EU Regulation Could End YouTube As We Know It, CEO Warns

YouTube’s CEO has urged creators on the popular video site to organize against a proposed EU internet regulation, reinforcing fears that the infamous Article 13 could lead to content-killing, meme-maiming restrictions on the web.

As RT reports, the proposed amendments to the EU Copyright Directive would require the automatic removal of any user-created content suspected of violating intellectual property law – with platforms being liable for any alleged copyright infringement.

If enacted, the legislation would threaten “both your livelihood and your ability to share your voice with the world,” YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki warned the site’s content creators in a blog post on Monday.

The regulation would endanger “hundreds of thousands of job,” Wojcicki said, predicting that it would likely force platforms such as YouTube to allow only content from a hand-picked group of companies.

“It would be too risky for platforms to host content from smaller original content creators, because the platforms would now be directly liable for that content,” Wojcicki wrote.

While acknowledging that it was important to properly compensate all rights holders, the YouTube chief lamented that the “unintended consequences of Article 13 will put this ecosystem at risk.”

She encouraged YouTubers to use the #SaveYourInternet hashtag to tell the world how the proposed legislation would impact them personally.

“RIP YOUTUBE..IT WAS FUN,” read one rather fatalistic reply to the post. Another comment worried that Article 13 would do “immense damage … particularly to smaller creators.”

The proposal has stirred considerable controversy in Europe and abroad, with critics claiming that the legislation would essentially ban any kind of creative content, ranging from memes to parody videos, that would normally fall under fair use.

Alphabet, the parent company of Google and YouTube, has opposed Article 13 for months. The measure was advanced in June by the European Parliament. A final vote on the proposed regulation is expected to take place sometime next year.

World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales have also spoken out against Article 13.

archive.fo/Rx9qy
zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-23/eu-regulation-could-end-youtube-we-know-it-ceo-warns

Attached: EU Regulation Could End YouTube As We Know It, CEO Warns.JPG (890x500, 55.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube-dl.org/
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm glad I've been backing up all the good stuff.

youtube-dl.org/

download instructions:

Pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It can also rip videos from many other sites too.

After the vast amount of censorship perpetrated by jewtube itself, I couldn't give a flying fuck about their future. Also, since the web will be transformed into a high security propaganda gulag, those empty threats are worthless.

It will ONLY turn into that if we allow it. Right now there are more than enough tools and ways to backup all kinds of media and share it. I recommend you do just that. Spread it far and wide. They can't shut us all down if we take action.

Roll on that happy day.

In a way I laugh… in a way I am angry because this is what bureaucracies always do. They destroy freedoms, wreck businesses and plunder taxpayers while doing it.

All I got to say is Google are jackasses too for censoring so many users. So both Google and their loving bureaucracies deserve each other. Assholes, two peas in a pod!!

Backup all your favorite channels and start posting those videos elsewhere.

THIS.

Dude, they orchestrated entire wars to build their criminal empire, they falsified human history, destroyed culture and creativity, corrupted science and academia, and every other freedom of speech tool this planet has to offer…so if the internet is in their way, then it's done, unless you change your keyboard for a couple of hundred nukes that is.

Destructive!

youtube-dl.org/

download instructions:

Pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It can also rip videos from many other sites too.

The internet is for faggots and normal fags tbh. even this place is for normal fags.

This is the same type of kike fear mongering as was behind net neutrality. My internet speeds are easily 15-20 times faster now and I pay half as much. All since NN was ruled out.

Good

GOD BLESS EUROPE

Sure.

Attached: AnonFilly-ArguingFillies.webm (1280x720, 3.77M)

I didn't think net neutrality was a good idea either. I'm just making note that they could screw with Youtube's users. Best have backups of your favorite channels.

Once installed just type in your terminal:

youtube-dl [video link]

and then press enter and it will start ripping the video

Or still better, install Youtube-DLG, it is the same but with a graphic interface.
It downloads whole playlists from Youtube and let you choose the resolution.
Check it out.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (1366x768, 135.1K)

They'd have to have a massive EMP false flag attack to knock out a large chunk of the internet. Outside starting WWIII (which I know they're trying to do) I don't think they'll be able to control the whole internet. They'd have to wreck it completely first and then re-build a new 'slavenet'.

That looks pretty kick ass. Thanks.

thats my point. Anime etc is for normal fags. I bet you even have a reaction folder.

just use 4k media downloader, its one window, you can download whole playlists etc.

I used to use that a while back ago when I had my older laptop with Windows on it. Eventually they would hassle you with ads and make you routinely update their software so I decided to try something else and youtube-dl has been pretty nice. I might try that dlg too if I can get it for linux.

I'm conflicted
I hate the idea of EU censorship
Yet at the same time I almost want to see Jewtube die so people can humble the fuck up and realize how little it matters
I'm an American anyways so I'm just sitting back watching shit hit the fan

Attached: f76eec46d24ec2f0566660098eb524165cb1681eaaebf9b488e7d764107fb957.gif (540x540, 1.21M)

Attached: ydlg_ui.gif (930x615, 159.12K)

Major news.

Its conflicting. More like kike vs kike scenario. Both are bad, both have bad intentions. If I were you, just back up all your favorite videos and channels and seek another refuge if Youtube ever goes down.

wtf I love the (((EU))) now

You shouldn't because they hate you, just as much as Google hates you. Just because one kike fights another kike doesn't mean either one of them care about you.

Fuck youtube. Oy vey goy creators plz help saave us

Attached: Nah.jpg (480x360, 10.06K)

Good. Fuck Google.

Attached: reimu_smug.jpg (700x700, 84.23K)

Good riddance

Attached: Sage Advice.jpg (785x590, 49.5K)

Youtube vs no more memes…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………ok

How about we just sit back and watch as YT simply makes itself unavailable in EU member countries and everyone loses their goddamn minds. I always keep popcorn on hand for just such occasions,

You can use peertube in fact even if it may lack a mass syndication system

Attached: f2ff878d-240f-45ef-b742-bf7e42bfea1b.jpg (1125x1022, 87.14K)

Good, burn it all. Can't wait till faggots and troons start hanging themselves from the lack of attention.

Attached: Vincent-Price-Laugh.webm (540x360, 478.15K)