America In A Rut As Labor Participation Among Men Plummets To All Time Lows

Is there a labor shortage in the U.S.? Employers are shouting "yes." Economists keep looking for wage increases as evidence of a labor shortage, and since wage increases are still relatively modest, the argument that there are severe labor shortages in parts of the U.S. is unpersuasive to many conventional economists.

But if we look at "we're hiring" signs and billboards, it's clear employers are having trouble filling available positions. Longtime correspondent Harvey D. recently submitted this list of billboards advertising job openings in South Carolina:

"Here's a sample of billboards in upstate South Carolina, a heavily industrialized area along I-85:

Michelin - $16.50 & up to start, depending on experience.

BMW - $18.50 & up (not to mention that they're going to build the 23,000 Amazon delivery vans there.)

MAU (staffing firm) - $18.50 & up for forklift operators; they have 3,000+ students in industrial skill training courses in GA/SC/NC/AL

DHL (staffing) - need forklift & general machinists, $20 & benefits

Greenville Tech (vo-tech school) - recruiting students for master welding classes, you can make $80K w/ 5 yrs experience.

Even Chick-Fil-A is offering $13 w/ bennies for full/part-time if you can pass a drug test and are 18+…

every trucking firm & almost every business has a banner in their front yard saying "WE'RE HIRING".

There are numerous theories about the causes of labor shortages and the lack of wage pressure. One reality Harvey described in his email is the difficulty small businesses have in raising wages as 1) the cost of benefits such as healthcare insurance skyrocket, pushing total compensation costs higher even if the wages employees see remain the same and 2) the difficulty in passing on higher labor costs.

Few small businesses are monopolies; if prices move up, customers go elsewhere or put off the purchase. Even corporations' ability to raise prices without losing sales is limited, hence the popularity of reducing quantity (the ever-shrinking serving size) or quality (appliances with inferior components that fail in a few years, etc.)

Let's look at the labor participation rates for the populace at large, women and men. The labor participation rate reflects the percentage of the population that's in the workforce, either working or actively looking for work.

That the number of people in the workforce has declined significantly is well-known. The US Census pegs the number of people 'not in the labor force' at 95 million.This includes people who are disabled, in school, etc., so the number should be taken with a grain of salt. But the decline in the relative size of the labor force is stunning: archive.fo/knr7S

Attached: America In A Rut As Labor Participation Among Men Plummets To All Time Lows.png (550x468, 30.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/population/qa01101.asp?qaDate=2014
youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw
youtube.com/watch?v=MM0XHJS3GgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is really, really bad.

Let me answer this with a question…what does this horrible economy has to offer for the common citizen, that is worth the inhumane degradation it dishes out upon them?

Employment = Enslavement = Suicide

it's easy to understand
why nobody responds
to these billboard ads

THEY CAN'T READ !!

American citizens are some of the least
educated people on planet earth

see?….. thank you for proving my point

HAVE*
not 'has'

Americans are the least educated people on planet Earth

let me question you with an answer:

you're illiterate

I read "The Swiss Family Robinson"…does that count for something?

Attached: The Swiss Family Robinson.jpg (700x1043, 229.87K)

I'm a professional illustrator
I was born with a natural talent
I am my own career, and I've
been my own boss since age 15

you?…. well now, let's
just be honest here

your mother helped you apply for disability based on your schizophrenia

lol @ you pretending that
you made a logical choice
not to work hahahahaha

congratulations on the 'finally completed a coherent sentence' accomplishment

Roasties can't milk hardworking men of their cash in the welfare states if all men become NEET. Roasties BTFO.

only a fucking idiot gets a job by the hour

you guys all have some kind of
specialized talent or skill, and
you can perform this skill for
others, as a contractor….

No user, it actually depends what kind of job you have AND where you live. In some fields you can make a decent amount of money but if you live in high-taxed overpriced cities then you can basically save nothing and it sucks. If you find a decent trade you may not make too much but if your living in a less populated area the homes are sooooo much cheaper and less taxes you have to pay, so you can end up saving a lot of money.

All depends what you do and where you live. And if you don't avoid student loan debts thats YOUR fault.

….says the guy who has never had a job OR a girl…..

OMG here we go again with the 'high-taxed overpriced cities' bullshit

Well you can live that way for a while, till your parents die I guess. Next what?

THATS BECAUSE ALL THE ILLEGAL NIGGS ARE GETTING DEPARTED AND THEY CANT SNEAK BACK IN. Americans are now getting to fill those positions. Jobs are popping up everywhere now because of Trump and his tougher imigration laws. You will also notice they took all they're work trucks so now truck sales are up. DUIs and Violent Crime may also go down.

Attached: Funny-Donald-Trump-Meme-Deport-The-Illegals-Every.Last_.-Juan-Picture.jpg (618x412, 58.16K)

I find it ironic how the men who are the most paranoid about 'women trying to take advantage of them' are also the exact same men that NO WOMAN HAS EVER BEEN INTERESTED IN

It is 100% fucking true and you know it. Some areas are very overpriced and most working class people cannot afford living there, or if they do they are up to their eyeballs in debt waiting for the right crisis to lose everything!

obviously you seem to be unaware that more illegal immigrants have entered America in the past two years than had crossed our borders in the entire Obama administration

100% TRUE………

research it, dum dum

it actually balances out

And now draw a comparison between what your future looked like from back then when you started and what it would look like if you start now. Looks rather bleak for future generations now, doesn't it?

Why do you assume to comment on burdens of the common man, when you where born privileged?

Again. What does that have to do with a thread about labor shortages?

That's 29% of the population.
Looking up the actual stats on the population of youths (0-17) in the U.S., that brings the number down quite a bit: ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/population/qa01101.asp?qaDate=2014
Down to 21 million, which is a small 6.4% of the population.
So, nothing to worry about.

if you're the type of person who 'gets his data from a rambling Trump speech', you'd probably think that we've taken a chunk out of the undocumented Mexicans ….

but that's not the case…….

in the past two years, more undocumented Mexicans have crossed our borders than in the previous 8 years

the only answer is to have third world immigrants - tens of millions of them within the next two years.
without this, the United States will not survive.
lots and lots of negroids, I can't explain why, but lots of them. Arabs too, as they are peaceful. pajeets and gooks are secondary choices.

How does it "balance out"? The one dude that bragged about living in the Bay Area inherited his home. Most working people don't have that luxury of inheriting a home. Especially in such expensive areas. If you are making 50K a year to live off of you cannot be buying a 500K house.

wrong… I'm not privileged at all

ALL OF YOU GUYS HAVE A NATURAL TALENT, GIFT, OR SKILL

you know exactly what I'm saying… The cost of living balances out with wages earned in those particular areas, which is exactly how people can afford to live there

FUCK OFF COMMIE

What you're doing is running away from a rabidly growing injustice called capitalism, that will soon find your hiding place and corrupt it just like the big cities you're talking about. And if you fall for that system you'll either be enslaved until you die or you start exploiting the shit out of mankind to secure your position at the top.

EVERY ONE OF YOU YOUNG MEN HAS A SKILL, A TALENT, A 'NATURAL GIFT'…..

use it

I can make fart noises with my foreskin…how do I go into business with that?

The basement age is upon us

Attached: 1397105083030.jpg (2981x2214, 1.08M)

Thats decades and decades away. I live about 90 miles from the nearest city. I only drive near the city when I need to stock up on some goods which is only once every two months. I get bulk supplies and stash them away, and rotate everything.

My home cost 90K back in the 70s when I took a mortgage on it, long paid off now. The average home in my area sells around 150K to 180K now days, some homes with a decent chunk of land too.

Your old age is showing, Neptune…the finding process of that natural talent is already so heavily corrupted by capitalism, that every kind of artist gets exploited the very second one of his arts finds an audience. Selling out, before he even started to make something worthwhile.

Capitalism destroys the past, exploits the present and corrupts the future.

No other system has proven better either. All empires fall user. Your "utopia" does not exist either.

hahahahaha

I'm not saying all of you are artists

i AM saying all of you have some kind of hobby that you turned into aspecialized skill

Capitalism doesn't grow steadily, it explodes exponentially, and with every step forward it destroys another thing of the past. You also shouldn't forget that you're part of nearly 8 billion humans, referenced and abused by capitalism as numbers.

sounds like nature, all life ends to suffering and death, and humans haven't invented sustainable replacement system, so see you in hell

I never spoke about other systems or an utopia, but present day capitalism needs a roof and pronto, otherwise we all go down in flames. Everyone has to realize that capitalism is being operated by organized crime and that all their laws are only in effect to protect criminals from being punished.

my old age has been showing for the past 30 years, just by looking at my wrinkled old face…….

shit, even when I was 15, I already
looked like I was in my 30s…

Fantasy world, old man…the majority is just a bunch of regular, everyday, normal motherfuckers.

youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

Wrong. Nature is always a balanced circle of life and death. Which is largely irrelevant to our all everyday problems, since it's out of our reach, but a certain group of "allegedly" human origin, actively sabotaging natures balances is our problem. The ones steering capitalism with greed, are an acute danger to us all.

How is America in a rut if men dont work. We have strong independent women who dont need men to do the work for us. They can do any work a man can do but better

They'll end up ruining everything, just watch. Look at any woman leader or bureaucrat today as an example. I'm not saying that as a NEET woman-basher either, but the evidence is very clear throughout modern history. Women are driven by emotion and that is their weakness which is easily corruptible and exploited.

And yet they can't even get elected president, even with all the money in the world, the biggest propaganda machine spinning lies 24/7 and while committing the most treasonous crimes a politician can get away with.

Attached: Cunt.jpg (474x474, 32.85K)

facts and statistical figures have very little value to me

a lot of people poo poo 'anecdotal' evidence, which is ridiculous

for me, I've always made my decisions based upon my REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES

and in my many many many years on Earth, I've always found that women are far more intelligent than men, and actually much harder workers

She was the cultural Marxist's ace in the hole to brute force the feminist agenda all across the US. Even as bad as it is now……. thank God that bitch failed.

I'm not saying they are not hard workers, they are, but women are much more greedy and often have emotional problems. This makes them so much easier to corrupt in the workforce. In government? Oh wow…….the worst!

They have endless an resupply of degenerate scum ready, also available in every color of the rainbow. Don't ever let your guard down.

youtube.com/watch?v=MM0XHJS3GgM

although I realize what you're trying to say, I'd have to point at the Kavanaugh hearing, and use Dr. Ford's composed, credible, convincing testimony (juxtaposed against Kavanaugh's emotionally unstable, insincere, obviously distractive and disingenuous behavior) as an example of how childish men can be

I could believe that.

like I said, I realize the point you're trying to make regarding women given power in government, and while I agree with you in general (especially black women) I would have to play The Devil's Advocate and remind you that when men in government demonstrate the same negative attributes, we tend to praise them…..

And how many month of harassment, threats, public pressure etc. did he have to endure to get to that point? A harassment agenda forced upon him by females (and their financial aides).

I don't really honestly believe her. Not saying I know she is lying, but if her accusations were true why would she pull a stunt like this 30+ years later? And being a democrat, liberal activist who used to be a loose goose party girl at a young age? At the very worst, or best, its comical and should have been tossed aside.

That's why such places suffer shortages of daycare workers, janitors and the like. They don't earn enough to live near the upper-middle class. It's really not hard to understand that when you limit building in a set attractive area, prices will soar an,d price out lower wages. Supply and demand, and upper classes' kikery.

I'm not 'white knighting' anyone

I don't need to…..
REAL LIFE speaks for itself

and in real life, I've always found that women make much better employees, unless you need a pile of bricks loaded and hauled, or collecting garbage at your curb…

men are embarrassing as shit

I don't praise that behavior, I'm just saying most women tend to be driven by emotions - its OK because thats the way females are naturally, but they are easily corruptible and exploited for it.

Because for a man to become driven by emotions is uncommon, and it gets praised because he always falls back to the status quo of the shoulder to lean against. Therefore being emotional is an added bonus to a stable character.

Some men can be just as ridiculous yes, but due to high estrogen levels women have emotional factors than most men don't. Its not an insult, but it is true.

"Shortage" is an economic term. It does NOT mean what you think it means.Shortage doesn't mean that there's 50000 trucks sitting around doing nothing.
Shortage means that there's 1000000 jobs and 2000000 applicants, so that each company can only reject one or two guys before they are forced to take one. "Shortage" is economic speak for "there aren't enough people to let us buttfuck the people working in this industry".
Germany has constant claims of shortages, but they are based upon a statistic where you need at least seven applicants per position before it isn't considered a shortage anymore.

what happened back then
isn't really all that important

(I'm not saying I believe her or disbelieve her) I'm just saying she was VERY CREDIBLE in her behavior, while he acted more like a little girl, which demonstrates that he doesn't have the temperament to sit on the supreme Court.

plus, he LIED about several things that had nothing to do with the incident itself

he blatantly lied and distracted and lashed out and answered questions with angry questions and refused to answer other questions.

(and she DID discuss the matter with people many years ago, which proves that it wasn't fabricated for this moment in history)

listen, dude… he wasn't charged with a crime. the accusation wasn't necessarily a criminal act. she said he grabbed her tits and covered her mouth. it wasn't a 'rape' or anything…..

but pay attention:
he's a JUDGE, an attorney and a judge

he knows courtroom protocol

and you don't have to be an attorney to know that even in a murder case (or in this case) YOU DONT LOSE CONTROL IN THE COURTROOM BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU LOOK GUILTY AS FUCK!!!!

no….. no it isn't

especially during the recent hearing

I already said that I base my beliefs and decisions on my (anecdotal) REAL LIFE experiences…. on what I've seen and learned for myself, by studying life around me, by learning how people behave, and their character…..

that's why I didn't necessarily 'believe or disbelieve' her words (although she certainly didn't seem deceptive in any way)

but I watched with my own eyes

and I definitely saw HIM BEHAVE LIKE A LYING, UNSTABLE, INSINCERE, CRYBABY, SISSY BITCH

Their reactions all depends what each of them have gone through and we don't know for sure what these people have gone through. For all we know the whole damn circus show could be scripted line by line. Who knows? Who cares? The media does because $$$ VIEWERSHIP $$$

are you aware that I've never had a normal 'job' in my life?

and ?…..

RE: A GIRL
try hundreds, dum dum
I've literally fucked over 600 women and teenaged girls in my life

no sir…..

wrong

No, I am right. Prove you know 100% what went down, show me all the evidence. If you can't then I'm right because I said we don't know for sure what happened and thats the truth…. unless YOU do know.

I'm not sure if you understood which part of your post I was suggesting was mistaken

Remember: all of this from that Ford dame to Kav … ALL OF IT …. is mere accusations. That's why the FBI is re-investigating it right?

Not only this, but staying at home is literally being oppressed. Men can make this selfless sacrifice for women so that they can spend great lives at work while we deal with the horrible burden they worked so hard to escape. No need to thank us, ladies, our own sense of justice and desire to help is enough.

Dr. Ford isn't the one who convinced me that she was telling the truth. It was Kavanaugh's behavior that convinced me she was telling the truth

Was it the media part about viewership $$$ because thats too obviously true. That debacle boosted TV news viewership BIG TIME.

he pretty much bitchslapped you, user

Whatever. Fact is we don't know, I don't either and nor do I give a flying fuck what he did 30+ years ago. Why should he be judged for something he did in high school? Nuts!

Yes it is. Problem with the courtroom is, that it's inside an already corrupted system of injustice. The rule of law was overridden by charlatans to make money by playing courtroom dramas. Those criminals invented their own language to fool people, and twist laws until they fit their agenda. And if all else fails…there's always bribing.

Obviously representative of the entire US, of course
Downtton on experience = minimum wage
Skilled labour
Skilled labour
Skilled labour, minimum wage without forklift license (that ones from personal experience)
Not a job
Are they though?

Over a hundred years of Hollywood bullshit and you still firmly believe what you see through a camera? Hopeless.

I'm suggesting that you were mistaken because you're either intentionally or unintentionally recognizing the fact that THE HEARING IS EXTREMELY HISTORICAL, and based on the pivotal Roe vs Wade aspect, America's desire to see it transcends any 'marketing' revenue aspect

so, you watched Kavanaugh's behavior…

but you didn't see the human being behind the behavior?

take your meds

your bizarre dissociative conspiratorial schizophrenic inability to perceive real life is eye opening……….

now I finally realize why you think Trump is actually cool and smart

Priceless.

I didn't watch any of it and still know that is all bullshit. Always ask yourself who benefits from a spectacle like that, then assume the worse and you might catch a sliver of what kind of crime they really trying to slide with a public puppet show like that.

AGAIN: based upon the behaviors demonstrated that day…..

Dr. Ford seems like she would be a very good Supreme Court Justice…..

and Cavanaugh should apply for a job as a blubbering crybaby whiny overly emotional histrionic angry divorced housewife

Give me a fucking break already! We have gone through this before. This is NOT about Roe vs Wade it is about the very few freedoms we have left which "progressives" want to obliterate such as Freedom of Speech, Property Rights, Right to Self Defense / Bear Arms…. along with pushing through carbon taxes and other anti-human culling laws.

all the colleges are flooded with communists and any labor you find is pretty much automated. why is anyone suprised? can't learn shit when your surrounded by 100s of screaming commies

hint: if you think anybody has benefitted from ANYTHING our government has done in the past 70 years, you would be fooling yourself

this is ONLY about Roe vs Wade

lol

Agreed user. I tuned out years ago. I don't buy any of it anymore. I know what they want taken away from me: freedom, dignity, privacy and my humanity with it.

I your head. And in the heads of the zombie brainwashed idiot masses I assume too.

The trillion dollar Apple leadership amusingly smirks at your comment, while sipping the finest wine out of the overturned skull of an infant.

Niggers. Simple as that.

Attached: Fonz.jpg (339x425, 30.7K)

That I could believe ironically, it has gotten so bad why can't it get worse? It always does!

No thanks, I've got more important shit to do like play video games and jerk off.