If the problem of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church is caused by homosexual clergy...

If the problem of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church is caused by homosexual clergy, then how come we don't see this level of sexual abuse in the Anglican Communion? Most of their clergy is homosexual.

Attached: gq-features-070108-GQfeature3v.jpg (800x1000, 110.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

westernbuddhistreview.com/vol3/homosexuality.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because nobody takes episcopalians seriously.

It's caused by celibacy and such is probably behind much of the homosexuality in other sexually repressive societies like Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Here's an article I have bookmarked on homosexuality in Buddhist tradition.
westernbuddhistreview.com/vol3/homosexuality.html

Attached: 1430038066847.webm (568x320, 2.99M)

There are problems on the other side. We have a problem with heterosexual clergy right now, who can't seem to resist marrying a pretty girl from their flocks, and it's glossed over. It needs to stop.

Also, you shouldn't have the same priest in a parish for north of 10 years. That's not healthy.

Why don't we see?

Because as far as I know their isn't a large scale effort to cover up these things like there was in the Catholic Church which probably made the situation even worse because it emboldened clergy who otherwise might not never acted on the impulses for fear of being outed.

The main difference now compared to 16 years ago when the Dallas event happened is the internet has made it impossible to just sweep it under the rug like they were going to do and have admitted they were going to do.

Both the claims that it is caused by celibacy and by homosexuality are completely idiotic. I am sorry to say this.

The rate of pedophilia in the Catholic Church is actually lower than in schools. However, clergymen look out to each other, because of misunderstandings about sexual offenses, because of the fear of losing clergymen when there are already not many, and because of plain old corruption. What will solve this issue is not to let priests marry, or to kick out any priest who admits to homosexual tendencies. What will solve this issue is to apply St Basil the Great's canon to the letter:

And this decision must come from the Pope himself.

It'd be much easier to just defrock them, I think.

I think an example has to be made out of them.

Publically scourging a pedophile in St. Peter's square before defrocking him (this is what removing the tonsure would be the old equivalent of) would be pretty bad ass, though, and much more of a deterrant than mere defrocking.

Gee you don't think it might be because one is attended more frequently than the other? Or is this somehow taking that into account as well.

Not all homos are pedophiles, but most pedophiles are homos. How can you say it's unrelated?

FPBP

Show me mass school pedophilia coverups that come close to the pedophila cover ups of the Roman “Catholic” Church.

look at local schools and other churches? there's enough research to show that the catholic church isn't even an outlier when it comes to rates of pedophilia

Here's your reminder that the Bible has absolutely no problem with pedophilia. The problem you might be thinking of is the problem with rape, which is only a problem if the man's property is devalued because of.

*All* pedophiles do not care about the sex of the child. They are attracted to children in general, both boys and girls.

The problem is exactly that - instead of punishing misbehaving clergymen and pastorally soothing the wounds of the victims, the hierarchy covers things up and tells the victims to stop whining.

only catholics are liars, amirite?

it's not the first time I'm seeing this on this board

Attached: a9e5774de5a6b44f65a17c8f70e9e79e91e9816b2b721470f55e63217efe486d.png (1026x922, 87.33K)

God placed order in nature. If a woman is so young that she cannot give birth naturally (tiny hips), she is too young. Vade retro, Satanas.

Matthew 18:6

Have you even read the NT?

I imagine the society at the time period being akin to current day Afghanistan and Pakistan, and also considering the fact that it was under Hellenistic influence which has been suggested as the origin for pederasty in those regions.

Do you know what "a rate" means?

Considering the statement sounds obscure to begin with, what metric is it going by, time, attendance, group size?