Thanks To FACEBOOK, Hackers Stole Personal Info Of 14 Million People

Learn Proper OPSEC: >>>/prepare/22 | archive.fo/isnXt
web.archive.org/web/20180921124309/https://8ch.net/prepare/res/22.html

Facebook said on Friday that hackers were able to access the personal information of 14 million people through a security flaw that the company first disclosed last month, and that the data exposed included information such as recent check-ins and searches.

Facebook said in a blog post that people would be able to check whether they were affected by the attack by visiting a Facebook help center online. The company also said that in the coming days it would send customized messages to users to explain what information might have been accessed.

The social networking company disclosed two weeks ago that a security flaw in Facebook's "view as" feature had allowed hackers to see into and potentially take over people's profiles.

Facebook, the world's largest social media network with more than 2 billion users, has faced rising criticism that it has failed to protect people's privacy. It disclosed this year that the personal information of up to 87 million people was taken by the maker of a quiz app and then wrongly handed over to political consultancy Cambridge Analytica.

Facebook did not say who might have been behind the latest attack or if certain groups of people were targeted, but it said it was working with authorities including the FBI to investigate.

The company's initial estimate was that the recent attack affected almost 50 million accounts, a number it revised down on Friday. In all, the hackers stole "access tokens," a sort of digital set of keys, of 30 million people, Facebook said in its latest update.

Of those 30 million people, 15 million people had their name and contact details, such as phone number and email address, exposed.

Facebook said that for a second group of 14 million people, the attackers accessed information including "username, gender, locale/language, relationship status, religion, hometown, self-reported current city, birthdate, device types used to access Facebook, education, work, the last 10 places they checked into or were tagged in, website, people or Pages they follow, and the 15 most recent searches."

archive.fo/7F5tS
archive.fo/Y4iid
nbcnews.com/tech/security/facebook-says-hackers-saw-personal-info-14-million-people-n919531

Attached: Thanks To FACEBOOK, Hackers Stole Personal Info Of 14 Million People.jpg (1280x720, 62.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HPwGR
archive.fo/Q7RWG
archive.fo/VivZs
yro.slashdot.org/story/18/09/28/233249/facebook-faces-class-action-lawsuit-over-massive-new-hack
archive.fo/n0wBI
archive.fo/99col
youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

double

bump

Attached: PicsArt_10-13-11.46.38.jpg (1920x1080, 104.3K)

in other words, nothing that could cause you any problems at all

get some sleep, kilcen

Attached: PicsArt_10-13-11.49.34.jpg (1920x1080, 141.47K)

Sure. I'm paranoid because I link to a MAINSTREAM REPORT about Facebook getting hacked. And by the way, they lied, it was up to 50 million that got hacked and their data stolen… but I stick with the propaganda anyway……. and I'm still labeled a "kook."

In other words, you are dumb as a rock!

Its news. Zig Forums stands for Zig Forumsews. This board is meant for news. So what do I do? I post news here. Its news.

pay attention, chillcen….

I'm not saying this isn't a true story
because of course it's true

but who cares? because if
somebody doesn't realize
that using Facebook will
compromise your personal
information, then they are
so stupid that they actually
DESERVE IT……………………

and it's not just Facebook… it's ALL
social media platforms, all apps, all
websites, all email accounts……….

it's EVERYTHING……
if by this time, someone doesn't
already realize this fact, they're
fucking idiots. anyone who uses
Facebook is a douchebag anyway

but I'm not even necessarily
talking about this particular
story, or this particular thread

I'm talking about YOU, your state of mind
and where you are headed with your most
recent downward spiral, sir…………………..

MUH /KILLCEN/ MUH /SHILLCEN/ MUH SLUGGISH SCHIZOPHRENIA!
archive.is/HPwGR

shills are counting on the effectiveness of mentioning /killcen/ the same way they mention "cats cradle" or how the mainstream media mentions the word "conspiracy theorist" because they depend on normal people having a cognitive dissonance reaction so that all logic and reason automatically become ignored. everyone just makes a quick assumption about the person or issue or anything being discredited by what is essentially just advanced namecalling. they don't check to see if its true, or ask questions to figure out of what's being discredited is deserving of being discredited. they just assume they are being told the truth.

"cat's cradle! cat's cradle!"

this has nothing to do with cat's cradle, and in fact nothing has anything to do with cat's cradle as cat's cradle has nothing to do with anything. check fuckin m8

people usually gloss over threads when killcen is mentioned.
Something about knowing that someone's mind is corrupted makes them easy to outright ignore without a second thought.
It's something we have to watch out for. Eventually it could be used against us as individuals. (more so than it already is)

very cool quote:

and everyone knows it? who's everyone? your shill corporation owned office building?
I haven't been on /killcen/ before but if you think it's fake, you must be calling whatever you call /killcen/ fake as an insult right? I can't judge because I don't know what /killcen/ is about but you shills clearly want to associate /killcen/ with being something that people shouldn't trust.

from what I have heard /killcen/ means "kill censorship" and if you want to defame a board that claims to want to stop censorship and you seem to shill post on everything you don't like and cry "shitcen!" "killcen!" "shillcen!" it gives the impression that you want to stop /killcen/ from stopping censorship, and gives the impression that you want to censor people and information that you do not approve of.

if you are so strongly against /killcen/ that you predominantly seem to shill every board on Zig Forums by insulting pretty much every fairly truthful and well reasoned post and comment by telling them to "go back to shillcen" It honestly makes me wake up and believe that shills exist. it also motivates me to visit /killcen/ to see what it is that you shills hate so much and don't want people to know.

different forms of mental health discrediting tactics continue to be used in the world (besides internet shilling insults)
archive.fo/Q7RWG
archive.fo/VivZs

Yea yea fuck off

I would never label you as a 'kook'

because that's a derogatory term
and I'm not here to insult you, sir

all I'm doing is using clinical
diagnostic terminology to
assess my observations

my diagnosis of paranoid
schizophrenia is NOT an
insult

I called you CHILLCEN

as in 'chill'
as in 'cool'

it was a compliment

It is an insult to them because you are labeling them as something that other people view as disconnected from the truth and delusional so that nobody believe what they say because you don't want people to listen to them because it supports your goals you fucking piece of shit shill.

*throws a saddle on your back*

*sells rides to children in a backyard birthday party*

Class action when?

I never suggested that anyone is
disconnected from the truth

Fine. But I do not have schizophrenia. Paranoid, yes! Schizophrenic? NO!

I'm new here.
Why is thread all ad hominems?
Why do mods allow this cancer?

What cancer? This is the way Zig Forums has been for the last 4 or 5 years.

ITT cancer.
Attacking OP's personal life/imagined mental status rather than discussing his post.

you're one of those people who
always blames others for your
own mistakes and bad decisions?

or are you someone who realizes that anybody who clicks 'agree' on the EULA for Facebook (or any other service or product) has entered into a binding agreement, and YOU assume all the responsibility of allowing them to access whatever the fuck you allowed them to access?

it's not their fault if a third party 'hacked' or 'illegally obtained' this info

also, if you read the story, it clearly tells you what 'information' that got 'hacked'…

you give away much more info than that Everytime you post here, or play a video game

perhaps you don't, sir……

perhaps you don't……..

and if you DO, it's not necessarily a 'bad thing'… I only worry about the quality of your life

This cancer.
Also this level of obsession indicates poster's mental status is more questionable than OP's.

a third-party obtained this information afaik via a flaw in facebook's system that had been identified since July.

I hate to admit it but you are right. Due to the Terms of Service users have agreed to they DO NOT have any authority over what happens to their data. That is why it is STUPID to join Facebook.

So OP is doing a great service by informing everyone, once again, that this shit happens.

*without you noticing it, a ceiling panel opens on hinges directly above your head, and I quietly smile down on you as I drop a lit cigarette down the back of your shirt collar, then the panel closes*

also

it is decidedly

NOT COOL

to write like you're the psychedlic caterpiller

in…

Alice in Wonderland

It is actually an indicator of high-level psychosis according to my highest level of armchair psychiatrist qualifications.

/killcen/ has always been slapped with negative labels, nothing new here.

What are you, in third-grade? Please section yourself.

I don't know who killcen is, but whoever attacking him ITT is looking more like the mental case.

I have the distinct discomfort of feeling like I'm talking to a serial killer/stalker type that paints his face to disturbing music and sends videotape of it to his victims.

chillcen……….

check out this pic of my daughter…..
she's a pretty girl, isn't she?

I'm just curious if youve got kids

Attached: IMG_20181013_123000.jpg (720x1280, 133.04K)

You need to be banned, hideous troll.

I couldn't possibly agree with you any
more…..

in fact, perhaps you should
be the big 'superhero who saves the day'

No, I do not need to be anything you suggest you creepy mindfuck.

In fact, I think everyone should just ignore you.

you may not 'need to', but you WILL do whatever I tell you to do, bitch

good luck with that

I've already answered that in the other thread you asked earlier on.

Facebook Faces Class-Action Lawsuit Over Massive New Hack (theverge.com)
yro.slashdot.org/story/18/09/28/233249/facebook-faces-class-action-lawsuit-over-massive-new-hack
archive.fo/n0wBI
archive.fo/99col

the reason I ask is because I
realize that you are older than
most of these videogame boys
who hang out in here…………….

you're not as old as me, but you're no
spring chicken, either….. lol

you got any kids?

Attached: IMG_20181013_124038.jpg (720x1280, 184.79K)

He's best ignored. Don't answer him. He'll talk at you until he goes away.

no one knows. they tried to find out once. until they found out "killcen" has no online record and the obfuscation of metadata is supreme.

really ?…. you did?…..
damnit… I swear to God I don't remember you answering me…

of course I remember asking you,
but I don't remember the answer

I wasn't online at the time you asked. I came back online an answered it later.

you must be new here

I'll talk at them until THEY go away

ahhhh that explains it
because i must've been offline
by the time you answered it

I drop small bread crumbs to tease people with. Its all deliberate though. Most of my life will remain a big fat mystery.

I'm not trying to get all up in your business… I'm just curious if you have children or not… I'm trying to put your life into perspective so I can understand where your head is at a little bit better

That's a massive waste of time and you derail your own threads when people who actually read what you posted get driven away by the off-topic arguing.

kek

yeah, I understand that part

and dude, TRUST ME…..

I honestly don't care 'who' or what
or where you are…. I'm just
curious about what point
of life you're in…….

hahaha

"WAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

Zig Forums

Attached: jt2.jpg (1280x960, 276.92K)

Last stages, happily retired yet disgruntled watching the Endtimes unfold, trying to warn everyone else its all going down. Be prepared.

ME

Attached: plunger.jpg (650x450, 15.75K)

yes, of course I understand that

it's fairly apparent, in fact… But I'm still curious if you have children

One daughter, like I stated before, she's a grown woman now with a family. Thats all I will say about it.

I wish you wouldn't engage, but I'm not going to go on talking about it. Just don't say anything about yourself.
He's not telling the truth. Those photos are not of his daughter. He's a liar, and fucking with you.
Don't tell him anything about you.
Don't give him any ammo.
Don't give an inch.

wrong…. that IS indeed my daughter…
100% true….

you're beginning to seem like perhaps the most paranoid person on this entire website……

Last time I tried playing a video game TVs were still heavy, we had VCRs and the game was in pixels and each game was a big fat cartridge you'd hook up to the system. Never got into it very much, it was my daughter's system (I think it may have been the NES system not sure).

Attached: NES-Controller.jpg (400x362, 11.53K)

oh okay… well I wasn't even asking if you had a son or a daughter, just whether or not you had kids in general….

I'm not trying to find out about them… I'm trying to find out whether or not your focus on 'the impending doom' of the 'imminent end of times' upcoming apocalypse thing may have diminished some of your child's ability to simply enjoy her life and her youth while she still has it…..

or if perhaps it has created a small wedge between you, because it's kind of a bring down, kind of depressing and it really gets to become a nuisance, always focusing on the impending negative future…

I wasn't talking about you… I remember you telling me about the NES the other day

I was talking about the average demographic of Zig Forums and image boards in general

Nope, not at all. She always thought I was a "kook" even before being a prepper, a drunken kook that is. She got used to it, she's normal, always has been.

can you imagine having your perspective and ability to simply enjoy your youth 'sanded down' and diminished by somebody continually reminding you that the end of the world is right around the corner?

and even more interestingly…….

can you imagine dealing with that all throughout your Youth and into your Adulthood?

literally decades going by and the end of the world still never arrived

I bet a lot of young and old people hang out here, likely some middle aged folks too, when they get off work.

I think you might feel that I am suggesting that your daughter isn't normal…..

that's not what I'm suggesting at all

I'm not even suggesting that YOU are abnormal……

remember, I told you that from the age of around 11 or 12, back during the Cold War, I became obsessed with the exact same impending doom scenario, and I used to actually go around 'warning people', trying to get them 'prepared'

remember? I've already told you that I was very much like you, for decades….

I've been prepping for longer than you think, began prepping for the End Times in the late 90s before I became retired (Y2K). In my opinion, right on time too. Then when 9/11 happened, I went into overdrive prepping mode.

RE: Zig Forums demographics

I'm not talking about how many years they've been on the planet, because that does not determine how old they are in my opinion

hint: companies don't flush advertising dollars down the toilet. they base their advertising budgets on focus groups and demographic surveys, targeting a specific audience…..

(and when companies buy ad space on Zig Forums to hawk their embarrassing silicone tubes shaped like childish anime cartoons, for adult men to insert their penises into and masturbate….. that speaks volumes)

adults?…. perhaps

children?… BINGO!!!

what the fuck is going on in here
i click this to read details about the facebook leak and some mentally retarded fucktard with reddit spacing and larping abitions spams this thread with tldr cringe messages about how OP is paranoid
is this a joke or something
what the fucking actual fuck

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (960x540, 53.43K)

If children can buy sex toys today then I rest my case, this is the end of the world as we know it.

I never said anything about 'how long I think you have been prepping'….

all I said was that I used to be exactly the same way, and I started when I was like 11 years old, which would have been 1974………

and my paranoid 'prepping' propensity
lasted for decades…..

kill yourself you mentally retarded cringe shitlord

It should have lasted longer, look at the world we live in today, every kind of order is being derailed, every norm is being turned upside down!

SEX TOYS weren't my point

sex toys (dildos, buttplugs, benwah balls etc have been around for a very long time)

I was talkin much more about a recent developments of masculinity, a decreasing amount of masculinity in these past two generations, where men are so afraid of rejection, that they spend money to jack off into a tube of silicone, and try to 'mask their embarrassment and their failure' by telling themselves that women are evil.

in other words, your typical video game anime faggot

CORRECTION:

it should not have lasted longer….

it should have ended sooner…..

I was making myself miserable
thinking I was accomplishing something
I was actually destroying the quality of my life, while I was busy making other people's lives just as miserable, all the while telling myself I was doing them a favor…..

*hocks phlegm into your refrigerator*

FINAL QUESTION:

have you prepared a written notarized document, giving detailed instructions to your daughter on how to prepare for the end of the world, which will be delivered to her the day that you finally die ?….

because the world isn't about to end

there is no Armageddon coming, at least not anytime soon

and you wasted your life making yourself miserable, while you should have been enjoying the sunshine and feeling the breeze….

Look what is happening: Geo-eningeneering / chemtrails, toxins laced in the vaccines and food, universities now preaching Marxism openly, churches condone child molestation & the Pope is a covert Satanist who drinks childrens' blood, wars, DE-dollarization movements around the globe, Islamic/Arab/African migrant invasions of the Western worlds, WWIII is being "war gamed" (planned) already, mass insolvency, fluoridated water, sex and perversion run amok, drug use and overdoses are skyrocketing, massive poverty, 5G kill grid being installed…….. THIS IS THE END TIMES!

no sir….

the 'END TIMES' has been an ongoing process for centuries…….

AGAIN: you have not helped anyone

they don't need your fixation

because your fixation
is how you made yourself
unhappy for your entire life

youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

I do not think of my mood in such a way as "happy" or "unhappy" because its more sophisticated and complex than that. I thrive on information and events, it helps keep me invigorated, alive. Whether it is Good! or Bad! news, it is my fuel now.

Actually, the same way drinking hard liqueur was my fuel when I was a total drunk back in the day. I replaced that with news and events and prepping.

You where more fun when you were a drunk.

you're not a bad man, chillcen

you're not stupid

and I don't even think you have schizophrenia, now that we've had an opportunity to talk a little bit more

I just think you're lonely, and if somebody suddenly came into your life, they might be able to distract you, at least long enough for you to smell the roses and hear the birds chirp…

you're missing the whole point

YES, things are bad and they're getting worse…. but only if you focus on them, because the minute you stop focusing on the negative, you will realize that life is actually fantastic!!

we are all Lucky As Shit to be here right now !!!….. this is an amazing gift, this thing called life here on planet Earth

and you have made a decision to see a half Empty Glass

that's really unfortunate for you… Because that's exactly the way your daughter and your family and all of your friends and acquaintances look at their lives

you've made it needlessly complex (sophisticated my ass) and you insist on doing the same thing to other people

you're no fun

you insist on making other people depressed, and that's why they avoid you

and the end of times will still be an ongoing process for hundreds of years after you die

and once again it's important you realize that I'm not insulting you

in fact, I completely relate to you

I used to be pretty much exactly like you

and then I decided to stop making myself and everyone else around me so goddamn miserable because I was looking like a fool and I wasn't helping anybody

these days, if I'm going to make somebody miserable, I'll do it in here, and I won't pretend like I'm trying to give them good advice or help them out

I'll just keep it 100 and make them Miserable as fuck for absolutely no reason at all

I had more fun, sure. But half the things I did back then while drunk would land me in prison today. (Like driving drunk and bar fights). So forget that! We live in a police state and I'm glad I adapted in such a way to keep me away from violent niggers in cages. Rather be dead that wound up there.

PRISON: what an ironic metaphor

for the self-imposed cage
you have decided to live in

Serves them rite anyone on FB is just asking for it

Attached: FB_IMG_1534308677523.jpg (480x460, 26.96K)

like I said, you are not a stupid man

that's why it's amazing how you live in denial, pretending you are unaware that you have made yourself a miserable nervous wreck, and for all of your preparations, and all of your warnings, and be with each passing doomsday scenario that you have forced onto other people, still the Sun rose in the East this morning, the birds chirped, the wind blew, children laughed, lovers kissed, people overcame insurmountable obstacles, babies were born, and old people died….

the sun will set in the west tonight, and if life is going to continue…..

perhaps you should try remembering exactly where you threw away that key to the self-imposed prison you created for yourself, thinking you were improving the quality of your life and even more laughably, you actually thought you were going to improve the quality of other people's lives as well

wow

It's Johnny Neptune. A sperglord.

No, prison as in locked up against your will confined by asshole police who would beat the shit out of you if they don't like you and get away with it, having to protect your ass everyday from crazed nigger faggots who lurk all around every corner.

Like I said, I'd rather be dead than in a situation like that. The way I'm living now is not bad at all. I get to cook, read news all day and chat on the internet while paying my neighbor's kids to do my yard work once in a while. For most people thats luxury.

You can't fix stupid, can you? You can only warn people not to be stupid too.

.*lights a cigarette*

silently stares at you

it's a boring self-obsessed reddit autist, ignore it, it's pathetic.

L

O

L

Attached: PicsArt_10-13-02.16.20.png (1127x1080, 925.27K)

Yeah, but like…Facebook stole it first.