360GB of Tweets by Russian and Iranian Trolls Released by Twitter

More than 10 million tweets posted by suspected state-backed Russian and Iranian "troll farms" have been shared online by Twitter.
It has published more than 360GB of material to aid studies into how its platform has been used to try to influence the public.
The messages were posted from 2013 to 2018 and include references to the US presidential election and the UK's EU referendum.
In total, 4,570 accounts were involved.
Early analysis by the BBC's data journalism team indicates the word "Brexit" was mentioned in 3,789 tweets linked the Russian Internet Research Agency (IRA), nearly all of which were published on the day of the vote or afterwards.
However, the hashtag #reasonstoleaveeu was also found to have been included in the text of 1,092 tweets posted on the day of the referendum.
In February, Twitter told a House of Commons committee it had identified 942 Brexit-related tweets posted by suspected IRA accounts over the course of the entire campaign.
The BBC understands Twitter's figure included only original messages and not retweets, which the social network believes accounts for the disparity.
In any case, the Brexit-related posts represent a small fraction of the Russian-linked account's overall activity.

bbc.com/news/technology-45894486

Other urls found in this thread:

rferl.org/a/how-to-guide-russian-trolling-trolls/26919999.html
about.twitter.com/en_us/values/elections-integrity.html#data
blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/enabling-further-research-of-information-operations-on-twitter.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no way its 360 gbs of tweets WTF is the BBC and twitter smoking. Its not healthy whatever they are doing and they need to go back to weed.

I'm at the point where, if CNN actually flew me to Russia and showed me a room full of hackers, I'd still assume they'd hired actors and told them they were actually background shot for the next Jason Bourne movie. They've cried wolf one too many fucking times. If I was Putin, I'd be taking advantage of that like a motherfucker.

ITT useful idiots

Welcome aboard.

you're here forever

The bbc picks up on the latest tactic to try and invalidate votes. It's almost like the elites are scrambling to save globalization.

So they could actually gather the same information and see how people tried to influence the election for the Democratic party and thus we'd be able to compare apples to apples.
But wait, they don't need to because NPCs
W.T.F.

it sure would be nice if Russia or Iran just flat out exposed something like 911 and you have to ask, why don't they ?

Why do they always essentially just sit back and let themselves be sledged non stop ? No one could really blame them at this point.

Why don't they?
Probably because they love the West so much.

its all about deflection and diversion. words mean nothing. you can cry and scream about how shitty russia is but until you actually DO something about it you won't be getting crimea back or reviving any poisoned people

Probly spice herd it's quite popular in the uk

Attached: 0ef66f3310f3366caf120a7f82e163b6938a469ae2f7681b46a56234b58ad499.png (428x458, 185.97K)

They save them as bmp?. Because even that would be surprising.

troll farms work 12 hour shifts
rferl.org/a/how-to-guide-russian-trolling-trolls/26919999.html

Now release the petabytes of insulting drivel out of Israel…oh wait that would be 95% of Twitter comments.

Listen goy israel just wants to combat antisemitism you racist white nazi.

Where can I dl these tweets? Is anyone interested in splitting them up and torrenting them?

about.twitter.com/en_us/values/elections-integrity.html#data

360 GB of tweets is about 2.57 trillion tweets.
Even at 12 hours per day they would need to employ millions of people.

They even admit only 3,800 tweets mentioned brexit.
3,800 out of 2,700,000,000 is just 0.00014%.
What the hell were the other 2,699,996,200 tweets about?

blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/enabling-further-research-of-information-operations-on-twitter.html

what the fuck is wrong in the world, if this is news?

MFW they cut off just before the 2008 election.
How very convenient.

you mean twitter could have been manipulating information to help barrack obama?

Maybe because they are backed by Kremlin as opposed to the random NPC shitposter such as yourself?

Awe user thinks he's a special little snowflake. You have to go back to Tumblr

NPC confirmed

Get a load of this guy

calling bullshit. no one's stupid enough to believe that, are they? do you know how big 1gb of text is?

damage control is also an obvious NPC trait

Man, you NPC assholes love dishing it out but you really can't take it, can you?

I love how people call others npc when they know their lives have no significance to the world. Really makes you think about the mindshare of those special snowflakes using halfchan memes.

t. NPC

Maybe because they're as kiked as the US

legit censored news