Does Christianity have a problem with masculinity? Would more people be drawn to the faith if it was more masculine?

Does Christianity have a problem with masculinity? Would more people be drawn to the faith if it was more masculine?

Attached: 1531949287442.png (1682x1422, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lord have mercy on your church

Attached: froggo.jpg (570x526, 83.55K)

Yes

Yup.

Boys of the holy soy

I think this kind of thing may just be cultivated (or at least tolerated) in seminary. I don't know how it is with other nations, but my own country no longer has any native seminaries, so seminarians have to go directly to Rome instead. There, apparently, if you show any kind of interest or inclination to pre-VII thinking or customs, they will start looking for an excuse to get you kicked out. Priests have told me this, and I have also heard this from other people who are friends with present seminarians who have to hide their power levels to keep in line.

Fun fact: The "devil horns" was an apparently benign old rustic Italian gesture to ward off the evil eye. It apparently came into more common discourse as the "devil horns" through Ronnie James Dio because his grandmother used it a lot.

tl;dr it's still pagan shit for goodness sake why are Christians doing it at all?

altar women must be abolished. The woman presence in the sacristy is having a negative impact from what I see almost daily. There's a false sense of authority in those women, they get attached to the church in a bad sense: they are trying hold the monopoly against other male figures. Pray for the Catholic Church in Brazil.

It's a traditional gesture used in the same sense as 'muricans say "knock on wood" and it's still in use today.
I'm using it more frequently because that shit started spreading into the country I live in and I hate cultural assimilation due to sphere of influence.
I don't know if it's really pagan or not, it has nothing to do with any pagan gods whatsoever.
Oh and it's also used to signify if someone's wife is shagging another man, because then he's a horn-bearer, a cornuto.

What devil horns?

t. never read the Bible
t. never listened to a single theologian
t. neopagan varglover

Attached: teutonic_knight.jpg (968x649, 166.98K)

Yeah I notice they invert the meaning of Christian symbols. I see a lot of satanists employ the cross in a similar way.

Yes I think Christianity would do well to embrace masculinity and reaffirm the image of God. Jesse Lee Peterson makes good videos about that (even though he's a heretic).

Attached: really.jpg (933x445, 76.91K)

CINO

What leads you to detach masculinity from God and his people? What is your definition of masculinity?

Attached: You serious?.gif (255x234, 910.34K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity

Attached: [email protected] (690x396, 56.52K)

Remember, the soy-christians are the lukewarms

These ones.

Attached: 24d7b4542b9600f719578af4792a49b1165c0f472e33e15487711045f98e6a1d.png (2725x405, 704.59K)

t. larper

Mah tibba.

One is already explained. the second one is V for "Victory". For goodness sake, stop seeing devil in everything,. Lets slaughter cows, goats and sheep because they also have horns,

3, 5, and 6 literally aren't the devil horns

It's not about what "draws people to the faith".

That's God's job.

That said, yes, a great deal of the Church is having a masculinity crisis. It is a very real moral issue that must be dealt with.

Attached: milk.jpg (702x691, 60.81K)

Those are metal and peace signs dummy.

Shame on you OP. To be not afraid of monastery life in the first place is a pretty masculine thing in my opinion.

I've never heard those called devil horns

Begome Orthodox.

Attached: orthodoxmonk.jpg (500x375, 99.73K)

1, 2 and 4 are sort of horn-like…but the other three are just the peace sign.

That's pretty comfy looking.

Orthomonk Alpha Chads ftw

I don't know why we have conflicting stories, but It's also known as an actual curse/blessing sign used by many practicing satanist, in media, business, sports, and church. Including Anton Lavey.

Lavey satanism is an ironic atheist club.

Do you have a source or more information on this?

Even wikipedia has it.

Attached: My-religion-is-just-Ayn.jpg (389x495, 34.85K)

Well, ancaps are satanists.

Because some LARPers like Anton Lavey and Norwegian black metal bands take it together with the petrine cross and everybody suddenly dubs it satanic.
Bloody hell mate do some actual research for once, it has been in use for centuries where my grandparents are from.
We still say "fatt'un corno" in the same sense as you guys say "knock on wood".

Ironic, considering objectivity came from God.

Yes, Christianity has been emasculated and neutered. How else do you replace Christ with equality, apathy, and tolerance.

They are essentially idolaters. They worship money and the free market.

Literal poison

Attached: Soylent.jpg (2728x2128, 1.16M)

you might be possessed

what about, women should not speak in church?

Pretty pro-male, in my opinion.

We still have Greeks, friend. Lord help them.

Hit the nail on the head. Whatever your denomination, women have infiltrated councils, study groups and classrooms to exercise influence not only over other women but other men. These bored women become voracious for authority and unhumble. These women most assuredly need to be reigned in, but the other side if the coin is low-energy men being uninvolved in their communities. The woman in the relationship has been meme'd as the "religious one" for too long and as a result our men have become passive and lazy. This satanic lie has been created to convince the male laity to slide out of church life and be replaced by equally deceived women.

Christianity doesn't, the effeminates and homos who have infiltrated the church and run the seminaries seem to.

Another devotee of the "common sense is of the devil" sect. Monastic life is quite masculine, however life in the monasteries these days is nothing to fear for the soft and worldly materialistic man, since life in the monastery has so precious little to do with a genuine monastic life.

This. Effeminacy is a sin, especially for a man, but what is neglected by most of mainstream conservatism (and this has huge overlap with mainstream "Christian" commentators), is that the corresponding sin of females is rebellion. Rebellion against their husbands, against the Church, against the "Patriarchy", against all right order which places the masculine and feminine in their proper roles. Right now women everywhere, and this is not exempting Christian women, are largely in the grip of the spirit of rebellion, to an even greater extent than modern man is in the grip of effeminacy.

The Catholic church isn't the Lord's church.

Christianity deserves to fall because of the cowardice it encourages.

Hail Satan, soyboys.

Truth is insult, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery…

75% of the young men from my Reformed Presbyterian became soyboys. They were passionate about Reformed theology from 16-20, then a lot of them started being much more liberal. While I don't think it would be fair to blame Tim Keller… I blame Tim Keller. It seems like he was the doorway for them. Many have gone on to either reject the faith, leave for a liberal church, or try to make their church SJW-friendly while microbrewing beer, getting tattoos, and debating whether or not we should watch Game of Thrones.

25% were guys who studied theology, got swole at the gym, listened to trad Presbyterian pastors, and moved toward either more confessional Presbyterianism, or Traditionalist Catholicism and Orthodoxy (like myself).

I could put the blame on a lot of things, but in my case the reason I didn't slip was the prayers of my parents, their faithfulness and concern for the salvation of my soul, and fighting the passions of my own soul. I think that it's interesting that it seemed to be the men who went to the gym and became more conservative socially and politically than the others that seemed to fighting the hardest against the sins of lust and sloth.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, kid.

No cap that's my current goal.

To make christianity dope.

To make it cool to be a good person

Focus on jesus's teachings (buddhas) and not him

Only westernized Christianity

Attached: pure alpha.jpg (448x298, 50.87K)

This.

Attached: 607382664-612x612.jpg (612x401, 44.41K)

It needs lead user. In it's neck.

2 and 4 have the thumbs out which means "I love you" in American Sign Language.

It's about masculinity quite a bit. Only a fool would think otherwise. Their savior tore shit up when he saw the money changers and continually threatened fire and damnation towards sinners. He also told peter to pick up his sword after he left. The thing he didn't tolerate was joining a military and doing someone else's bidding, but he had no problem putting down problems and defending yourself. Turning the other cheek is more towards those that would offend rather than kill.

Lulz, they banned him because he told the truth.

I mean shit, Christ would argue against the jews and Sadducees of his time and continually turned the other cheek for their harsh words. This one tells a truth and bam, banned. Not gonna make it anonmod.

May God rebuke you now so you will not be rebuked at the gates of Heaven.

Yeah, there's a lot of "be a little bitch" passages in the Bible.

Matthew 5:38-40
1 Peter 2:18–20

He's right. The lord's church is baptist and lynches queers. God bless the CSA!

Religious orders and asceticism are one of the most masculine things.

Literal quote from your book with jesus telling his followers to pick up swords because the time is at hand that prophecy should be fulfilled.

Funny that at least in America, and I imagine all "mainstream" religions in "first world countries" do this very thing. Selling "Christian" Cds, objects, books, etc.
If Christ was around he'd still flip his shit here too. I do with my words and become an outcast because I speak more truth than so called believers. A place of prayer and worship becomes diluted and filthy when the ways of the world are allowed to enter it. You people take from the earth, reform it into vain things and bring in loud music and needless regurgitation of the same thing over and over and look at the fruit of your work. Is the world not rife with "believers?"

Where are your real works? I actually have some and look at how I sound. If I can do it so can you, but it most certainly isn't going to be found in dogma, law, and the church in this age.

?

??

I've heard vain and false things from you until now, perhaps this is why you are rejected?

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

If you say that there is no Church, then there must be no Christ, for He promised us that it was built then and there, and will be with us until the end.

You know, I once thought vainly on this matter much like you, but there is more than enough precedence in the sacred scriptures for hymns, and loud prayers, and public worshiping to the Lord our God. I'm not a big fan of acoustic guitars and drums in the Church myself, yet, as long as these are in the praise of God, they are very much scriptural, as much as David's harp was.

It's odd that you guys rule him out so quickly, he did a lot to advance satanism in America. Where did this meme come from?

Do you have where that quite came from? in the video posted he was joking quite a lot.

>1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV 1900): Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

found the jew. Let's kill our parents if they don't act like parents, why honor them lololol

Is this the anti-kike Christianity I've been looking for? Can I stop iron-pilling?

The moderation of this board in a nutshell.

Robes and tunics are men's garments, user. Or are you one of those goobers who thinks Jesus wore a three-piece suit?