Apple and Samsung updates deliberately slow down phones in planned obsolescence,get wrist slap

Apple and Samsung are being fined €10m and €5m respectively in Italy for the “planned obsolescence” of their smartphones.

An investigation launched in January by the nation’s competition authority found that certain smartphone software updates had a negative effect on the performance of the devices.

Believed to be the first ruling of its kind against smartphone manufacturers, the investigation followed accusations operating system updates for older phones slowed them down, thereby encouraging the purchase of new phones.

In a statement the antitrust watchdog said “Apple and Samsung implemented dishonest commercial practices” and that operating system updates “caused serious malfunctions and significantly reduced performance, thus accelerating phones’ substitution”.

It added the two firms had not provided clients adequate information about the impact of the new software “or any means of restoring the original functionality of the products”.

Samsung told owners of its Galaxy Note 4 phone to install a new version of Google’s Android operating system intended for the more recent Galaxy Note 7, but which users claimed rendered the old model sluggish.

Likewise, Apple told iPhone 6 owners to install an operating system designed for the iPhone 7, leading to problems for owners of the older model.

theguardian.com/technology/2018/oct/24/apple-samsung-fined-for-slowing-down-phones

Attached: chartoftheday_2514_iPhone_Releases_n.jpg (960x684, 174.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_disable_automatic_downloads_and_Wi-Fi_Assist_on_iPhone_and_iPad
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iihelp.iinet.net.au/How_to_disable_automatic_downloads_and_Wi-Fi_Assist_on_iPhone_and_iPad

PRO TIP: If you have an old Android phone, install LineageOS on it if possible. You'll get a system free from bloatware, likely much more up to date and performing better.

Attached: Lineage-OS-Logo.png (728x485, 22.05K)

PRO TIP: thanks for the AMATEUR TIP

You never even mentioned that they need to root their dalvik device first, or how these days most phones have a locked bootloader, and it's impossible to even root them anymore

PRO TIP: big deal. buy a new fucking phone, you cheapskates.

PRO TIP: it doesn't really matter because your parents pay for everything anyway

Attached: 1vXNgMG.png (274x242, 21.57K)

PRO TIP: computer manufacturers have been using a 6 Month Planned Obsolescence Model for years and years

when a new model computer is released, it is obsolete in 180 days.

and none of you complain

PRO TIP: there's no keyboard on that table

PRO TIP: in late 2012, Samsung made sweeping changes to their version of dalvik, effectively making their GS3 (and every other subsequent GS & Note upgrade) a complete piece of shit.

Only a fucking douchebag still thinks the 'Samsung Experience' has value.

PRO TIP: iPhones are absolutely worthless

PRO TIP: every 'update' of ANYTHING causes more problems than it solves

PRO TIP: nobody gives a fuck if it takes you 3.7 seconds longer to try and lose your virginity on Tinder

PRO TIP: other than the super AMOLED screens, Samsung offers absolutely nothing that any other manufacturer now provides as well.

PRO TIP: iOS is for faggots

JEW TIP: you faggots are worthless and we well find ways to make money off you even if you don't buy our phones.

Attached: 4e9c580cede1b7755458d6b932ac752ea05e66e6b359ceb4f510e6c5335a47ee.jpg (501x585, 37.93K)

PRO TIP: I literally gifted my Samsung Galaxy S Series devices to my brother and a friend because I got the exact same specs in a much better phone that cost half as much

LIFE ON PLANET EARTH TIP: correct

REALITY TIP: that's the way it's always been, and always will be.

OPEN YOUR EYES TIP: you never complained while your parents had to sacrufice to always supply you with your incessant demands for the latest videogame or dungeons and dragons bullshit

PRO TIP: if this phone update story inspires indignation, you won't believe all the other ways life is going to bend you over and continue fucking you in the ass

get used to it

PRO TIP: as soon as a situation in my family changes, (a health matter of life or death quite literally, where I absolutely must have a phone) I am completely disconnecting….

COMPLETELY

no phone, no computer, no nothing.

my wife and I are going off grid

PRO TIP: having technology of ANY kind slows you down.

just look at your lives.

seriously.

You don't need a cell for anything other than work or emergencies.

PRO TIP: you are wasting the best years of your life

Attached: PicsArt_10-25-11.20.21.jpg (960x684, 62.71K)

Trips confirm. Only normalfags have smartphones.

Attached: Check_'em,_goyim.jpg (271x214, 8.88K)

……says the man who typed his post on a computer that is holding him back, and further isolating him from real life.

(See Graph Above)

your effemininity confirms:

you're an abnormalfag

maybe that's why the user you're replying to said
there's a list of supported devices, retard

Your right-aligned posting confirms:
You're a ultra-faggot who loves sucking dick.

PRO TIP: and I actually DO mean 'pro'

as in: professional

WHY I HAVE A SMARTPHONE:

it certainly isnt to talk on the phone
and it sure as fuck isn't for 'texting'

I'm an old school computer fag

not a 'programmer' or a 'hacker'
and I'm definitely NOT a gamer
(lol video games = homosexuality)

I'm an artist. a professional illustrator
I used my many computers to CREATE
I specialize in Photoshop
I specialize in 3D modeling & animation
I specialize in sequencing music
I specialize in video editing

I cut my teeth on the Commodore Amiga
back in the day before IBM platforms
could possibly handle the tasks
(and fuck Macintosh)

At one point in 2011, I had 6 nice laptops
and I had grown sick and tired of PCs

I reached burnout levels

I decided to end my relationship

Oddly enough, smartphones became 'the thing' around that same time, and I would see douchebags walking around with their nose in their stupid phones, doing Facebook, sharing fascinating details about their new shoes, pics of their dinner, etc

I laughed when people suggested I get a smartphone. "Fuck No!"

No way was I going to become 'one of them'. Then, one day somebody came over to my house with a Samsung Galaxy S3, and offered to sell it to me for $40

(obviously stolen)

I told him "$10" and he took it.
I had become the owner of a Samsung GS3 (hands down THE best phone at the time) for only ten bucks, so I figured I'd check it out.

Honestly?… I was impressed. I had never fucked with one before, so I didn't know the limitations, or more importantly, the CAPABILITIES. I wanted to determine the multitasking capabilities, etc.

My first objective was to determine how the smartphone could handle CREATING ART…. then, how it handled CREATING & EDITING VIDEO, then, how it handled CREATING (sequencing) AND EDITING MUSIC.

I literally tested the boundaries. I researched the dalvik VM and tested EVERY 'app' (software)

I hate calling these programs 'apps'
that's SOOOOOO gay

as time passed, and better software was developed, and dalvik improved, processors improved, etc, I have continued my ongoing experiment. I got the very, very best creative software for creativity on this Linux Variant platform

for me, smartphones are a MOBILE, PORTABLE CREATIVE STUDIO

I create badass art, video, & music for multimedia projects on the go.

I can multitask, using Adobe Photoshop Touch for Android, FL Studio Mobile, Audio Evolution, Kinemaster, etc., creating hi-end animations with original audio & music while I stand in line to order food in a restaurant…..

(And yes, shitpost… which is another form of performance art)

The LAST fucking thing I'm interested in is texting or talking to somebody on a god damn phone.

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP TOUCH™ for Android

Attached: Screenshot_20181025-121017.png (1920x1080, 47.48K)

PRO TIP: Just build your own ROM

Although I currently have FL Studio Mobile uninstalled, that's what I use (along with CAUSTIC 3) to sequence music and audio tracks from scratch.

but that's just the creating and sequencing….

Afterwards, you'll need an audio editing suite

PRO TIP:

exactly

Egg Zack Lee

PRO TIP: if you want PC quality precision audio editing capabilities on Android, try

AUDIO EVOLUTION

Attached: Screenshot_20181025-121326.png (1920x1080, 532.5K)

PRO TIP: Android and iPhone have Audio & Video LATENCY Issues.

millisecond latency…….

Thank goodness that AUDIO EVOLUTION has a built in Latency Correction Algorithm

every individual phone has its own individual latency flaw. It's not just the 'manufacturer & model's, but each individual phone has its own specific millisecond latency.

Audio Evolution plays a series of tones, analyzes your specific phones latency, and corrects it.

Attached: Screenshot_20181025-121242.png (1920x1080, 334.87K)

PRO TIP: I've tried them all, and if you want the very best video editing on Android, by all means, you simply must use

K I N E M A S T E R

Kinemaster can create the highest quality, smooth as silk, hi definition, exquisite, almost Hollywood quality BADASS VIDEOS

it does full-blown alpha channel greenscreen, etc etc

It's the very, very best……

Trust me

Attached: Screenshot_20181025-121555.png (1920x1080, 523.5K)

PRO TIP:

if you want to know anything about making phone calls, sending texts, using Facebook, etc.

EAT MY SHIT

"The jew forsakes traditional methods of communication, preferring instead to type on a touchscreen monitor with his disproportionate nose."

-Hitler

"After the Russians beat my ass like a bitch in Leningrad, I'm going to run with my tail between my legs like a coward, make love with my 'secret' boyfriend in a bunker, tell Eva Braun that I've always wished she had a penis, and ask my gay lover to shoot me in the head."

Hitler

Truly a hero among men.

Thank-you…. I'm flatteref

D*

FlattereD*

Debating

Attached: IMG_20181025_125224.jpg (1078x1197, 146.46K)

Here's the best part:

I use Metro by T-Mobile
when I was still called MetroPCS, I was paying $100 for 4 lines….

My phone, my wife's phone, my son's phone & my friends phone….

I was able to talk a supervisor at corporate into reducing my monthly airtime bill to only $60 per month

that's FOUR LINES for only $60

or, for those of you capable of advanced quantum mathematics, $15 per line.

a few months ago, I used 128 GIGS in one month just on my phone alone.

COMPLETELY UNLIMITED HI SPEED DATA

I challenge you to find a better deal

yo nigga just gimme one of dem crikket fone

Attached: 1396105623717.jpg (324x294, 19.54K)

PRO TIP: youdon't know JACK SHIT

so STOP POSTING, Gaylord…….

you don't*

(卐)

apparently, I've got
A L L
T H E
A N S W E R S
w h i l e
y o U
h a v e
n o n e

Feels Good, Man

Little did you realize I actually DO know Jack Shit.

Attached: PicsArt_10-25-01.18.01.jpg (464x640, 83.65K)

and yes…..

for fast artwork on the fly….

PicsArt beats Adobe

I avoid phone calls with a passion

I'd rather die than text

A smartphone is specifically designed to create original content, then infuriate other humans with it

On a phone

Where does Andy post those 'hi-end'
works of art?

Why, here on the internet's lavatory wall aka 8ch

Here's my editing studio, Andy.

I have used Avid Media Composer, Apple's Final Cut Pro X, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere,

But prefer Adobe Premiere for my CGI for the film industry.

Attached: home.jpg (800x532, 172.16K)

nice blog, also tl;dr

fuck smartphones though

I need a dumbphone with SMS for 2-factor auth stuff. If I want to order anything online, a lot of them use that "verified by visa" shit. And yeah it has to be a real cellphone that my bank verified, can't just use some SMS gateway or whatever.

Seriously? You're either the dumbest dumbshit living in dumbshitistan, or a cheeto fingered masturbator "trolling the internet" from mom's basement

This is the new copypasta. Copypasta it everywhere copypasta is accepted.

I'm an After Effects man, myself

I taught myself 3D on Lightsaber

…..but you've got a very nice setup there

Attached: IMG_20181025_181328.jpg (1078x1234, 211.64K)

no, you know nothing

god damn AUTOINCORRECT

I said LIGHTWAVE*

not Lightsaber

and for the record, you only have 20 answers that you repeat ad nauseam here on Zig Forums
you are the complete polar opposite of original

HAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!

you're a nerdy faggot now

in fact, not only do I have all the
s m a r t p h o n e a n s w e r s

but I've got all the EVERYTHING
ANSWERS

ask me anything……………
you'll see

lol @ 20

it's 4

okay then
how did you end up becoming the most unoriginal nobody on the face of the earth?

that's even worse

ah fuck, mixed up the replies

1: you're gay
2: video games suck
3: anime sucks
4: video games and anime made you gay

pick one

As you lay dying, you'll think, "oh sweet fucking jesus, i coulda been smelling the roses but was here talking to some asshole like myself''.

I have a flip up phone, it's so dumb, it only makes phone calls.

My 7'' android in the other pocket I only take if I'm gonna be stuck waiting at the bus stop or Dr's office etc, and that's usually used for music or audio books

I pick 5: you don't have a brain and have proved my point about you being unoriginal as shit
And by the way:

congratulations on the
"still can't be original
even if it were to save
his own worthless life"
crowning achievement

PRO TIP: no one gives a fuck about your blog post, and herpes to your stupid wife.

PRO TIP: it doesn't matter what you say about how people spend their lives so kiss my ass

You wash your penis today?

Attached: 1539456869606.jpg (592x1024, 284.26K)

I love doing this shit

me

too

it's

so

fun

A little bit of tech advice. Never update unless you know the update is clean first!

mor fun if you hi

Thank you
How do you like how I've arranged my industry awards on the ledge above my studio?(Oscars, emmys,etc)

Attached: awards.JPG (407x355, 39.08K)

PRO TIP: Install Temple OS on your old phones and talk to Terry up in heaven.

Why are you going on about being original? You haven't done anything original in this thread, and you're both pretty much being bitches.

PRO TIP: Why hasn't any company made a blank smartphone system that can be loaded with any phone OS? There would be a huge market for this device

pol are confirmed to be liberal plants.

aka shit in yor own backyard

aka eat yor seed stock