Is DMT spiritually significant? Any anons here had experiences?

Is DMT spiritually significant? Any anons here had experiences?

Attached: 29CC4940-FD25-4BED-B958-8F3E04A120B1.jpeg (640x360, 82.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqtvuzcL84M
rulu.co/episodes/mind-field-2x2/
massbible.org/exploring-the-bible/ask-a-prof/answers/pharmakeia
aeon.co/essays/is-psychedelics-research-closer-to-theology-than-to-science
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Heard that's some pretty insane stuff but haven't tried it, I've only ever used acid and weed. I've quit that stuff now though.

pharmakeia is a sin

Isn't this something that Johnny Neptune did a lot of?

Nice quads. People who use it insist the experience feels as real as reality, if not moreso. They report interacting with intelligent beings. From a Christian perspective this would raise the question of whether these beings might be demonic, although that may not always be the case. I would say they may be experiencing real spiritual phenomena, interacting with real beings, visiting other dimensions, etc. But I would not recommend it.

One of the biggest trap in the world is confusing psychic experiences with spiritual experiences.

"Astral travels" sleep paralysis, hallucinations, kaleidoscopic journeys and whatever are all stuff from the psychic realm. It isn't necessarily good or bad but it's often bad considering the era we live in where demons are on the loose.

Consider the lives of great saints. They didn't need any drugs to get their spiritual experiences. Prayers, prayers, fasting, and even more prayers is all you need.
The "sub"conscious is below the conscience for a good reason. In the same way hell is metaphysically below earth.
Think about it.

Attached: satan.jpg (480x360, 29.17K)

And if it isn't clear to you, learn the difference between soul and spirit. Too many people thinks it means the same thing

Attached: spirit-soul-body-pt1b.jpg (735x567 32.47 KB, 53.07K)

Can you elaborate, or give a link explaining the difference?

Well, you said how man is said to have been made in God's likeness, right? It's because you have (or you are?) a spirit.
The spirit it at the center of yourself and comes from God, or the heavens. This is what makes us immortal and able to percieve the things from above. Angels are pure spirits

The Soul however, is what defines you as an inidivual. Every human being has the same spirit (which is why you've got to love your neighbour as yourself), but each soul is unique and shapes you as an individual.
Every living creatures in fact.
But while animals have souls, they don't have a spirit, which is why they're excluded from heaven and hell.

As Greek distinguishes soul and spirit by different words: pysche vs. pneuma, so Hebew also distinguishes soul and spirit: nephesh vs. ruach

TL;DR :
Spirit = The heavenly part of yourself that makes you a children of God. Angels are pure spirit
Soul = (You), your individual self, what makes you unique. Demons and animals also have souls, but no spirits.

Attached: Spirit soul body.png (619x441, 333.27K)

Well you know*

Also the soul is stronger than we think. It's not just reason and our imagination. Do you think "New Age types" who claims to have had "experiences" all lied? Or the dudes in /fringe/ and /x/?
No. I don't doubt they went to the "astral" as they call it, and anybody can do it with enough training (and drugs) but it's a realm of chaos and confusion with more dangers than nuggets of truth.
There's a reason why christianism forbids the use of magic.
Prayer is all you need. Your spirit is strong.

The image you posted reminds me of pic related.

Attached: YHVH_in_Megami_Tensei_II.gif (224x104, 5.7K)

Why is this /fringe/ crap on Zig Forums?

Who’s to say the herbs they cultivated for medicinal purposes didn’t have some kind of effect on their mind/soul?

DMT isn’t magic dude. Also consider the fact that DMT is in every living organism humans animals plants etc. If it is in every organism it must play some crucial aspect to what gives us life in the first place. God probably put it there for a reason.

Magic is a science. It's not some nebulous spooky stuff without rules or anything. "Psychic powers" is another word for "magic" it doesn't matter
Psychotropic drugs (note the "psych" - soul- suffix) can absolutely be used to "open your mind" to "other worlds"
However the vast majority of people who use DMT and other drugs are
1)New age mundanes who wants cheap """"spiritual"""" escapism (read about Ayahusca and how much it damages people)
2) Shamans and sorcerers.

Now I don't doubt some saints might, perhaps, have used some herbs to help them but they had a certain knowledge and experience with the spiritual realms to begin with.
We have hundred of writings by saints talking about their experiences. There's no shortcut to reach God and taking DMT certainly isn't going to beat years of prayers, fasting and sharpening one's moral character.

Now feel free to take DMT if you want, I did my part. You're playing with fire.

Attached: thomas merton.jpg (2309x877, 527.75K)

Not that I said DMT was better than prayer, but keep on making assumptions

It definitely shows you the illusion of "reality".

This is spot on , #1 described me when i was smoking it.

Only spiritual if God hijacks the experience otherwise its just dreamlike delusions due to chemical imbalances .
Is overdosing on codiene or alcohol spiritual? No, not in themselves.

But God could turn anything spiritual.

If Prayer>DMT, then what is even the question here?
Prayer:
DMT

Not if you know how to extract it
If you have your mind in the wrong place already, then yeah, but not always
DMT is pretty potent, dude
They say that about a lot of things.

what benefit did you receive from DMT and why do you suppose it has anything to do with authentic spirituality? elaborate

Trolling is a art.

This. Psychic experiences (with or without drugs) won't remove you from God but it certainly will not be encouraged.

Are you Roman Catholic?

I willl say this. DMT can be used to plant a seed of doubt about the nominalist and materialist consumer society into the mind of an atheist. You have scientists who say that DMT is a Neurotransmitter that connects to the brain and makes the brain send out distorted hallucinatory signals that are just chaos to the senses. But to the user , they are going beyond this dimension and touching the face of Krishna or Buddha.

Perhaps this will plant a seed that human beings are inherently spiritual beings. And maybe that seed can lead them to Christ.

No, anything that comes out of a lab may as well come from satans chemistry set itself. If it dont come from nature as God created it is a tool of the devil.

You are so ignorant. DMT is a chemical found naturally in the human brain as well as pretty much every plant and organism to some degree. Try looking things up before you post again.

Literally just guesses atm.
Even if the brain did produce it, why would you take it exogenously? Males produce small amounts of estrogen as well, but taking it exogenously can be very harmful.

Regardless, DMT is not an artificial lab creation and you outed yourself as a brainlet.

but i'm not that other guy, we have ID's here…

Created things don't lead people to God, but instead God hijacks created things and uses them for his purposes. There's no reason to suppose your DMT experience will get hijacked by God and lead you to him anymore than being drunk, high, or injecting any other unhealthy substance into your body.

Also experiencing hallucinations isn't a good way to validate the immaterial realm.

>this much interpolation of scripture
Remove that second pic. It lies.
>Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Spirit, and soul and body are mentioned as separate categories of the self.
The rest is interpolation of scripture and DEEPLY erroneous for if nothing else the Spirit informs our will, not our emotions. The will is the seat of a man's spirit, it is from the will that a man drives his life, not from his mind or his emotions.
That's because they LACK adequate self-control – they lack will to control themselves.
>A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
And making the connection between body and mind is just lazy philosophy: the emotions have probably more impact on the flesh than the mind does, and the will trumps both.
No, just remove it.

First one is fine though.

Attached: furious-rage-deer-is-displeased.jpg (233x303, 21.3K)

(checked)
>youtube.com/watch?v=yqtvuzcL84M
>rulu.co/episodes/mind-field-2x2/
This is of interest to me – for science, of course.
I'm fascinated by Michael.V.Sauce's description that the things he imagined had far more detailed constructions – the elephant trunk's number of wrinkles – and this being reflected in the far higher levels of brain activity, that the imagination was basically in overdrive because the DMT was spurring neurons to fire.
Secondly, this concept of the self, that neuroscientists have started wrestling with, that psychedelics can dissolve some of and make people feel "at one with the world, duuuude", suggests that selfishness, self-centredness is not just a sin, but a neurological or psychological construct of the mind to help preserve the creature, that is the mind's "self"-preservation, this "self"-ishness, is a contributing factor toward physical self-preservation. That we self-identify with this "self", this construct, fascinates me.

Understanding the mind is one of the last frontiers of science, imho, and that it seems to hint at a depth we can barely fathom consequently attracts me as a field that has enormous potential. By this I mean that just as Heisenberg notes that toward the bottom of the glass of quantum physics God sits smiling, I feel mind-research is going to afford some uncomfortable discoveries and conversations that may force God upon us.

This isn't an advocation for psychedelics, of course, more an encouragement for science to get to the practical research.

As for whether it would bring you closer to God … I think the whole field is like science itself: agnostic, neither for nor against God, and moreso heavily dependent upon what baggage you bring with you. If you have pre-conceived notions about psychedelics being the debil, you're going to have a bad time, of that I'm sure. I DO, however, think that uncontrolled messing with the mind can be dangerous and completely lacking in wisdom. Frankly, I'd just want to see what strange and wondrous creations my imagination conjures for me to see, but I'm not likely to ever take it.

>pharmakeia is a sin
Not to get into trying to refute that, but
>massbible.org/exploring-the-bible/ask-a-prof/answers/pharmakeia

Attached: science-makes-theists-heisenberg.jpg (515x200, 26.42K)

it would seem you are the brainlet, and any external source comes from a laboratory

Actually wanted to talk about this:

aeon.co/essays/is-psychedelics-research-closer-to-theology-than-to-science

So congrats, you are either hallucinating placebo effect and prelest, confirming whatever bullshit internal spiritual headcanon you already have, or are communing with literal demons.
Do any of those options seem like a good idea?

Btw, same shit for NDE's.
There actually seems to be some evidence for a immaterial soul in those things, but the experiences themselves are highly dependent on your cultural expectations(an evangelical will go see Jesus that will recite prottie theology, a catholic will high five St. Peter, standing at the Pearly Gates with his keys, a muslim will be screwing around with wine and houris in Jannah, an agnostic will see vague, fluffy cloud heaven, etc.)

In the interest of truthfulness, that quote is fake.
But Heisenberg was a devout lutheran.

Attached: augustine-of-hippo-if-you-believe-what-you-like-in-18226909.png (500x522, 153.18K)

4th century*

DMT sources has been made by native tribes (ayahuasca) without a lab and it can homemade. So no, it is not from a lab

Alien space ships feel wierd man

And aztecs/mayans used that shit during their human sacrifice rituals. What is your point?
No one in this thread explained why poisoning your brain is supposed to bring you closer to God.
Sobriety is the optimal mental state for man.

Alien space ships feel wierd man

Jamie pull up that video of those aliens landing in Florida and wrestling alligators inside that Baptist church.

Ex psychedelic enthusiast here.
Do not take DMT.
It's not delusion or bullshit, it really sends you into the spiritual world and dissolves your ego. It completely rips you from this planet and shows you the true reality past the physical world.
You get to experience true communication for the first time, with entities that are undescribeable.
My experience with DMT was the most intense thing I've ever felt in my life. I advise against trying it even if you're a non-believer.

It is what shamans and sorcerers took to communicate with the spirits and gain knowledge of the spiritual world. I very strongly advise against communicating with those spirits. While most of these entities can be benevolent, it's 100% contrary to God's will to communicate with them, at least for now!
We are meant to feel separation from the spiritual world, otherwise God would not have banned sorcery.
You have to understand that you will endulge in the spiritual world eventually. You are already part of it. Reality is not merely what we see. But for now you are here, as exactly as God wills you to be.

One more thing to mention: DMT taken as a substance is very harmful to your mind and can bring you lasting demonic effects such as ptsd, anxiety, crippling depression, etc.

Attached: latest.png (824x538, 306.04K)

One more thing to add…
There are reports of meeting God whilst taking this substance.
I honestly don't think it's bullshit. In that state you can truly feel unconditional love for the first time in your life. And the thing about it is that it feels completely familiar and understandable in the moment. You know exactly that it's God's love you feel.
This happens because your perception of the physical world completely dissolves. Your body ceases to exist in the moment and you are virtually dead, and you know you are dead. You don't necessarily hear voices or see the entities or float in space, because, if you have a breakthrough on the substance, you don't even have a body anymore.
Coming down from my DMT trip, I felt exactly that and I was encouraged by the entities to tell everybody about what unconditional love was like.
It's beyond words and comprehension, and the best words for it are in Corinthians 13.
I highly suggest you read that instead of practicing shamanism.

I woke up from my trip laughing very euphorically and saying stuff like 'I know, I know, I know now.'

Also, the only DMT trip you ever need is the one you'll have when you die and your brain floods with the substance

This was never proven. It was *hypothesized*, and Redditors were all over it because it provided them with a """scientific""" explanation of NDEs.