Christian films are cheesey

*teleports behind you*

Attached: 80245_large.jpg (195x251, 22.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ten_Commandments_(1923_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Kings_(1927_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sign_of_the_Cross_(1932_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crusades_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_and_Delilah_(1949_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariots_of_Fire
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Man what boring boxart. They could have spent more than three minutes on it. Good movie though.

The '56 version of the Ten Commandments has held up quite well.

Attached: Los_diez_mandamientos-583284878-large.jpg (807x1200, 202.72K)

I thought those only received funding because exodus is preeminently Jewish and then Christian and Druze. Ben-Hur and A Man for All Seasons is top tier, but I think since the 1970s switch in media away from wholesome production as well as the removal of the film code made exclusively Christian films un-producible. No major production company or distributor will back it. The Passion was Mel's total production and is a flash in the pan brought about by an A-lister.

Really makes me thing

Good film

Pic related is also unironically a good film

Attached: download.jpg (185x273, 12.72K)

We need to revive Zig Forums movie night.

Haven't seen The Prince of Egypt, but the '56 version of the Ten Commandments wasn't shy about showing the Jews descent into the idolatry of the Golden Calf and subsequent debauchery and lawless revelry and a good chunk of them perishing from the wrath of God. It's also a remake, by the same director, of a 1923 silent era film by the same name, which begins with bible verses and a dire warning about breaking God's law. Cecil B. Demille was motivated to make the silent version partially as a response to the moral depravity of his era:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ten_Commandments_(1923_film)

He also went on to make other blatantly Christian films:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Kings_(1927_film)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sign_of_the_Cross_(1932_film)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crusades_(film)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_and_Delilah_(1949_film)

Each of these films were big budget box office and critical smash hit extravaganzas for their time.

*teleports behind it*

Vid related is worth your time. This guy gives a thought-provoking assessment that kinda hits the mark

But, THIS TIMES ONE THOUSAND

Obvious choice

Attached: rublev.jpg (2000x1500, 1.3M)

it's garbage made by gary whitta, a man who posts on neogaf (and i assume resetera). any positive connection to christianity is accidental

How’s El Cid?

Attached: 9BA66681-A163-4D08-B44D-81E88EE6F100.jpeg (258x386, 48.04K)

someone make it happen

I heard at the end of the movie the Bible is placed next to Quran as if they were all equal. Lukewarm univeralist ecumenism at Hollywood's rotten finest.

WE

Huh?

That doesn't mean they were both equal. Just that the library wanted to preserve a record of both of them. They both have great historical significance.

The symbology seems pretty onvious my dude.

It should be noted that placing a Bible next to Quran as equals really, really pisses off Muslims.

Attached: Eating Sugar.webm (640x360, 14.06M)

Prince of Egypt is still unironically the best 2D Western Animation of all time.

Chariots of Fire?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariots_of_Fire

Attached: ChariotsofFire.jpg (400x600, 65.84K)

This needs to be persevered just for the sake of the future generations. Thank you user.

wta(wtp)?
I need to burn my eyes and ears with bleach

Attached: -_-.jpg (425x292, 38.89K)

Christian movie? HA! you wish!

this is a JEWISH movie. hell, some of the biggest faces that worked on the film were jewsh - Steven Spielberg and Hans Zimmer

I watched Exodus: God's and Kings for a second time on the weekend, and enjoyed it as much as the first time I watched it a couple of years ago when I was way further away as a believer. I recall it being mentioned on here before that it's crappy/anti christian/unbiblical etc, or whatever anons said, but honestly I couldn't find fault with it from that perspective. They had naturalistic explanations for most of the 10 things that happen to the Egyptian's when Rameses refuses to let the Hebrews go, though from the perspective of Moses and the slaves do not discount God's influemce, involvement or rationale for allowing /causing these things to happen. In addition to this he is still presented as being all powerful and responsible for the spooky supernatural killing of the all the first borns in the passover.

He also appeared as a little child for some reason (I figured this was literally done as a stylistic thing and to be cool and different, couldn't see there being any symbolism behind it but then I'm crappy at deducing that kind of stuff normally anyway) which was a bit odd but had zero impact on anything (hence why I think it was more a style thing them going 'hey wudnt it b cool if like God appeared in the form of a child? Lol'

The crossing of the red Sea was a miracle too.

The only thing that I could say about it being unchristian was when Moses and his wife are getting ready to do the deed after their marriage and the wife asks Moses a series of questions re: what's most important to him in his life, with him answering everything to the effect of 'you are' providing technical opportunity for romance to ensue. Moses doesn't have faith at this point so it would be strange to expect him to answer 'God' to any of these points, hwever the wife has faith but she doesn't seem to mind accepting Moses' prioritisation of her over God, oddly. And again at the end of the film when they're re-united, this time its Moses, who now has faith after everything hes been through, asks the questions and is happy to allow his wife's answers ('you are') to explicitly prioritise him over God, depaite him nw having faith and her used to having a faith to the wxtwnt that Moses' unbelief used to cause conflict/tension between the two. I get its just typical Hollywood romance style stuff, I actually found it very sweet and moving both times, but my point is is that you wouldn't think they would be comfortable answering those questions with anything other than 'God' if they each had proper faith and understood the weight of it and committed themselves to it, but they did, confusingly sendin the message out that it's OK to prioritise a romantic partner or spouse over God. I dunno, maybe they wouldn't have answered God irl, and are just being romantic as is appropriate for the situation, but if they truly had faith then I don't think either of them would have been comfortable going thru those lets-get-it-on initiation questions and just jarred a bit for me. It really was a nice moment of the film both times though.

Why is it considered crap from a Christian perspective? Thoughts?

so many things wrong with them and he spends a good chunk on that

except the point is if you make a film to preach the Gospel as God's Not Dead was in theory made to do, then how can you depict your desired converts as mean-spirited, evil bigots? That doesn't preach anything. It just strokes your ego.