Can we have a thread about Christianity in China and Chinese Christians?

Can we have a thread about Christianity in China and Chinese Christians?

Attached: chinese-christians-1998.jpg (617x385, 118.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.today/2017.09.08-021509/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only if you want it.

China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years

archive.today/2017.09.08-021509/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

Attached: 150dbb9394a7d726f53d0aa3a1120de16d53497b.jpg (620x387, 538.44K)

Attached: The closest thing to anger that he shows is mild _791d03d31f21a1aed3ae40830fa7ec1c.jpg (620x387, 40.51K)

China already has more Christian than America. Not like a Masonic jewish shithole like America was ever christian to begin with.

is it mostly protestants?

Provided that the commies don't start murdering them again.

What about Japan?

Attached: 1534103846117.png (2044x2684, 3.56M)

Dang I thought OP was asking whether we'd ever HAD a thread about Christianity in China and Chinese Christians.
and I was going to reply: only about seventy-time-seven times, each time concluding that they're mostly more based than any of us.

I think we should, OP

bottom-left-chart-is-all-the-reasons-why.jpg

Attached: Clavin_thinking.jpg (684x766, 951.55K)

this.
I'd like to know if they are Catholic, protestant, or orthodox.

slit eyed gooks cannot be Christian

Good for them. What is the symbolism of the white dragon though?

They're on the right track but china has a billion people and around 100 million Christians, so probably a bit less than 1-in-10, wow. Keep it in your pants about how much more based non-whites are than degenerate European scum, kid.

oh winnie the pooh

Attached: XiJinping.jpeg (750x500, 51.75K)

The best thing about this is that even though the west is hugely decadent, hopefully the Church in China has our back when we are weakest. There is no doubt that we are all headed for a crisis, but if Christ triumphs we have nothing to fear.

Attached: 1dso9k.jpg (900x900, 73.71K)

all conflict is within ourselves

I'll be American even harder just to spite you.

Damn. He really does look like pooh bear.

Going to get sodomized at a gay pride parade?

Hahahahahahaha

Zig Forums—-→

Attached: 2dwin1.jpg (888x1120, 159.13K)

Why? Because you'll abandon them to the wolves of communism if they're not your specific creed of Christian? #whyChristiansCantHaveNiceThings

thread's funniest reply

Attached: Exposing the Satanic Illuminati Freemasons.webm (854x480, 1.24M)

Attached: 1522029781419.jpg (552x364, 38.75K)

Change f-word censure to "Xi Jinping"

Seconded

Thirded

Lots of cults sprout up in rural Chinese towns all the time, usually with a psuedo-Christian element. "Missionaries" have been bringing Bible's to China and not bothered to explain any of the scripture, meaning there's a lot of confusion and heresy among Chinese 'christians'. Plus you have the government trying to crack down on it, and the Chinese are unlike Europeans in that they are perfectly willing to go along with whoever has authority.

I'm not sanguine about the anthill turning to God en masse anytime soon.

Attached: maxresdefault (30).jpg (1280x720, 111.98K)

If you haven’t found it out already, it’s a reddit version of the Taiping Kingdom’s flag, lead by the guy from .

Lyrics:

hide your dogs, hide your cats-gook,gook
you can't drive, your face is flat-gook,gook
your eyes aren't straight, it's you i hate-gook,gook
you pick rice, we bombed you twice-gook,gook

[chorus:]
you're a winnie the pooh gook [x4]

your accent's gay, please go away-gook,gook
you look alike, you ride a bike-gook,gook
you own a store, i kicked in your door-gook,gook
you winnie the pooh gook, you make me puke-gook,gook

I could see that, politics-wise, Orthodoxy is the least hostile to local traditions.
However the chinese only recognize the cath'lics and the prots. For now, they are too afraid of russian influence to even recognize Orthodoxy.

CHING CHONG LING LONG HONG SHANG

wut
Imagine now being Ukrainian and having your Church under Russia which is literally friends with Putin, the guy who invaded your country. There is a reason why the Chinese are afraid in what should be a only a religious matter…
There is this meme that Catholicism is 'globalist' yet Catholics allow a ton of rites, while Orthodox freak out if someone wants to use the Western Rite

Attached: 1441508746536.png (2810x4096, 168.64K)

去自殺, 大鼻客.

I don't get why we can't just translate the traditie mass in to verncular? Why did make a new mass?

This webm got removed for no reason, yet this doesn't.

Attached: The bible told in Chinese Characters.webm (854x480, 1.24M)

Most of the Orthodox near the Chinese are Russian or ex-Russian satellites and while they are working together economically now they were shooting at each other over sovereign clay (not unlike India and Pakistan style) within living memory. And considering FP trends don't really hold out permanently as situations change, I could see that being a concern with some, especially older Chinese.

Huwhite in HK here, I go to TLM in Kowloon when I can, or normie ordo in the Cathedral in Central

AMA

Some things I'll say

China is pretty nasty in monitoring/controlling/subverting Christianity, communists fear God intensely.

If you are looking for a Christian asian wife, the philippines and korea have a good selection.

What made you live in HK?
Kind of an odd question but do you feel like Christianity has a genuine presence/role in HK or is it still just a small little thing?

Sure is anti-Christian in this thread. Can't we just be happy that people are embracing the Lord in China without mealy-mouthing our dissatisfaction that they're not our kind of Christian?

Spoken like a true Party apparatchik from the Zhejiang Religious Affairs Ministry.

Noffence, brah, but, fug, that post was painful to read.

Attached: checkmate-atheists-plane.jpg (640x481, 36.7K)

Singapore is great too, lots of Christians there

Studied in China before and wanted to move back, it's an exciting place. HK is easiest to find a job and get a visa. The rent is insane but the salary and tax is great

Kind of a hard question, there are TONS of churches here but the majority are prod churches of whatever flavour due to Brit and Burger evangelisation. There are some old Anglican churches but it doesn't appear to have really survived handover. Lots of Catholic churches, including a few nice ones.

HK people who become Christian tend to be Westaboos, so while it's a big thing, it's kind of a virtue signal in the same way hippie white chicks become Buddhists

Not saying that's the way it is for everyone, but that's what I've seen.

Don't care virgin

Can we have a thread about why Islam is the one true world religion?

Attached: The Barabbas Theory.jpg (3508x2480, 681.29K)

If you put so little effort into writing this, then how can anyone take you seriously when it comes to discussing ultimate reality?

Also:

If you want to discuss Islam, then go to a board where it's actually a relevant subject. This is Zig Forums, not /islam/ or /theism/.