Pope Francis reportedly has no intention of resigning

Pope Francis has no intention of stepping down as he fights accusations that he protected a former archbishop accused of sexual abuse, Italian news agency ANSA reported, citing “close associates” of the pope.

abcnews.go.com/International/pope-francis-reportedly-intention-resigning/story?id=57447785

The pontiff was “embittered” by a letter written by the Vatican’s former ambassador to the United States, Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, in which the former diplomat accused the pope and his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, of knowing of abuse allegedly carried out by the former archbishop in Washington, Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, the associates said, according to ANSA.

But, they said, Francis, 81, "is not thinking about resignation,” ANSA reported.

Vigano wrote that Francis and Benedict knew that McCarrick – who resigned as a cardinal in July after he was accused of abusing adults and minors – was a "serial predator."

Reached for comment, McCarrick’s attorney Barry Coburn called Vigano’s words “serious allegations.”

Attached: pope-francis-gty-hb-180828_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg (992x744, 116.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.today/2018.08.29-031839/https://abcnews.go.com/International/pope-francis-reportedly-intention-resigning/story?id=57447785
twitter.com/nytimes/status/1034413804174667783
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good

I have no problem with it as long as he purifies the church, which I don't think he has the courage, but I'll pray for him.

Of course! I'm sure he did nothing wrong and will respond to the allegations right after he responds to those Dubia.

Archive link
archive.today/2018.08.29-031839/https://abcnews.go.com/International/pope-francis-reportedly-intention-resigning/story?id=57447785

What would it accomplish, aside from throwing the church into further disarray?

I hope he stays. And does the hard work to make this right.

Attached: nyv3ty.jpg (480x504, 44.71K)

Mixed views; he is doing very little good now and is courting much controversy and scandal. I suspect this will continue, and the dogmatic core of the church will be increasingly under threat for the foreseeable future, to say nothing of the wicked defilement of people that is still ongoing by people who are wearing the cloth but who should not. On the other hand, I am of the view that if he leaves, an active source of evil would take over and start really nosing the plane down. Pope Kasper or a Pope Cupich, anyone?

Getting someone like Burke running things is very optimistic, certainly if he did I suspect he'd be as effective at arresting the progress of the apostate clerics in Rome as Benedict was. If the cardinals would even consider electing him, good luck there. So, no, the only way these troubles take a different direction is through a supernatural adjustment. But when or where this will occur, is beyond me.

Good that he didn't give in to the threats of right wing homophobes. He has to take a more hard stand against hate in the church tho.

twitter.com/nytimes/status/1034413804174667783

>(((New York Times)))

really makes you think

Or the desire.

Francis could single-handedly, by the grace of God, purge the entire Church and affix lasting change for generations. A single bull calling for the deposition of every known gay Bishop (especially Cardinal) would assure that, even after death, a more wholesome Pope would be elected and continue to address the Church's problems. There is no institution I know of where the head wields so much unilateral power… and he's not using any of it.

council of nicea with constantine happened in the first century
doesnt work like that, papist.

Know them by their fruits. It's one thing to have homosexual protestant youth pastors, it's another thing to have supposedly "infallible" popes molesting little boys.

Written by Jason (((horowitz)))

Use the heuristic that evil never gives up power, dummies.

There's a subtle thing being done in the media where they make a piece of the way Pope Benedict and Pope Francis have handled this. The reasons seem obvious.

To be fair, as my previous post indicates I'm not buying that Francis hasn't been rehabilitating these people to important posts and hindering CDF and other investigators, which is enough for me. But he's not been accused of homosexuality himself, if evidence comes forward then by all means the game changes in more ways than one. As these allegations gain more and more steam, I'm coming to view him more as of an urbane type to put on a happy face for the public while facilitating things for people on the back-end, rather like Manderley from Deus Ex.

That's true too. Amazing, the story will be the killshot they wanted…but they don't take it? Irish TV, which hates Rome, covers it up during the visit? Something's up.

That's exactly why he was made pope.