Bad! Too Much FMCSA Regulations Has Truckers Quitting In Droves, Could Lead To Potential Shortages

BE PREPARED: >>>/prepare/1 | https:// archive.fo/elYwR
https:// web.archive.org/web/20180910185746/https:// 8ch.net/prepare/res/1.html

This has never been much of a honeymoon. After one of our recent articles noted that large percentages of drivers and fleets don't believe ELDs are good for the transportation industry or are making trucks safer, we got another big dose or three of feedback.

Despite the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) adjustment of more leeway in what can be counted as personal conveyance—a driving status that can allow a truck driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle outside of the HOS on-duty drive time constraints—scores of drivers say more must be done.

FMCSA helped with one big problem many truck drivers complained of: running out of available drive time while delivering or picking up a load and then being told to leave the premises. The agency said a driver in that situation can operate the truck to the nearest safe parking space to take the necessary off-duty time and rest.

I GOT NEWS FOR ALL YOU AMERICANS, WHEN THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY STOPS THIS WHOLE COUNTRY WILL STOP. EVERY SINGLE THING YOU HAVE HAS BEEN ON A TRUCK AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER….. YOU THINK ABOUT IT…

Another Obama regulation that a has a negative affect on the US population as a whole. This is a big deal which will take its toll on the US families, Owner's operators and could well lead to an eventual SHTF situation. I hope under the Trump Administration that this Mandate will be repealed - thanks for the heads up!

youtube.com/watch?v=gNb-azgCeaQ

Attached: Too Much FMCSA Regulations Has Truckers Quitting In Droves, This Could Lead To Potential Shortages.jpg (1280x720, 132.75K)

Obaminated.

Yah, Trump needs to fix this too. Not good if we start seeing mass shortages in the near future. EVERYTHING we rely on in the stores: from food to clothing to appliances all relies on the truckers to transport those goods!

I've talked to a couple truckers before and its a shit job but someone has to do it. The scariest part about this is: not many younger generations want or desire to become truckers, the job is in high demand but it mostly attracts middle aged to older working class stiffs who have families desperate for jobs. In other words, wait another 10 to 20 years once the majority of these people finally retire and THEN we are going to see a massive problem in our country as supplies will simply not be delivered on time due to the massive shortages of truckers. If nothing else makes you want to prep, this should, otherwise expect to be stuck in one hell of a rut when all the boomers die off and Gen-X begins to retire. Millennial truckers? Almost non-existent!

And guess who's gonna do it, without complaining, for even less money, while driving the wages down, and while also be instantly replaceable?

I JUST WITNESSED THE FUTURE OF AMERICA FLASH BEFORE ME:

MASS SHORTAGES. SUFFERING.
RAPID DIE-OFF FROM ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS, BAD HEALTH AND OTHERWISE.
UN/CHINA REGIME CHANGE. OCCUPIED LANDS.
US MILITARY RENDERED INEFFECTIVE/DEFECTIVE.
MASS DEFECT AWAY FROM SYSTEM, CIVIL INSTABILITY.
RIOTS. STANDOFFS. ARMED GANGS OF LOOTERS.
MARTIAL LAW… IMPOSED BY FOREIGNERS.
GUN GRABS AND SHOOTOUTS.
NO MORE 'AMERICA' AS WE KNOW. TERRORIST ATTACKS.
'NATURAL' (MORE LIKE MAN-MADE / GEO-ENGINEERED) DISASTERS!
NO MORE ORDER, JUST PURE CHAOS. DOG-EAT-DOG MAD MAX WORLD.
THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST FOLLOWING FIERCE JUDGEMENT.

PRAY! REPENT! GOD HELP US ALL!

Spoke to some recently. 80k a year is pretty shit for working 60 hour weeks. I get that it's just driving, but it's gotta be high stress for how fucking fat these people are.

Whats stressful is having to meet the deadlines. There are time sets you have to follow and sometimes that requires driving all day long and late into the night to meet your deadline.

Not a good situation.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Lol.

Boomer Pill me on truck driving, I have a romantic idea of it that is surely false. Tell me the prose, and cons. I think about it as a profession.

Attached: 3c9190635989cc16f843a4149ac44675eaae588c0a9a5864035467e11daab116.jpg (605x756, 65.52K)

Don't bother, for the companies you are a disposable piece of garbage, in other words, just a drone.
Also, the self driving trucks are no more than 5 to 8 years away. This is the fundamental detail not mentioned by OP, which will leave most of the truckers unemployed.

somebody needs to take their meds

OP Driver get your head out of your ass about Obama already fuck Trump his days are fucking numbered, I drove OTR for 30+ years suck it up of go back to school.

Attached: FU trump.jpg (1280x720, 51.98K)

The soulless bot have spoken.

Attached: dcb633b92bd34606469fc5adbf7c7f2e004087fe.gif (600x450, 297.91K)

Well, all those male feminists with gender studies degrees have to work somewhere. That's how it's always been - there's a few career paths that are profitable that smart people go to, some will forge their own paths and get lucky, and everyone else fills either the minimum wage slots or the graveyard.

It used to be great to do for five or ten years because you would be required to work 100+ hour work weeks at like $18-$30/hour and receive overtime, and you could quit your job without even a two week's notice and the company would rehire you a month later. Your travel expenses were mostly paid for, so at the end of the day you worked maybe 4-7 months out of the year and had the rest of the year off because you made $10,000 in a month. In addition you got bonuses like an extra $200 for every hour early you were to the location. Obviously in exchange you were fucking your body over.

Now DOT regulations have simultaneously made it shittier to be a truck driver, and harder to become one. Whereas before you could work damn near whatever you want and only have to work a few months out of the year, now you have to work basically year-round to have the same standard of living and you have to constantly exercise or diet because there's a million things that will disqualify you from maintaining your CDL.

Attached: 7d5c56ba298754da6d2480a0697c41d8bdc1e13e9f6d96569edb096978fd361b.jpg (1570x1536, 216.25K)

Oh right, point being you'd make more money and have a lower risk of dying or fucking over your body doing electrical or plumbing work (or shit, even construction honestly).

And don't forget all modern cunts wanting to be a man.
This job is special for affirmative action whores.

thats actually pretty good money without a college degree even if its 60 hours a week, i used to make 8 bucks an hour working 50+ hours a week
but that is of course not including stress and strain
if your willing to work like a slave (you probably are not) then it would be best to make more money for less labor (but more time)
neither options are very good no matter how you cut it

This, honestly. Unless you work in banking or the computer industry, 80k/year for 60 hour work weeks is about average. That's how much an Electrical Engineer with 10 years experience would make out West, and I can assure you between time in the field and time at home working, that Engineer is putting in at least 60 hours/week if not more. Shit, my dad's worked in IT for 25 years and barely makes six figures.

all sages obliterated