Father Of World Wide Web Launches Platform Which Aims To Radically Decentralize The Internet

"For people who want to make sure the Web serves humanity, we have to concern ourselves with what people are building on top of it,” Tim Berners-Lee told Vanity Fair last month. "I was devastated" he said while going through a litany of harmful and dangerous developments of the past three decades of the web.

That's why "the Father of the World Wide Web" has launched a start-up that intends to end the dominance of Facebook, Google, and Amazon, while in the process letting individuals take back control of their own data.

Berners-Lee's new online platform and company Inrupt is being described as a "personal online data store," or pod, where everything from messages, music, contacts or other personal data will be stored in one place overseen by the user instead of an array of platforms and apps run by corporations seeking to profit off personal information. The project seeks “personal empowerment through data” and aims to "take back" the web, according to company statements.

The man who created the world wide web by implementing the first ever successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client and server via the internet in 1989 lamented that his creation has been abused by powerful entities for everything mass surveillance to fake news to psychological manipulation to corporations commodifying individuals' information.

But he's long been at work on a new project to take the web back, described in depth by the business technology magazine Fast Company:

This week, Berners-Lee will launch, Inrupt, a startup that he has been building, in stealth mode, for the past nine months. Backed by Glasswing Ventures, its mission is to turbocharge a broader movement afoot, among developers around the world, to decentralize the web and take back power from the forces that have profited from centralizing it. In other words, it’s game on for Facebook, Google, Amazon.

zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-30/father-world-wide-web-launching-platform-radically-decentralize-web-week

Attached: Berners-Lee.jpeg (580x358, 27.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mQ0tE
youtube.com/watch?v=nS7FfbmDp7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It'll either flop or they'll murder him. Even so, I'll keep my eyes open.

So instead of storing all of your data in different places, he wants you to store all your data in one place, that being his place that he created. Online.

Mmm hmm. Not suspicious at all. It doesn't seem like his aim is decentralize the net, but instead centralize it around himself.

If you want to store your data, you don't put it online for one where it's easily accessed. Companies that store data are companies that sell data. Second, how exactly does anyone take someone at face value, especially a rising company that wants to fill a niche? The plain fact is that whatever the intent of the man, his system will be abused by others within his system, it's only natural with all that data to sell.

The plain fact is that you can't trust companies based on what they say. Trust cannot be given cheaply.

Well fuck that bullshit then! I thought he was creating a new massive decentralized P2P client for normfags!

I'll just stick to Soulseek, Tribler, Bittorrent and the image boards then….. fuck this guy….

You can run your own server and store your data there:
"You can have as many PODs as you like, and they live on Solid enabled Web servers. Install the Solid Server on your own server at your home or workplace, or Get a Solid POD from a listed provider."
archive.is/mQ0tE
Looks like the idea is to store your own data and let authorized people access parts of it. Having a common data architecture allows the creation of purpose-built apps for accessing the data. So you'd have an interface like facebook where you could ask people permission to look at their data but the interface itself would never own the data.

Oh, thats really bad ass then. I'm going to keep an open mind and see what happens. If others like it, and it has a good reputation (no censorship) then I might join it too. Hopefully he is making it for ALL operating systems!

Holy quads

Attached: 1396790903202.png (626x461, 348.51K)

there is NO PLATFORM

that cannot be accessed

b y t h e N S A

badass
is one
w o r d

everything that isn't on I2P or on the darkweb is datamining

I2P is the future, assuming it takes off, if not then 1984 microsoft 10 and facebook are

I've been looking into this and it seems pretty cool, but I WILL NOT put any of my personal info into one of these "pods", however I would not mind creating an alias and sharing content!

youtube.com/watch?v=nS7FfbmDp7U

I don't give a FUCK about the NSA, though I still do use plenty of security tweaks. If they want to follow my spastic IP hopping, metadata spoofing, conspiracy fueled, anger driven, alias ridden madness then whatever, they're wasting away tax payer money for NOTHING.

If You do that, I will educate everything that comes into contact.I will litarally teach Hundrends of millions of people of how to fight.
How about it, Just for shits and giggles go ahead and do it.

I will Litarally teach the Masses how to Send objects into outerspace.
I will teach Psychopaths perfection.
Do it. Ruin the internet and I will Make Sure it gets fucked up beyond recognition
hooktube.com/watch?v=IU3nyBtl1vU.

Do you know ANYBODY who has ever been harassed by the NSA?

I've met NSA employees, and their nice people.

The only way the NSA is bad is if that power eventually gets misused by future leaders who may be politically radical.

FAKE NEWS. AL GORE CREATED INTERNET

The FBI does the dirty work, the NSA just, say, tells then where a TOR exit node is so the FBI can raid it.

What if you use a VPN and activate Tor? Thats another layer of obfuscation right?

yup
don't put all them eggs in one basket

I thought he was creating a new massive decentralized P2P client for normfags!

Attached: index.jpg (276x183, 6.57K)

That's not how you spell "Al Gore."

True. Very true. I'll wait to see this unfold, if its truly decentralized and does not condone any censorship I might test it out for sharing content/media with others. If not, oh well.

it's STILL spelled 'they're'…..

but as soon as they change it
I'll make sure my people
get in touch with your people

Attached: IMG_20181001_170158.jpg (3456x4608, 3.02M)