Why do you guys on here seem to dislike Seventh-day Adventists so much?

Why do you guys on here seem to dislike Seventh-day Adventists so much?

Look, I know that some of our practices are a little out of mainstream, but we're not Mormon or Jehovah's Witnesses tier! Yes the JWs did branch off from us (not directly our Church but the general Adventist movement), but we have nothing to do with them. They are a corrupted heretical splinter group of Adventist and their doctrines about God and the resurrection are 100% blasphemous and heretical.

We believe in the Trinity, we worship the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Three persons, but one essence/nature/substance as God. All equal. All omniscient. All eternal. All omnipotent. All omnipresent. Outside of space and time. The Son incarnated and became man as Jesus, having been born of the Virgin Mary through the Holy Spirit. We believe he lived, taught, and died for our sins on the cross due to his immense love for us, and three days later physically rose again from the dead and ascended into heaven 40 days later whence we now await his imminent coming to resurrect the saints. We believe in the Bible to be the total infallible word of God without error. We believe in literal six day creation as well as Adam and Eve and the literal flood. We believe in the prophets and the whole Old and New Testament. We believe in adult baptism, by full immersion in water, for the forgiveness of sins in the name of the Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe marriage is between one man and one woman, and that homosexual acts are sinful. We believe abortion is murder. We believe in these things. We firmly consider ourselves Christians.

Again, I do realize that certain of our practices are outside of the mainstream, but I would've never known Christ if it wasn't for my Seventh-day Adventist friend who invited me to his congregation one evening. Before I knew the Lord I was a total stoner secularist who didn't care about life. Christ fixed me. He filled me with the grace of the Holy Spirit. I have been a SDA Christian for five years now, and I have loved every minute of it. The community I'm a part a part of is so amazing, so loving, so caring, so Godly; they have helped me along the way in everything, they have supported me and prayed for me and been with me through hard times, and I have made numerous lifelong friends in my community. I love my Church, and they love me because we are all one in Christ who loves us.

I have been on this board for the past six months, and I know most of you guys are mainstream, and every time I see my Church get brought up you guys treat us as if we're Mormons! I wish I could find more acceptance here among you guys. Yeah I'll be the slightly strange one, at least for you, but I worship the Trinity, I follow the Bible, I love Christ. I hope you guys can at least accept me even if you disagree with me in certain areas.

Attached: 1225ff932a875a56_med-2.jpeg (711x533, 104.63K)

I accept Adventists as fellow Christians. I don't understand why you believe Ellen White was a prophet, and I think you have a lot of errors. But, hell, all of our denominations except our own have a lot of errors in each of our own opinions. If we can tolerate differences on so many issues I think we can tolerate you.

Probably the Judaising and Protestantism.

Might have something to do with them saying they know better than God by keeping the ceremonial law.

Do you think its a bit dishonest to ignore the whole "our founder was a literal new prophet of God" part? I mean it would be like a Mormon neglecting to mention the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.

How many mainstream Christian denominations do you know of that claim to have a unique prophet?

You have an unhistorical conspiratard narrative you base your theology on.
Also, yeah, being annoying about your special snowflake doctrines.

Discount Judaism and annihilationst degenerates. Shoo

It's the Ellen White thing. Doubt anyone cares much about the Saturday thing, but because church founder just wasn't good enough it rightfully sets off everybody's cultdar.

OP here.

I was only telling you what we have in common, most importantly the Trinity. And yes, we have a unique prophet, but our prophet didn't claim to find golden plates which gave a history of the Native Americans who were visited by Jesus. Ellen G. White received visions of the New Jerusalem and the end of the world from Christ. That's what we believe. Prophets still come, back in the 2nd century a guy named Montanus was the founding prophet of the Montanist Church.

But this is not the point of my post, I don't want to get in an argument over that, I just want to make connections with you guys, show you that we're not Mormon tier and that we generally follow orthodox doctrines.

But we're not because we believe the 10 commandments are still binding so we follow the Sabbath, we don't view it as a part of the abolished precepts of the old law.

We do consider Sunday a genuine day of worship and on Easter many congregations hold Sunday services including my own. We recognize that the early Church often held Sunday services in commemoration of Christ's resurrection, and while my congregation only conducts a Sunday service once a year on Easter, there are a few churches which do it monthly or even weekly. We still always consider Saturday to be the true Sabbath though and our primary worship takes place then.

Also, we don't believe vegetarianism is an obligation, we just believe it's the most desirous thing for Christians since it's extremely healthy and we believe our bodies are Temples of God that should be taken care of.

You know everyone believes Montanus is a heretic, right?

But early Montanists were considered orthodox, it was only later that they went off line and became heretical. Tertullian was even a Montanist.

Your founder claims to be a prophet is an insult to God and the church. She is burning deep in hell if she didn't repent.
Also
Lol

PS: God made use of that cult to bring you close to christ by baptism.
You now have to walk the rest of the path once you see their theology is absolute shit I would even say its nothing.

What about when Christ says He is Lord of the Sabbath (indirectly, Son of Man) and that it's cool to do necessary work - like picking heads of grain; similar to David's eating of the sanctified bread.

Or when Christ chides alludes that "Honor thy Father and Mother" refers to God and our brothers and sisters in Christ (Call no one your father except your father in heaven, and my mother, brothers and sisters are those who do the will of God).

Obviously, the adultery, murder, stealing, false witness, and coveting prohibitions remain as one couldn't do any of that in the Holy Spirit. Likewise, idol worshipping still wrong- although… eating of the meat isn't unlawful, as Paul points out.

Point is, it seems all the laws are gone and the point is to be acting fully in faith of the Holy Spirit.

>random (((prophet))) proved wrong several times says go veggie

Gee, I wonder who I should listen to, God or a liar?

Well the point is that having a unique prophet by is something that puts your group outside of the realms of orthodoxy. The fact that you bring up the Montanists as a comparison to your beliefs should be a pretty clear sign of a serious problem.

The fact that 5 as an answer to the question of what is 1+1 is closer than say 11 or 10 doesnt make it any less wrong

For me it’s two things that I could never accept when I was going to an SDA high school:

I already posted why I think this is blasphemy in the Islam thread on here, but long story short it makes Jesus subservient even as God to God the Father and much like the JW’s implies that only Father Yahweh is worth worshiping. To be fair the Geneva Bible and many early Protestants also believed this to be the case, but that should be a wake up call to “sola scriptura” prots in general.

The idea that for almost 2000 years the church taught that at the end of your earthly life you will receive your reward in heaven, only for some backwoods heretical Baptists (or to be fair Martian Luther) to say “lol no the Jews are right and you’re just gonna sleep and rot in the ground until the messiah comes back” is stupid at best and is at worst reducing the human being to a mere animal, the spirit just being “electricity” that just dissipates into nothingness, and not the very counciousness of an individual that is a child who will see their Father in heaven, is just heretical.

also I find it ironic most the the SDA’s I met were black or Hispanic when EGW called them “amalgamates” of human and animals in Patriarchs and Prophets and in other places said that Whites would always be above them

Which is why he's not Saint Tertullian.

But I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in quietness. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. Adam was not deceived, but the woman, being deceived, has fallen into disobedience; but she will be delivered through the childbirth, if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with good judgment.
1 Timothy 12-15
This might be why.

Speaking for myself, I'd say it has to do with your church's reluctance to disavow Ellen White. She was clearly a false prophet.

Best answer.

she was Gods messenger! an was shown visions that were explained to hr,
she was not a prophet but had the gift from the Holy Ghost.

What?

What baptists said that? I've never met an annihilationist baptist, that's an SDA false doctrine. 2 Corinthians 5:6-8.

Annihilationist smacks of pride, thinking he (or she) knows better and that they "can't see God doing" something. Well, guess what? It's in scripture, therefore they've just invented a false god. And I'm not going to apologize for saying it. I'm not out here to please you.

The Michael thing is just so blatantly wrong, it's not even worth addressing so I won't.

I've seen one of those Baptists here but I know that doctrine doesn't belong to mainstream protestantism or even mainstream Baptists.

Early SDA's were unitarian, actually.
It took decades until trinitarianism became mainstream in the church.

D-A-R-K

God cannot be subservient to Himself.
Jesus is at equal with the Father. Jesus is God as the Father is God as the Holy Ghost is God.
By definition God can't be inferior to anything else and God must be one, there can't be someone who is God but subservient to something.
Wtf is that nonsense.
Jesus winnie the pooh this neo prots. Even worse than the original breed.