New Canadian snow crab study is bad omen for 2019 harvest

A study released last week by Canada’s Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) gives new reasons for the snow crab industry to worry. It says the biomass of the crustaceans over a recent six-year period was the lowest it’s been in 25 years, according to several media reports.

Though snow crab quotas are usually set in the spring, the study suggests more cuts could be coming in 2019, the Western Star, a Newfoundland and Labrador newspaper suggests.

The study was released at the same time DFO announced the snow crab fishery was moving to a more conservative “precautionary approach”, according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Darrell Mullowney, the DFO scientist who led the study, which used multiple indicators, including female egg clutches, catch rates and discard rates, is quoted as saying that the study found snow crab “exploitation rates have gone up in some areas," as the biomass estimate is going down.

undercurrentnews.com/2018/10/22/new-canadian-snow-crab-study-is-bad-omen-for-2019-harvest/

Attached: Canada-Ocean-Choice-7-585x390.jpg (585x390, 45.77K)

Fuck fishermen anyway.

Oh noes!
Can we do anything about it?
Another hurricane maybe?

The biomass of snow crabs has always been less than that of several other crab species.

Pleeze stahp using crabs to exploit some areas. like Zig Forums

I just have crabs to spare and want to share. Gotta scratch that crab itch!

I don't fuck 'men' of any kind, faggot!

Wot?
Do you fuck crabs?

Attached: 4f0431c0ca10aca999f2ab7be6e418c85230d25125b444368a65a15b1c1ac9f0.jpg (793x1024, 48.51K)

No, but fucking is how I got crabs!

Did you misspell

Canada does not get enough hurricanes. The crabs in Florida are happy right now.

BRING BACK CRABPOSTING

K. 🦀

What is going on in here?

Snib.

Canadians complaining about not getting crabs as much as they would like to.

I have crabs and am willing to share.

Attached: do you suck dicks.mp4 (640x480, 1.55M)

Is the cat that took over the beach partly to blame for this crab catastrophe?

Literal waste of life going on his personal spam crusade against Zig Forums news boards despite nobody caring for over a year now.

I care, user.
I care about crabs.

Are we using omens now to predict crab biomass?

Stop sliding REAL Crab News Kilcen!

snab

Attached: We @ da Bottom Nao.png (198x330, 98.32K)

That's because you're all bottom feeders.
t. Jim

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

You mean the crab-pot?