Europe Unveils New Payment System To Bypass SWIFT, Jeopardizing US Dollar's Global Reserve Currency

BE PREPARED: >>>/prepare/1 | https:// archive.fo/elYwR
https:// web.archive.org/web/20180910185746/https:// 8ch.net/prepare/res/1.html

In a stunning vote of "no confidence" in the US monopoly over global payment infrastructure, one month ago Germany’s foreign minister Heiko Maas called for the creation of a new payments system independent of the US that would allow Brussels to be independent in its financial operations from Washington and as a means of rescuing the nuclear deal between Iran and the west.

Writing in the German daily Handelsblatt, Maas said "Europe should not allow the US to act over our heads and at our expense. For that reason it’s essential that we strengthen European autonomy by establishing payment channels that are independent of the US, creating a European Monetary Fund and building up an independent Swift system," he wrote.

Maas said it was vital for Europe to stick with the Iran deal. "Every day the agreement continues to exist is better than the highly explosive crisis that otherwise threatens the Middle East," he said, with the unspoken message was even clearer: Europe no longer wants to be a vassal state to US monopoly over global payments, and will now aggressively pursue its own "SWIFT" network that is not subservient to Washington's every whim.

Many discounted the proposal as being far too aggressive: after all, a direct assault on SWIFT, and Washington, would be seen by the rest of the world as clear mutiny against a US-dominated global regime, and could potentially spark a crisis of confidence in the reserve status of the dollar, resulting in unpredictable, and dire, consequences.

However, despite the diplomatic consequences, Europe was intent on creating some loophole to the US ability to weaponize the global currency of account at will, something observed most recently as part of Trump's latest sanctions on Iran, and as a result, late on Monday, the European Union said that it would establish a special payment channel to allow European and other companies to legally continue financial transactions with Iran while avoiding exposure to U.S. sanctions.

The move, as the WSJ notes, "is a direct rebuke of President Trump’s policy on Iran and his decision to withdraw from the nuclear deal in May," and sets the stage for a confrontation between the U.S. and Europe over the treatment of Iran, the payment for Iran oil, and potentially, jeopardizing the reserve currency status of the dollar itself.

While keeping SWIFT as is, for now, the EU's foreign-policy head Federica Mogherini side by side with Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif announced a "special purpose vehicle" jointly, in English and Farsi, after a meeting at the U.N. of the parties still committed to the deal—Iran, EU, U.K., France, Germany, Russia and China. In fact, everyone but the US.

According to Mogherini, the plan to create the SPV "will mean that EU member states will set up a legal entity to facilitate legitimate financial transactions with Iran, and this will allow European companies to continue trade with Iran" despite Trump's opposition.

As Bloomberg's Leonid Bershidsky explains, with Iran sanctions back, it is clear to the Europeans (as well as the Chinese and Russians) that any future transactions with Iran must go through entities insulated from the American financial system.

https:// archive.fo/9Fjfn
https:// www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-25/europe-unveils-special-purpose-vehicle-bypass-swift-jeopardizing-dollars-reserve
8ch.net/n/677021.html

Attached: Europe Unveils New Payment System To Bypass SWIFT, Jeopardizing US Dollar's Global Reserve Currency Status.png (500x423, 152.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1k1w7SnNEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reposted after being 404'd!

actual news

actual

bump2

No reserve currency statues lasts forever. FACT.

No fiat currency holds value forever. FACT.

Considering these two FACTS, I'd say being prepared for hard times is likely the smartest thing you could do today.

How long before America slaps sanctions on Europe?

I'll be pissed if they do bro. I get my parmesan cheese directly from Italy, have for years. Best quality stuff for pasta, love it. I'll be steaming pissed if that cheeze ain't on the market!

I'm going to learn how to make my own Parmigiano-Reggiano and I could care less what the EU dictates are. Thats my next hobby, I'm doing it!

youtube.com/watch?v=s1k1w7SnNEY

YES!

I'm using half 'n half instead of low fat milk, fuck low fat milk or whole milk! Can't beat half 'n half.

Do they not think Athens will fuck up anyone trying to go outside the Delian league?

at the same time I don't want Athens talking shit and then getting permafuct by sparta

you know, paramsean was actually a italian copy of a swiss cheese they didn't want to bother importing any more. a long aged hard cheese that comes from milk made by alpine grass fed cows.
if you can get a high quality grass fed milk and a good culture the rest should be easy. Good luck!

Attached: say aged milk product.jpg (640x480, 137.7K)

Yes, I can get a hold of high quality grass fed milk because I live in a small town nearby some farmers and ranchers living on the outskirts. Fortunately I know some of them. Good thinking.

Better start now because it's gonna be a year before you get your cheese.

bumping real truth

I have some extra Parmigiano stored in a deep freezer so even if supplies drain I can still take some out of the backup freezer and use it. Got that freezer hooked up to a solar panel btw, so if there was an EMP attack, I can still power it up. I invested in some EMP-resistant hardware that is hooked up between the panels and the 12V batteries and the inverter/generator is specially made to prevent EMP/brownouts.

Attached: whostheshill.jpg (360x389, 24K)

Oops, posted on wrong thread

I cant see many countries adopting this.

To be a reserve currency you have to be seen as stable.
Nobody knows if the EU will still be here in 5 or 10 years time. Countries like China are not going to touch this.

If its just the EU and Iran adopting this new deal then the US will just put sanctions on everyone using it.

Amen brother! America can recover from globalist subversion and outsourcing. We need to get back to work.

But California wine has globalist glyphosate in it.

Fun fact: In blind taste tests by "experts," Californian budget wine almost always beats the imported French swill.

Attached: 6f7e18202244e5b91810873854a4b0d0ff15236359e2725a8c7c0f5d5f7c36f8.png (2012x2012, 1.47M)

This would Explain why the UK left the EU and why the US has been flooding Europe with migrants

Already have

ACTAU L

SUCH

anti-slide

ABSOLUTE

actual national

real news

Talking about real sanctions, like they've put on Iran and Syria.

5 to 10 years it will be after the trump years and the economic collapse shortly after the dissolution of the EU. Whomever is getting to powerful probably Germany will be a target and whom every is being a bad got probably Eastern Europe will be a military target as well

Are you one of those mouth breathing retards who also think that laughing stock the US calls beer is the best in the world? Americans are hated and made fun of because of their blind willing ignorance and outright hatred of all things not American. Its not enough they copy other countries, whatever teh US produces is always "better". What a bunch of nonsense.

fix'd

real bump