No man with crushed or severed genitals may enter the assembly of the LORD

No man with crushed or severed genitals may enter the assembly of the LORD.

Attached: 53fe9cad8f84c07aaeeed7174d1589047a5c9204da2f487e7549d0909a164106.jpg (350x350, 30.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/8z2p31/im_leaving_catholicism/
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm
catholicapologetics.info/thechurch/catechism/TenCommandments-fifth.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

…why would they be crushed. Did someone crush your wang, son?

By these are meant, in the spiritual sense, such as are barren in good works.

No, I believe it applies to eunuchs. Maybe it had to do with them swearing their allegiance to some king and not God.

But if it applies to them then it must also apply to people who simply lost their genitals in an accident or an attack from another man or animal.

So, eunuchs can't be Levites. Noted.

reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/8z2p31/im_leaving_catholicism/
I'm getting real tired of these people

lol this is a black trans woman who recently converted to. these people seriously should just be stoned/killed. chrysostom was right. they do nothing useful for this world.

Repent heretic. Pray for them, debate them, help them find God, but don't torture and kill them. God doesn't command us to kill sinners, he commands us to bring them to him.

shut up you idiot. st. john chrysostom, doctor of the church is a heretic? hahaha sure buddy.

are you some pacifist prot? God literally has commanded people to kill sinners. Death penalty is totally fine and was literally commanded by God. you're actually using the word heretic to say there is a death penalty?

this is your brain on modernism

Didn't Chrysostom say that homosexuals should be put to death?

this is your brain on Zig Forums

What? Have you ever read Leviticus? Almost every sin gets the death penalty, God has no qualms with capital punishment.

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm
Assuming that the guilty party's identity and responsibility have been fully determined, the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty, if this is the only possible way of effectively defending human lives against the unjust aggressor.

If, however, non-lethal means are sufficient to defend and protect people's safety from the aggressor, authority will limit itself to such means, as these are more in keeping with the concrete conditions of the common good and more in conformity to the dignity of the human person.

Today, in fact, as a consequence of the possibilities which the state has for effectively preventing crime, by rendering one who has committed an offense incapable of doing harm - without definitely taking away from him the possibility of redeeming himself - the cases in which the execution of the offender is an absolute necessity "are very rare, if not practically nonexistent."68

Attached: 1531164600676.jpg (800x408, 94.91K)

The catechism of the Council of Trent is far less handwringy over it
catholicapologetics.info/thechurch/catechism/TenCommandments-fifth.shtml

I'll point out that sin was removed by death before the New Covenant. Purification had to happen through death, so that sin would perish alongside man. This is the curse that Adam put on himself, and although death is not the will or the creation of God, God used death to cleanse creation (see: the Flood, the death penality under the Old Covenant, the merciless removal of the Canaanites…)

But under the New Covenant, purification happens through fire. There is the fire of the Holy Spirit, that cleanses our filth, forgives our faults, and divinizes us. There is also the fire of the Gehenna, where all evil will be sent and eternally destroyed, the second death.
As such, I don't think that the death sentence has room in the New Covenant, because Christ has defeated death by death and now purification of creation happens not through taking the life of sinners, but through Jesus, Who justifies some and condemns others.

It doesn't mean the death sentence is intrinsically evil (or else God wouldn't have commanded it before) but I don't think there's justification to be found for it under the New Covenant.

I mean, several great theologians of Christian history have been in support of the death sentence, usually for heresy. I'm not going to pretend I'm a more holy and smart man than any of them were. I just don't think that we can say "the death sentence is commanded under the Law of Moses so we should have it".

Vatican 2 is valid.

What was the context for this? You really couldn't go to church anymore if a camel squashed your balls off?

The "assembly of the lord" is the priestly class of Levites.

Priests cannot be physically maimed or disfigured in any way.

Y'all are slipping (Acts 8)
26 An angel of the Lord spoke to Philip: “Get up and go south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is the desert road.[d]) 27 So he got up and went. There was an Ethiopian man, a eunuch and high official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of her entire treasury. He had come to worship in Jerusalem 28 and was sitting in his chariot on his way home, reading the prophet Isaiah aloud.

29 The Spirit told Philip, “Go and join that chariot.”

30 When Philip ran up to it, he heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you’re reading?”

31 “How can I,” he said, “unless someone guides me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now the Scripture passage he was reading was this:

He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
and as a lamb is silent before its shearer,
so he does not open his mouth.
33 In his humiliation justice was denied him.
Who will describe his generation?
For his life is taken from the earth.[e]

34 The eunuch said to Philip, “I ask you, who is the prophet saying this about—himself or someone else?” 35 Philip proceeded to tell him the good news about Jesus, beginning with that Scripture.

36 As they were traveling down the road, they came to some water. The eunuch said, “Look, there’s water. What would keep me from being baptized?”[f] 38 So he ordered the chariot to stop, and both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him any longer but went on his way rejoicing.

wheres acts 8:37?

Knew that was coming. It isn't present in.early Greek manuscripts but was known to some early patristics. Fair?

you know what im going to say: but the dra.

how could the romish church deceive so many people at the time for thinking it was in there?

Attached: CE0796CC-796A-4794-95A5-041A076A2D1C.jpeg (1446x587, 311.63K)

I'm not a papist, Rome can do as it likes.

Agreed. Race mixers and religion mixers get the rope too. Do it for Chad Jesus.

Attached: 5E6E647A-D044-4DCF-8401-C38935BCF206.jpeg (670x913, 104.14K)

I'm sort of new to Christianity. I'm confused why there is a number of people who say the OT is null and void. Are they pulling wool over my eyes. The OT is the word of God, I see why I shouldn't follow it. Peter applied capital punishment to Ananias,

Doesn't Mathew say: "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Unless Jesus says otherwise, such as divorcement laws and how all meats are clean now, we should continue to follow the OT, that's the way I see it.

What do you see in Acts 10 and Acts 15 on this?

Also, read Romans. The whole thing.

I'm only up to Acts 6 right now

Keep going. You'll see more as you read more.

The Catholic church and some Protestant sects see themselves as the Spiritual continuation of Israel. Israel was subject to the laws of OT. Therefore, the followers of spiritual Israel are also subject to those laws. And if anyone disagrees with me I'll start posting white Israelite stuff until you get it one way or another.

Attached: 1531684648091.jpg (280x388, 13.01K)

Just to clarify I do agree Jesus has authority to override stuff.

Homos, trannies, and such are not just sinners. They didn't just have impure thoughts or tell a lie. They succumbed to the devil. When you chop your manhood off or let men pound you in the rear you're too far gone for redemption. they are agents of the devil. And the Jews are their priests. This heretical "turn a thousand cheeks for the demonic hordes is sickening. Kill them all. Let God sort it out.

Thou shalt not kill :p

The correct translation is thou shalt not murder.

You two joke around about this too trivially for my liking. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Do not defame Jesus by ironically posting a picture and a post that misrepresents Him.

Attached: 1458237695471.jpg (158x248, 15.41K)

no

It was about priesthood. Castrated could not be elevated above the level of Levite