every single country alligned with the United States in any way. Every single post you see about these colluders feuding is just a distraction. You are wasting everybodies time. The numbers that appear to the public and tbe true numbers are completely different things. Propaganda is legal in the United States. Journalists are murdered for writing things here, police can have people murdered for investigating their crimes, but nah dude they would never use propaganda! Stop posting your spam here you dirty kikes and simpletons. This site is a safe space for discussing ways to overthrow the useless barbaric slave power structure.

GO FOR IT!

BIG PHARMA BTFO PLEASE!

I CHEER FOR ANYONE WHO CAN BTFO THE BIG TECH AND PHARMA MONOPOLIES… I COULD CARE LESS IF ITS CANADA, CHINA OR RUSSIA!

GO FOR IT!

But if Canada starts violating other countries patents on medicine, whats stopping other countries copying Candas patents for bagged milk?

We make a lot of money from that
Just shows you what good subsidies can do

We dont have patents on bagged milk, we just have very strict protectionist laws for our milk and its the only food I van say where gmos and chemically fucking with the cows is illegal.

In other words Canada knows about the highly illegal racket the pharma cartel is running and threatens to tell the dumb peasants about it, if the US doesn't share their gangster loot. #Mafiawars

US BTFO

Came into this thread for the Canuck-cucking.
Stayed for the Canadian Milk Bags.

Attached: Canadian Milk Bags.jpg (512x768, 63.04K)

It's good for babies.
Not just for milk anymore.

Attached: c7b0c8c628c0c493283286da5652c145591a7f6eca6d8f48ad1e184bf7401ffc.png (790x677, 630.76K)

Attached: Not Just 4 Babies.jpg (500x375, 74.04K)

Canadian milk bags can be Tremendously Yuge!

Attached: gspx_pack-de-tetas-grandes1-12.gif (400x400, 1.26M)

More proof the USA has been subsidizing the worlds medical care for decades. America pays for everyone else's "free" medical care while their governments collect taxes and line their pockets.

why are americans such dickheads

Nothing like that happens. Its blocking solutions for tens of years and then pretending "we care about you" - by ripping you off on everything. Stop "helping" everyone.

Doesn't the World Trade group [forget the name] of first world nations force patents to be followed among them? Wouldn't the world bank and other groups tell Canada to fuck off?

China's part of the WTO. You think the WTO cares about patents

Nice.

But as a Canadian, I approve of this. Big pharma needs to get fucked.

Attached: 2d2eac44c0388d44ecf28206d5c40bb3c7ae0ce10bf9bdcdc51160aec5065b37.jpg (255x254, 19.92K)

Burger here, and I agree. Big Pharma is downright evil. They do not represent America's traditional foundations or freedom. If they had it their way every American would be FORCED drugged on SSRIs and be mandated to take 100 vaccines filled with 50% mercury every day. Fuck 'em.

+ forced chemo by the age of 20, cancer or no cancer….

Attached: 1533999561935.png (748x1000, 168.39K)

Attached: Latent Homo Milk.png (500x375, 419.62K)

Meh. I've seen worse causes.

Aah yes, looks like Canada will just have to start ordering Chinese prescription drugs instead…Retards don't really have a choice but to order America drugs unless they want tainted bootleg medication