Go Figure! US Weapons Systems Are Easy Cyberattack Targets New Report Finds, USG In Full Denial

RELATED:
https:// archive.fo/CInHW (US Military Hired Amazon To Store Sensitive Data, Secrets Stolen By China)
https:// archive.fo/R7oOo (US Army Data Hacked In 2017, Stored On Amazon S3 Servers)
https:// archive.fo/FJWtH (NSA Files Left Exposed Online on Amazon S3 Server, Hacked)
https:// archive.fo/pC2Yd (Amazon S3 Servers NOT Secure!)
https:// archive.fo/FRrx8 (Wikileaks Begins To Leak Highly Confidential Internal Documents From Amazon)

THE FIRST STEP in solving any problem is admitting there is one. [Ouch!] But a new report from the US Government Accountability Office finds that the Department of Defense remains in denial about cybersecurity threats to its weapons systems. Specifically, the report concludes that almost all weapons that the DOD tested between 2012 and 2017 have “mission critical” cyber vulnerabilities. “Using relatively simple tools and techniques, testers were able to take control of systems and largely operate undetected, due in part to basic issues such as poor password management and unencrypted communications,” the report states. And yet, perhaps more alarmingly, the officials who oversee those systems appeared dismissive of the results.

The GAO released its report Tuesday, in response to a request from the Senate Armed Services Committee ahead of a planned $1.66 trillion in spending by the Defense Department to develop its current weapons systems. Subtitled "DOD Just Beginning to Grapple with Scale of Vulnerabilities," the report finds that the department "likely has an entire generation of systems that were designed and built without adequately considering cybersecurity." Neither Armed Services Committee chairman James Inhofe nor ranking member Jack Reed responded to requests for comment.

The GAO based its report on penetration tests the DOD itself undertook, as well as interviews with officials at various DOD offices. Its findings should be a wakeup call for the Defense Department, which the GAO describes as only now beginning to grapple with the importance of cybersecurity, and the scale of vulnerabilities in its weapons systems. “I will say that the GAO can be prone to cyber hyperbole, but unless their sampling or methodology were way off or deliberately misleading, DOD has a very grave problem on its hands,” says R. David Edelman, who served as special assistant to President Obama on cybersecurity and tech policy. “In the private sector, this is the sort of report that would put the CEO on death watch.”

DOD testers found significant vulnerabilities in the department’s weapon systems, some of which began with poor basic password security or lack of encryption. As previous hacks of government systems, like the breach at the Office of Personnel Management or the breach of the DOD’s unclassified email server, have taught us, poor basic security hygiene can be the downfall of otherwise complex systems. The GAO report says that one tester was able to guess an admin password on a weapons system in nine seconds. Other weapons used commercial or open source software but administers failed to change the default passwords. Yet another tester managed to partially shut down a weapons system by merely scanning it—a technique so basic, the GAO says, it “requires little knowledge or expertise.”

Testers were sometimes able to take full control of these weapons. “In one case, it took a two-person test team just one hour to gain initial access to a weapon system and one day to gain full control of the system they were testing,” the report states. The DOD also had a hard time detecting when testers were probing the weapons. In one case, testers were in the weapons system for weeks, according to the GAO, but the administrators never found them. This, despite the testers being intentionally “noisy.” In other cases, the report states that automated systems did detect the testers, but that the humans responsible for monitoring those systems didn’t understand what the intrusion technology was trying to tell them.'

The report contains a number of startling examples of how hackers are able to penetrate weapons systems. Testers were able to disrupt systems, change and download data. They also found that they could shut down parts of a system by simply scanning for cyber flaws. In one case, they were able to entirely take over a weapons system in just one day. One team of hackers was even able to send a message asking that users insert at least two quarters in order to continue using a system. But the report was most damning over the Pentagon's consideration of cybersecurity in the systems themselves, finding that the department was still "in the early stage of trying to understand how to apply cybersecurity to weapon systems.”

archive.is/2eyMb
archive.fo/zawgo
wired.com/story/us-weapons-systems-easy-cyberattack-targets/
thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/411232-watchdog-exposes-pentagons-cyber-struggles

Attached: US Weapons Systems Are Easy Cyberattack Targets New Report Finds, USG In Full Denial.jpg (440x155, 15.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/npc-wojak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go Figure!

Attached: cd4dbdc6e2903d1e50fbd615ffe546a7c0125b984149e12dc8c5d726b8f55726.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

"THE FIRST STEP in solving any problem is admitting there is one" as the article stated. This is something you rats will obviously never do or likely can't mentally handle that kind of challenge. So this Empire will soon be eating dirt for all the neglect, arrogance and denial. Enjoy.

Kilcen, I woke up today feeling just fine, with my entire future ahead of me.

thank God you showed me the error of my foolish optimism. now I realize the world is about to end. (maybe even today) so I have decided to become a parody of the stereotypical 'doomsday' cliche, allow the quality of my life become diminished with needless paranoia, and even more importantly, I've decided to follow your lead and spent my days and nights trying to make other people unhappy just like you and I are.

Thankyou for opening my eyes

THE FIRST STEP is admitting that YOU aren't going to solve jack shit.

the second step is realizing that all of these stories are public knowledge.

the third step is accepting the fact that Zig Forums only has 11 regular visitors.

THAT is what you got wrong, dead wrong. Do you think these messages are for the 11 civilian anons who lurk here? Haahaahahahahaha! No. These messages are meant for those who 'ironclad' people like me! I need THEM to wake the hell up!

Mein sides, JN!
What is going on in here?

Attached: 285de5f0f57ee8dc4cda92c5f4ff8d743ac6e9af02d3d6de98b83143184112a2.jpg (640x960, 60.73K)

Eeyore is kneading my beard atm.
I'll try to contribute more if this ever ends.

out of Zig Forums's 11 regular visitors, there's YOU, ME, FANGË, THE OPENLY GAY BRITISH GUY, THE GUY WITH DANDRUFF, A DUDE NAMED BILLY, TWO NEO-NAZIS, THE BOARD OPERATOR, and TWO VOLUNTEER MODS….

exactly who the fuck are
you trying to save?

ahhhh !! you're here !!

yes rocket is also standing on my chest
(she was pushing buscuits on me too but now she's laying against my face and rubbing against my phone)

I'm trying to save all of us. And its not just us lurking here. THEY need to understand what is going on, those that are spying on image boards such as this. My paranoia is a gift from God and I am using it as a beacon to send missiles of truth to those after messengers like me.

real time images of Rocket sitting on my chest

I'm growing my beard out

Attached: IMG_20181017_123642.jpg (2448x3264, 1.11M)

Glad you are finally admitting it, Johnny..

Attached: Aaargh!.jpg (375x563, 58.03K)

Kilcen ?….

i do NOT dislike you, sir
I realize you mean well
I realize you care
you want to make a difference

you should take this advice:

if you want to see real results
why don't you go to a local
no kill shelter and volunteer?

there are some truly innocent beautiful souls who could sure as fuck use your help right now, and they will actually appreciate it, unlike these piece of shit human beings that you're wasting your time with……

don't ask for anything in return
just find a local shelter
go down there and volunteer

and when you come home, you'll feel so God damn good about yourself you won't believe it!… It will give you an entirely new fresh perspective on life….

(I've never hidden the fact that I'm THE most dedicated asshole I've ever met)

How many trillion-dollar private sector armies are there? This is government work, and incompetence punishes everyone but the people responsible.

speaking of which:

I'm going to make a note to myself
reminding me to get up extra early
tomorrow or the next day
and go volunteer again at
'Kitty City'….

it's fun as shit!

and cleaning litter boxes and feeding them is such an honor

A perfect example of what has gone terribly terribly wrong in our once-great nation.

Attached: PicsArt_10-17-09.52.03.jpg (1920x2560, 749.98K)

I'm so God damn correct to even Kanye West is copying me now when he says America never was great, you delusional man, you….

Attached: stupid fucking bitch.gif (640x424, 1.89M)

there's a cat in that picture?

you and I work in different ways, but we both have the same end results…

I've also been making people miserable for decades….

but I do it intentionally…….

Attached: JN THE MOST OFTEN.jpg (1024x900, 277.21K)

There is a cat.

Attached: PicsArt_10-17-09.56.03.jpg (1920x2560, 786.45K)

I just spilled water on the cat and he gave me a dirty look.
Thanks, Johnny..

I decided maybe I should give your Technique a spin, so I told my son that the future is bleak, and before I could finish my sentence, he told me to shut the fuck up and we listened to some music, laughed, and had a really good time… The weather is changing, and the oppressive Heat Is Lifted, which will make the cookout this weekend all that much better….

Attached: 1464719823194.jpg (1049x682, 133.64K)

who would have ever dreamed when we were kids that you and I would end up on the thing called the internet, in a shithole called Zig Forums, both with cats on our chest, being entertained by kilcen?

life is a trip, man…….

especially when I stop and think about how many years of my life I wasted with paranoid doomsday shit, telling myself the end was near…..

Attached: PicsArt_07-31-12_20180819221315.47_20180819221315.15_20180819221315.jpg (1080x1920, 368.13K)

8ch/n/ has pretty much been ceded to /kilcen/, Johnny Neptune and that other boomer faggot with the grey kitten. No one else has a voice.

Attached: 'yore pigs got da powa.jpg (350x356, 24.53K)

I used to be consumed by doom

I truly was

you're not going to believe this, but I was pretty much exactly like you… Minus all the schizophrenic shit, but other than that I was pretty much exactly like you

I was convinced I was helping people

but I was actually making them just as miserable as myself….

here, my daughter Jupiter had taking a pair of those rounded children's kindergarten scissors, and cut off a bunch of her hair in her bedroom… You wouldn't believe how shocked we were when she came walking out of her room with all of her hair chopped off.

Attached: JN Images (40)-1.jpg (1600x1200, 835.88K)

hahahahahahahaha!!!

Jupiter is quite the intelligent, introspective, yet funny young woman now.

her entire future is ahead of her…..

life is good

Attached: IMG_20181013_003604.jpg (1078x1341, 231.45K)

S'pose that ain't rare!

and yes, life is guaranteed to never work out the way you thought it would… We've all got our own personal Armageddon scenarios… The world isn't going to end, Life Will Go On… But not the way you planned… And guess what?… That's okay

that's okay…. Everything's going to be alright… It turns out the real problems that are going to affect you the most have nothing to do with Chemtrails or Flat Earth or government conspiracies….

it's your own decisions and the consequences thereof that are going to Define your future, and your ability to laugh at them that will Define your ability to survive…..

Attached: Screenshot_20181017-131135.png (1080x1920, 605.4K)

Your record is more funny than sad.
Mine is just plain sad. You think you got a raw deal? Trust me, you don't want to be 6' 8" tall and deal with cops, the courts and the justice system.
The stories I could tell..
Sad, really. I have a lot of reasons to hate. I just don't choose to waste a lot of time on it. Niggers of every color gonna chimp out. I just have to stand up and be a man. It may not always be easy, but the right thing to do often is not easy..

very

well

said

and you know I don't
think I got a raw deal

I didn't technically break the law
but that's not what matters
I put myself into the situation

but I'm blessed
it's all good

Sorry.
Just got an offer for intercourse.
Will proceed with that..
Can shitpost and be generally annoying again after some attentiveness to conjugal jubilation..

Attached: gspx_pack-de-tetas-grandes1-12.gif (400x400, 1.26M)

pssst! hey you

yeah…. you

*whispers*
there are two guys in here, older guys kinda like you. they are also fully aware of all the government conspiracies, downward spiral of society, the ruination of the education system, the financial fiascos, the unfair injustices, the imbalances, the declinism in general….

but they seem to have managed to carry on

eeewww that picture just got two thumbs down from Wendy and i

but ……..

ENJOY

Kilcen, let's get you some pussy

FANGË, Wendy and I will all help you

Thanks for letting us operate some of your drones. We blew up some mudslimes running a heroin lab over here. We'll return control, of course.

just curious, Kilcen…..

what kinda woman is your 'type' ?
we've all got our preferences, and
of course that doesn't mean you get
to pick and choose all of the time, but
I'm just curious what's your type of
woman ?…………

me?… I like 'crazy'…..

they're fun….
sitting on a riding mower is boring
I like to ride the bipolarcoaster

of course, like any sane, honest man,
I prefer my women between the ages of 16 and 19….

that doesn't mean I'm always going to get what I want, but I can live with that. at least I have a 'goal' to shoot for while I'm fucking my wife, right?….

you like blondes?….

FANGË likes redheads….
you like Asians?….
brunettes?…
bookworms?…
tramps?…..

what's your cup of tea?

is that tattoo real?

I like woman with blue or green eyes with nice curly hair. Natural women, no silicone tits or tattoos or piercings all over their body. That would turn me off. Also, it would have to be a woman who respected me and the way I am, like my wife did.

someone who looks like this would be my kind of woman (at least when I was younger)

Attached: antispam23.jpg (450x740, 57.09K)

real news

aaahhhh…. very nice

yes, me too… I fucking HATE tattoos, or anything fake

I'd rather have a girl with no tits or nipples than to have a girl with fake tits.

sounds like you and I have vaguely similar tastes.

hint: let's work on helping
you let go of your ex

it's only holding you back

let's look to your future instead, sir

I'm getting too old to look for new relationships as if I were back in high school user. What kind of nice looking dames like old men (without lots of money and coke to spare them)? Only chicks with a weird fetish maybe.

Thanks for this awesome crazy news article Johnny! Love it!

Link fixed.

Fuck!

nice…..

classy………….

yeah, Kilcen… you're a good guy
the past is gone
it's not coming back
and that's a good thing

because your future
is waiting for you
and the past is what's
been holding you back

it's time to show the universe that you're still alive

Attached: PicsArt_10-17-02.14.01.png (1080x1669, 1.24M)

TWO WORDS:

no you'renottoooldtostillbevitalandhappyandfindyouremotionalandromanticcompanion

Be careful if you try to fix this problem. They may think your working with the Russians and try to destroy you.

RE: money and coke

listen to yourself, sir
you're describing the exact opposite of the intellectual, classy, compassionate woman you are looking for…

those type of 'money and dope' humans aren't the subject at hand.

there are plenty of women out there right now who fit your bill to a T

they're out there as I type this… trying to ignore their loneliness, keeping themselves busy with their day to day…

keeping their chin up.

and you won't find them online or through a dating service. that's not how life works (and when it does, it's just as temporary and vapid as the latest internet trend)

no sir….. you won't 'find' her
and she won't 'find' you

the UNIVERSE will do it for you

but not until you get out there
you can't get wet until you
go out there and stand
in the rain, just for
the hell of it

and when you least expect it, you'll see a flash of lightning

I've got to run and help Wendy

before I go, please read these words:

do NOT drive her away with doom and gloom

nobody wants to be anxious and unhappy and worried

it's a turn off

lol LET HER BE THE ONE TO MAKE YOU ANXIOUS AND UNHAPPY

hahaha

but I'm serious, dude…….
it's a huge turn off

optimism is what's going to be your new magnet

and Kilcen?…………

get a cat……

you'll see…. it'll be magical

it'll be something for you to take care of again

and women find it sexy

it sounds trite, but…….

lighten up

CatWednesday?

Attached: 20180911_132648-ECIYzfqOeyBuwbvNyh8zwOt4h249AIss8eLzYufEcVXhmXx4ZE-PGqu1h3wRYEa-DjFtcAoEj_PFSYUEa_5_8Q==.jpg (4656x3492, 8.04M)

Attached: IMG_20181017_173251.jpg (4608x3456, 3.64M)

This is how I talked when I was lying to all my friends in highschool about sex.

trust me…..

if you only knew the truth……
and I DO know the truth……

he's telling the truth…..

true news

I don't like pets, too much work cleaning up after them. I did have a cat some years ago though, when my wife and daughter still lived here with me. She lived till the age of 19, which is pretty damn old for a cat. Had to put her out of its misery when it couldn't control its blatter and buried her in the back yard.

Attached: I don't like pets.jpg (600x400, 53.99K)

Attached: 09bfda2080649ed1fde6fb322b8c7b6c75db9822aac109e12a5b8f7a00d0deb2.jpg (909x1200, 22.34K)

Don't get me wrong, I like animals, just don't like cleaning up after them. I've dealt with it before, and its just another hassle/chore that needs taking care of. I retired for a reason, to relax and be lazy before I croke.

I literally trained my cat to use the toilet and flush afterward. No lie! It takes only a couple weeks to train a kitten to use the toilet and flush. I will admit I've never trained one to clean the toilet, bathroom, kitchen, or do other chores; but the companionship and massages are still nice.

Attached: 20180817_173248.jpg (4656x3492, 5.97M)

I wonder how soon the NPC meme will die?
It won't be soon enough for me..

Attached: It's OK to be Grey.jpg (1920x2560, 749.03K)

>inb4 some user probably Johnny Neptune, says I cannot into spelling.
Was raised all over the world.
Spelling is a social construct.

Who thinks the obvious thing to do is make newer defense systems more analog or mechanical rather than digital?

Maybe the US military could take some advice from a "paranoid kook" like myself and stop using the Amazon cloud for top secret storage!?

Maybe the US military could take some advice from a "paranoid kook" like myself and figure out how to properly air-gap machines that are used for sensitive operations?

What does NPC stand for?

bump

NPC = Non-Player-Character
knowyourmeme.com/memes/npc-wojak
Why am I spoonfeeding you?
Oh yeah.. NPC..

That link causes all kinds of third party scripts being blocked by my Noscript Security settings. I best leave that link alone.

By the way, is this from some recent video game?

Not knowing how to actually use NoScript?

And no.
It's not from a video game. Cuckchan mostly.

I know how to use Noscript but I don't want to allow 20 scripts just to access one webpage. If there are that many third parties allowed to spy on viewers than forget it, they suck and I won't use their site. They might want to clean up that site a bit to be more user friendly.

awesome freakin' news bumparoo for actual legits

UTF-8 cleared……….

Typical arrogance!

so blatant

REAL NEWS