China jails Waifu for frivolous rendition online of the national anthem

Yang Kaili, a 21-year-old self-made celebrity who had 44 million followers on one social media platform, “insulted” the national anthem while broadcasting on the Huya live-streaming platform, on October 7, police in Shanghai’s Jingan district said in a social media post on Saturday.

Yang was introducing an “online music festival” when she hummed the beginning of a ceremonial tune called Athletes March, before singing the opening words to the national anthem March of the Volunteers while waving her arms in the air like a conductor.

Some internet users expressed anger at her apparent levity while the police statement described her behaviour as “an insult to the dignity of the national anthem which repelled internet users”.

Yang is the latest to fall foul of Beijing’s increasing controls over people’s behaviour online and she was detained under a law introduced last year under which anyone who maliciously modifies the lyrics, or plays or sings March of the Volunteers in “a distorted or disrespectful way in public”, can be detained for up to 15 days or jailed for up to three years.

Similar legislation is due to be implemented in Hong Kong and Macau after a number of incidents in which soccer fans in the former British colony booed the anthem before international fixtures.

The move has caused intense controversy in Hong Kong as many people expressed concerns that they might accidentally violate the law, which, besides banning any form of distortion or insult, says people must stand and act respectfully on certain occasions when the anthem is played.

Yang, who has over a million followers on Weibo, issued two apologies in the face of mounting criticism of her performance, begging forgiveness for her “stupid mistake”.

“I sincerely apologise for singing the national anthem in an unserious manner while broadcasting. What I did has hurt your feelings. I’m sorry. Sorry to the motherland, to the fans, to web users, and to the platform,” she wrote, promising to cease broadcasting and undertake patriotic education and activities.

Huya, which was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in May, immediately blocked Yang after the incident and took all her videos offline.

scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/2168505/chinese-live-streaming-star-locked-singing-national-anthem

Bad News!

A few singers of The US anthem that should be jailed for murder

Kazakhstan is the greatest country in the world
All other countries are run by little girls
Kazakhstan is #1 exporter of potassium
Other Central Asian countries have inferior potassium

That is stuck in my head now you nigger.

Chinese leader winnie the XI should spank her with his little dinkie

This was it? That sounded more like musing than mocking. Even in jewtube she got more positive responses than negative.

Attached: videoplayback.mp4 (1280x720, 1.98M)

"undertake patriotic education and activities."
We 1984 now

I hope they jail you too.

The Orwellian universe allows no humor

I hate that high squeeky voice that some of these asian woman use to sound like children

I wanna crush her throat with my cock

bumping real news

Yes, China is the enemy, Putin is our friend

Give him back the Ukraine, and we have a n ally

>The move has caused intense controversy in Hong Kong as many people expressed concerns that they might accidentally violate the law, which, besides banning any form of distortion or insult, says people must stand and act respectfully on certain occasions when the anthem is played.
LOL and I thought the drumpf farce was bad… This is fascism 101 folks and it NEEDs to go. Time for liberation.

I thought Zig Forumstards were smarter than this LOL. Is this le infamous nu/pol/ that I've heard so much about? :^)

Good! Now jail negros that kneel for the anthem.

Any photos of her degraded and in chains?

CHINA's leadership has LOST ALL its Dignity and knows their days are numbered.! China people hold on just a bit longer.

China will rule the world.

????

Cry harder faggot, it's all you can do